PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dwight Freeney's Mom "I don't want my son to play for NE,The fans abused me there"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Dwight Freeney's Mom "I don't want my son to play for NE,The fans abused me there

this had noting to do with the fans and everything to do with money,
the pats were never going to pay him the over 4 million per he got from San Diego, he's 34 years old
and only has 31 tackles and 13.5 sacks the last two years. Rob Ninkovich has 14.5 sacks and over
130 tackles the last two years.
BOTTOM LINE unless Freeney turns back into the player he was 5 years ago he was not a upgrade,

so on that note I wish him the best of luck and hope he's mom has a better experience next time she's in new England.

She won't.

Re: Dwight Freeney's Mom "I don't want my son to play for NE,The fans abused me there

Hahaha the New Englanders called me names I would rather watch a game where gangs show up just to pick fights.

This is true: Mexican punks roam the concourses in groups looking for fights. San Diego has the absolute worst (non-existent) fan security in the NFL.

We will also get some pass-rush help inside from Kelly and Armstead, but I agree with your assessment of the outside pass rush. I also would not expect any more than last year from Ninkovich, Bequette, Francis or Cunningham. We can certainly hope for improvement from them. It would be much better to add Abraham than to simply rely on that group for improvement.

That being said, I expect that Abraham will sign with Denver, the team that has seemingly shown the most interest in signing him. For Denver, it has been Freeney or Abraham for many weeks.
How do you figure Denver had shown more interest in Abraham than NE? Both teams brought him in for a visit. And Denver has already signed Shaun Philips since then.

If that's the case regarding Abraham money wise...**** that!

He isn't worth half that.

I'd rather chance it with some young guys. They don't need an over hyped has been.

I'd rather not, younger does not mean better. Don't pats still have like 10m in cap room? Paying Abraham that money that won't be spent otherwise isn't a big deal on a one year contract.

This is true: Mexican punks roam the concourses in groups looking for fights. San Diego has the absolute worst (non-existent) fan security in the NFL.

That actually sounds kinda interesting. Plus, how cheap are Chargers tickets that a bunch o' beaners:eek:... err... umm... excuse me... Mexican punks (I meant) can afford them? I dunno, but the mental image of that element roaming the ramps at that stadium appeals to my urban traveling down in class fetish. I'm obsessed with observing the disenfranchised & their desperate attempts to appear relevant & influential.
sumone finance me & I'll shoot a documentary on these people. I'll live with them at their haciendas, show their home lives, and then follow them to the stadium for their big Sundays out on the town. Their big chance to posture in front of the gringo Charger fans.
ima give it a rockabilly soundtrack too.

That actually sounds kinda interesting. Plus, how cheap are Chargers tickets that a bunch o' beaners:eek:... err... umm... excuse me... Mexican punks (I meant) can afford them? I dunno, but the mental image of that element roaming the ramps at that stadium appeals to my urban traveling down in class fetish. I'm obsessed with observing the disenfranchised & their desperate attempts to appear relevant & influential.
sumone finance me & I'll shoot a documentary on these people. I'll live with them at their haciendas, show their home lives, and then follow them to the stadium for their big Sundays out on the town. Their big chance to posture in front of the gringo Charger fans.
ima give it a rockabilly soundtrack too.

Actually, the more I think about this, more cinematic possibilities arise. A few hours later, I'm now seeing an entire film genre. Yeah, the "Football Stadium Marauding Mexicans" genre. Oh, you know, it could be a new exploitation subgenre, kinda like Japanese Chick Pinky Violence of the late 60's & early 70's.
That's it. I'm calling Tarantino and pitching it!

(Btw, if I'm not mistaken, I'm now the only person to have ever quoted himSELF on Patsfans.)

Actually, the more I think about this, more cinematic possibilities arise. A few hours later, I'm now seeing an entire film genre. Yeah, the "Football Stadium Marauding Mexicans" genre. Oh, you know, it could be a new exploitation subgenre, kinda like Japanese Chick Pinky Violence of the late 60's & early 70's.
That's it. I'm calling Tarantino and pitching it!

