Welcome to PatsFans.com

Dwight Freeney's Mom "I don't want my son to play for NE,The fans abused me there"

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PATRIOTSFANINPA, May 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

2. Joey007

Joey007 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +103 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Re: Dwight Freeney's Mom "I don't want my son to play for NE,The fans abused me there

Good going, guys. :rolleyes:

3. dales804

dales804 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +488 / 6 / -2

Disable Jersey

Re: Dwight Freeney's Mom "I don't want my son to play for NE,The fans abused me there

If he wants to be here and the Patriots want him, as long as the financial part is taken care of, it shouldn't much matter. I'm sure there's plenty of opposing players' family members that have been talked to harshly in friendly Gillette. It shouldn't really affect whether they sign here or not.

4. primetime

primetime Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +357 / 27 / -22

#18 Jersey

ah yes this innocent woman is the problem not the fans who victimized her, huge take man

5. 50-yard-line

50-yard-line Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +225 / 2 / -1

Is there an "unlike" button for this post? Trashing the family of an athlete is despicable behavior. Period.

6. Christian

Christian Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Well, doubt he comes here now. Not that he was going to anyways.

7. BadMoFo

BadMoFo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

8. PATRIOTSFANINPA

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Who cares about the fans and what they said?..fans likely do it to opponents family members in every stadium. .....many of them probably with a little too much to drink.

9. FirstAndGoal

FirstAndGoal Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +101 / 2 / -0

Who wants her son? He's a broken down backup that wouldn't make a team if he weren't someone who used to be someone.

10. PATRIOTSFANINPA

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

So a person does not want to have their son play for a team because maybe 30 obnoxious fans out of 60,000 gave her some disrespect?...you can't blame the whole fan base at the stadium for a few...its not like every fan in the stadium all got up and called her names....some fans get carried away,its nothing abnormal.

There are classy fans and as-holes at every stadium.....just more so at Met Life ;)

11. SONS_OF_BELICHICK

SONS_OF_BELICHICK Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

#93 Jersey

If any player wanted to protect there parents, why not have him pay for a luxury box?? You never know who is in those seats near you. Especially in a hostile environment,what do you expect them to say......I think your son is awesome....do you want a beer its on me.....or ...do you want me to sit down...I will have the people all in front of you who have paid good money to see their team play sit down, tone it down, and golf clap while you enjoy your free seat...

12. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,204 / 5 / -19

#61 Jersey

So, perhaps she'd rather he plays in Philadelphia or New York? Pats fans are the most well-behaved bunch I've ever been around, and I've been to 18 other NFL stadiums. Maybe the bigger question is what she might've done to piss off the fans around her. :eek:

13. lurker1965

lurker1965 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +111 / 6 / -7

No Jersey Selected

1) If "Verbally abused" means "Hey, your son sucks!" my suggestion to that is grow a f'in' skin. If it means "Die, N-word, Die!" I doubt something as mild as "Verbal abuse" would be used to describe it.

2) Even disregarding this, I would not want Freeney. And I fear he would get paid so much we would feel we have to play him.

14. ALP

ALP Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +48 / 2 / -0

Her logic is quite nonsensical yes
    Dwight's decision is quite separated from his moms wants yes
    His dads same thing yes
    U should have used a better tone in ur OP yes

15. Blizzzard

Blizzzard Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

#54 Jersey

She was undoubtedly rooting for the opposing team (colts...ie, our bitter rival)... What would she expect to happen at ANY NFL stadium outside of Indiana? :rolleyes:

I doubt they knew it was his mother... Just an Indy fan. Unless she was wearing her "I'm Dwight Freeneys Mommy" sandwich board :D

16. PittPatriot

PittPatriot PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5 / 4 / -0

#11 Jersey

Whoa! Easy there, fella. You may be insulting a large number of the guys we typically pick up in Free Agency. Sheesh...:rolleyes:

17. Seels

Seels On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

There hasn't been a single year of Freeney's career he wasn't extremely overrated. A one dimensional pass rusher that is bad in every other part of the job, but at this point can't even get to the passer anyway. I don't want him anyway, so this is good news for me.

18. FourierSeries

FourierSeries Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +148 / 13 / -1

#12 Jersey

Freeney's mom has something in common with Pats fans then: we don't want him to play for us either.

19. CaliPatsFan12

CaliPatsFan12 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If he signed with the Pats next time she comes in she'll be praised

20. 50-yard-line

50-yard-line Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +225 / 2 / -1

Your post was far from classy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.