PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Drew Bledsoe shows true colors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to act is if Bledsoe's comments are fine is ridiculous. Saying the best day of you're life is the day after the season ended is fine? WTF? It is one thing to hate training camp as that is widely renowned as the least fun part of being a pro football player. But it is still something you have to do because it is part of your job. But saying that the best day of your life is the day the season ends is completely different. The season is what you push through training camp in order to get to. It is the payoff. So I wonder, If Bledsoe didn't like training camp or the season, what part of pro football did he enjoy? Also consider the goal of a quarterback is to keep his season going for as long as possible. Guess those playoff losses aren't so hard to handle when it means the best day of your life is coming sooner rather than later. In the NFL a quarterback can never be truly great unless he really love what he does. Drew was never truly great. I could never, EVER picture Brady saying these same comments. You can defend it how you want, but when you say that the best day of your life is the day where something ends, then you do not love that something. It is as simple as that.

Michael Jordan says "Hello"

When Bledsoe was here in Dallas, he played OUTSTANDING his first 6 or so games.

However-it's still mystifying how long it took or the G-Nats, Iggles, and Skins to figure him out.

I remember in our first meetings with them, for teams that are blitz-happy/man-man, I was surprised how much rushing 4/cover 2 they played-unsurprisingly, they got torched.

However-in our second meetings with them, they figured it out-Double Cover Terry Glenn, and Blitz him like crazy. All of a sudden, Drew become slow to make his reads, and he started getting sacked nearly every other play. And this became the blueprint thereafter.

Back in '03 when we played the Bills, Parcells did EXACTLY that(double cover Moulds and blitz him like crazy)-so it was ironic why Tuna would make him his guy(again) down the road.

Lay off Drew. He was a good Patriot. He helped save this franchise from moving to St. Louis. He brought respectability back to the franchise and put them on a path to success. We all know his flaws, and he would drive me crazy with that worse Ints at the absolutley worse times, but I will always appreciate what he did for this franchise.

I agree with this sentiment. Drew never had real fire in his belly for the game. He was a natural passer, a very good natural QB, but he is just not the competitor that others are, like Brady, Rodney, Brusc, and a host of others.

But Drew did bring respectability to the NE Patriots at a time when we were desperately in need for respectability as a credible franchise.

Drew was a very good player based on his natural talent; Brady is a great player based on his will to win. They are what they are. Two different people. Love 'em both for what they have done for the Pats, I say.

//

Respectability? What, a continued tease at winning but falling short in an embarrasing fashion at the end? No, I had enough of that and enough of Drew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News