(Btw, if I'm not mistaken, I'm now the only person to have ever quoted himSELF on Patsfans.)

I have personal experience to draw from in serving as your creative advisor during plot/script development. For field research you might consider attending the next Raiders-Chargers game.

I have personal experience to draw from in serving as your creative advisor during plot/script development. For field research you might consider attending the next Raiders-Chargers game.

Yeah, tell it. I wanna know wat you saw at Jack Wazzis name stadium or Qualcom or watever it is these days. Gotta be more better than last Sunday's "Gisele's face is pretty" "No it's not" "Yes it is" "No it's not" back & forth thread.

and my fave Pats win of all time was that '06 playoff game. The '06 Chargers were sick. Ladanian t.d. record & Merriman juiced to the gills. Everyone had already anointed them Super Bowl Champs. Phil Simms said during the broadcast 'The Chargers are just bigger and faster than The Patriots".
Then that sliver of hope touchdown pass at the very end of the 1st half left the door open.
And the Brady pirouette direct snap to Faulk on the 2 point conversion.
And then the Troy Brown strip. My fave Pats play of all time. Why? Because he snatched certain victory outta the Charger player's hands.
Then the sideline bomb to Riche Caldwell and how he just kept running... and running... and running. Right into field goal range.
And how the Pats ground their heels into the Charger Logo at the end.
And how Rodney & his band of goons tracked down Ladanian and shoved him around amongst themselves like a freaking pinball!
And Rivers walking up and screaming "Hobbes is in on this? He's the sorriest corner in the league!"
And Roosevelt Colvin & Wilfork in total beast mode taunting the crowd with the mocking Merriman arm dance.
The whole thing is on You Tube under the "Angry Patriots" keywords.

That team had balls.
Now we got CLOWNS like Gronk & Edelman traipsing to Vegas to get stupid.

anywhays, watcha see in San Diego with the marauding mexi (lol) element?

Some comments on the comments:

1. Sorry to take peweterboy off his rant (not to say it wasn't entertaining ;) ), but to get back to the OP, I'm thrilled to see Freeney sign with SD. Now there is no chance (not that I thought there ever was) he will end up here.

2. As for the money, I think the Chargers over paid, but they have a greater need for his services than the Pats, plus, even though I thought they overpaid, it wasn't by all that much. Anything in the $2-4MM/yr deal is reasonable for someone with his credentials. BTW- I admire him as a player, but just not with the Pats.

3. As to John Abraham, I don't think I'd like it if the Pats paid him $4MM for next year, but I wouldn't hate it. Personally I think the Pats are going to be fine (relatively speaking) just given what they have on the roster now.

4. Think about it. Just adding 3 more sacks over a 16 game season and the Pats would have ranked 8th in the league in sacks. Don't you think that its reasonable to think that, a healthy Jones, the interior rush of Kelly and Armstead, using Hightower more in the rush, the addition of Collins, the addition of Andre Wilson blitzing from the secondary, and even a marginal improvement from Ninkovich, might be enough to gain those 3 more sacks??????

5. Plus I think with the stronger and deeper secondary, our rush will also be helped by an increased aggressiveness by the DC, and more deceptive and unexpected defense looks.

6. I doubt that our rush will be one of the strengths of our defense, nor will it be one that strikes fear into opposing offenses. However I DO think it will improved in all measurable aspects, like hits, hurries and actual sacks.....even if Jon Abraham is not a member of the team.

As usual, I have a nitpick. "The stronger and deeper secondary"? We added Wilson and couple of rooks. What will be necessary for a stronger secondary is for Talib to be near 100% production for more games.

5. Plus I think with the stronger and deeper secondary, our rush will also be helped by an increased aggressiveness by the DC, and more deceptive and unexpected defense looks.

6. I doubt that our rush will be one of the strengths of our defense, nor will it be one that strikes fear into opposing offenses. However I DO think it will improved in all measurable aspects, like hits, hurries and actual sacks.....even if Jon Abraham is not a member of the team.

That settles it. Take her out next time folks;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe