PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

yay/boo - LaMont Jordan is at Practice - Hobbs is not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its still early in the week so no need to panic just yet. Friday's injury report is usually the best indicator to a player's status so hopefully Hobbs and Sanders will be practicing by then.

Well if Hobbs can't go, how much time does Meriweather spend at CB?

We definitely don't want to get into a shootout so hopefully Jordan is 100% and can pound, pound, pound the rock.

Probably none. He only played there last week because the Rams were playing 4 WR and both Hobbs and Sanders were out. We're deeper at CB than Safety right now.

We definitely don't want to get into a shootout so hopefully Jordan is 100% and can pound, pound, pound the rock.

Wheatley was a practice player of the week - good news. Maybe that'll give him some confidence and maybe he has earned some PT.

Wheatley was a practice player of the week - good news. Maybe that'll give him some confidence and maybe he has earned some PT.

Good for him! :) I wonder if he was playing as Bob Sanders? BB does that a lot and Sanders is such a threat I bet someone was doing their best to be him this week. I remember Huard getting the game ball because he played Manning so well during practice.

So...word up if Crable got himself injured kicking around a soccer ball or not?

I saw Shawn Crable on Monday night at a party. Looked to be in great shape. He is perfectly healthy. Actually, I saw him walking with a big plate full of pasta and chicken parm.

Maybe Wilfork inadvertantly injured him taking the big plate of food away?

Sheesheroo.

The Patriots released their Wednesday participation report, and WR Randy Moss was a notable addition (limited participation, foot injury).

The report:

Did Not Participate in Practice
OLB Shawn Crable (shin)
CB Ellis Hobbs (shoulder)
RB Sammy Morris (knee)
CB Lewis Sanders (hamstring)

Limited Participation in Practice
LB Eric Alexander (hamstring)
DE Jarvis Green (ankle)
RB LaMont Jordan (calf)
OT Nick Kaczur (ankle)
WR Randy Moss (foot)
WR Matthew Slater (ankle)

Its still early in the week so no need to panic just yet. Friday's injury report is usually the best indicator to a player's status so hopefully Hobbs and Sanders will be practicing by then.

You are absolutely right it is too early to panic! I have scheduled my panicking for mid-day Friday.

I missed the full report...so Moss added...that is never good...

Wasn't Lamont listed as 'limited' participation last Wednesday too in a walkthrough?

I still wouldn't count on him playing knowing our luck. Though it would be a pleasant suprise. Hobbs is a the major worry here. With Indy you never know what offense will show up and we could end up needing him a great deal.

Wasn't Lamont listed as 'limited' participation last Wednesday too in a walkthrough?

I still wouldn't count on him playing knowing our luck. Though it would be a pleasant suprise. Hobbs is a the major worry here. With Indy you never know what offense will show up and we could end up needing him a great deal.

I agree. I'm not falling for the whole "Indy isn't good this year" talk. That offense has a lot of ability, and our hands will be full stopping that passing attack.

None.......

Maybe Wilfork inadvertantly injured him taking the big plate of food away?

I didn't see Wilfork, just Crable. Crable was really tall and lanky....I take back most my posts talking about how he was not to small to play.

He def needs to add a good amount of size, he is not ready to play.

If Hobbs is unable to play, I see Richardson and O'neal at CB with Wilhite at nickel and Wheatley the dime. Harrison isn't the WR he was before last season's injury, Wayne is the true #1 threat, but I expect Hobbs/Richardson to draw him most consistently.

I'll echo the folks who want to rest Hobbs (if needed) for Buffalo, that is the more important game. Even if the Bills beat NY and the Pats lose to Indy, the Pats can retake the lead with a win over the Bills.

If Hobbs is unable to play, I see Richardson and O'neal at CB with Wilhite at nickel and Wheatley the dime. Harrison isn't the WR he was before last season's injury, Wayne is the true #1 threat, but I expect Hobbs/Richardson to draw him most consistently.

I'll echo the folks who want to rest Hobbs (if needed) for Buffalo, that is the more important game. Even if the Bills beat NY and the Pats lose to Indy, the Pats can retake the lead with a win over the Bills.

Wayne is dinged up too. Did not participate in practice and they're not practicing in pads this week. I have a feeling that after a tough game with the Titans and a short week, our chances are better than we think. I'm hoping for another monster time of possession game.

Even though the Colts' offense has been off this year, facing Manning without Hobbs scares the crap out of me. :eek:

Sometimes it scares me more when he's in there. :p

In other news, welcome back human snow plow! Can we say run the ball right at/over Freeney? I know I can!

Sometimes it scares me more when he's in there. :p

In other news, welcome back human snow plow! Can we say run the ball right at/over Freeney? I know I can!

Freeney does a good job against Matt Light every year.

And our defense has not been that bad against some good running teams lately, Baltimore and TN. We held TN to like 80 yards rushing and out rushed them. It was their short passing game that killed us and Collins not making many mistakes behind a great o line, but with Bob and Hayden back that might help our passing D. We gave up way too many cushions against the Titans receivers Monday, not sure what the Colts were trying to do. It cost us big.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye