Welcome to PatsFans.com

Drafting at #7

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by mesoslo, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mesoslo

mesoslo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think it is perfect, the patriots actually have a draft slot that is very for other team to trade up with, especially if a star top 3 pick(Mcfadden) falls all the way to the 7th slot.

If one Randy moss helps us go 16-0 do you think having 2 randy moss will still help us go 16-0?

Any wr in the draft that is a clone of Randy moss? maybe a little bit shorter more agile?
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2008
  2. patsfaninpa

patsfaninpa Rookie

Ratings:
    +51 / 8 / -3

No. Randy Moss is the type of player who comes along once a decade or so. He left Marshall(not exactly an elite school/conference) after his 2nd year there. 3rd year out of hs. Was at FSU for a year and didn't play. Because of legal problems. Went to the nfl as a 21 year old rookie and dominated. WR is a luxury. Not a need for 08. We can keep Moss and Stallworth or Gaffney and we'll be bine. No great wr's in this draft. D.Jackson - Cal or M.Kelly - OU WILL probably be the top two picked. Neither is a sure thing.
  3. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +256 / 38 / -4

#75 Jersey

I think that the interesting thing about the #7 slot is that the Ravens pick at #8. I'm guessing that they are most likely going to go for Brohm at that point. I'm not sold on Brohm as a pro QB, as Petrinos QBs (and him) don't seem to do that well in the Pros. Atlanta will most sertainly draft Matt Ryan at #3-5.
    I doubt that Miami will draft Ryan, although I do not doubt that they would trade out of that spot with a Baltimore, Detriot, Carolina, Chicago, Philly or whoever would want to trade up to #1 to get him. My bets is that by the time the combine is done Ryan will be the consensus #1 pick.

So my point is all these teams that need a QB are going to want to jump Baltimore in order to get to Brohm. So the Pats could trade down a little and pick up some more picks.

I figure that the following teams are going to need a new QB:

Atlanta
    Baltimore
    Carolina
    Chicago
    Detriot

Funny who none of the playoff teams will be looking for a QB.

I figure that McNabb is done in Philly and he will be traded, and I could see him thrive in Chicago or Baltimore. As for the other free agent QBs next year...

Grossman
    Cleo Lemon
    Culpepper
    Josh Mcown

I'm guessing that Miami will re-up Lemon and give Beck another shot at the job (although he did look terrible).

Bottomline is that their are a large number of teams that NEED a QB, and the Pats sit right in front of one of them, that can only be a good thing.
  4. mesoslo

mesoslo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Can plaxico burress be randy moss with out the deep threat?

He has the size and reach for redzone offense, not to mention he might be able to handle stallworth's routes.

Moss and chad jackson or moss and plaxico buress will be a nightmare for any defense.
  5. mcsully

mcsully Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 3 / -0

Detriot doesn't need a QB. they drafted Stanton in the 2nd round next year and have pinned their future to him..
  6. mesoslo

mesoslo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

detroit is ranked 31st in the league in rushing they need mcfadden.
  7. Canada's #1 Pats Fan

Canada's #1 Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

No they don't. Kevin Jones was hurt and on IR for most of the year.
  8. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +53 / 1 / -4

Is the problem Kevin Jones, or is the problem Detroit's offensive line?
    I know it's never safe to say this... but I think they've drafted enough wide receivers for now! :p
  9. mesoslo

mesoslo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

and if jones gets hurt again they might be where they are right now. They could draft a rb in the 2nd round, but now they rely on their future success on a 2nd round pick, well if that is the case then do you think they might trade out of the first round then?

the lions must be a real good team if they think they can solve their running game with just a 2nd round pick.

Even if they trade to grab mcfadden, the combo of jones and mcrfadden wouldnt kill anyone?

Mcfadden can pass blk for kitna who was always on his back.
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2008
  10. danny88

danny88 Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

This draft is so deep in rb talent its scary. Mcfadden is overrated. Felix Jones is a better back imo. Plenty of great backs will be left early first round high second. Stewart comes to mind.
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2008
  11. Remix 6

Remix 6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

they didnt even try to run the ball with Martz.
  12. cstjohn17

cstjohn17 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +43 / 11 / -4

#54 Jersey

I really can't see any scenario that they stay at pick 7... it just costs too much.

#7 from 2007 Adrian Peterson RB 6 years for $40.50 M, $6.75 per year average
  13. mesoslo

mesoslo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

yeah but Matt Ryan in his first year can win you a superbowl espeically with BB as a coach and the patriots Defense core LB and Dline remains in tact.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.