PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft up next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They need another beast on the DL to pair with Wilfork. Warren will not be that guy whether he comes back into form (questionable) or not.

Along with the OLB and O line needs I'd expect them to add a player or two at DE.

Your wrong.

They need another beast on the DL to pair with Wilfork. Warren will not be that guy whether he comes back into form (questionable) or not.

Along with the OLB and O line needs I'd expect them to add a player or two at DE.

The development of Brace, Pryor, Wright, Love, and Deaderick is promising. I am much more optimistic about Ty Warren then you are I guess.

BB will probably trade down 20 times again because he feels like he has to be unpredictable and "outsmart" everyone yet again.

Meanwhile, the Jets have been aggressive at getting the players they want like Sanchez and Greene, and take a look at what where they are right now. Sure stockpiling picks for the future is fun and stuff but the Jets already have a core that'll make that franchise Super Bowl contenders for years to come.

BB will probably trade down 20 times again because he feels like he has to be unpredictable and "outsmart" everyone yet again.

Meanwhile, the Jets have been aggressive at getting the players they want like Sanchez and Greene, and take a look at what where they are right now. Sure stockpiling picks for the future is fun and stuff but the Jets already have a core that'll make that franchise Super Bowl contenders for years to come.

Greene was a later round pick. He had nothing to do with the Jets being aggressive. And sure, they're in the AFCCG again this season. But have you looked at their impending free agent list? It's pretty extensive. They sold out for this season and, as of right now, it's paying dividends. The Pats are building for the future and that rebuilding process has happened in large part due to trading down. With the picks we have, I'm sure that we could trade up several times over if BB sees someone he really likes early on in the draft.

i predict a radical shift in philosophy when it comes to drafting. the patriots have most of the players they want and i bet they found them faster than they had anticipated, now they need to go out and get a couple more elite players, DL, OLB, OL. these positions must be addressed.

if the patriots really like someone they need to move up and get them, enough of this rebuilding phase, tom brady isnt going to be around forever.

Greene was a later round pick. He had nothing to do with the Jets being aggressive. And sure, they're in the AFCCG again this season. But have you looked at their impending free agent list? It's pretty extensive. They sold out for this season and, as of right now, it's paying dividends. The Pats are building for the future and that rebuilding process has happened in large part due to trading down. With the picks we have, I'm sure that we could trade up several times over if BB sees someone he really likes early on in the draft.

The Jets traded up for Shonn Greene in the 3rd round. That's pretty aggressive in my book. And I'd rather go all out for a chance to win it all right now, but I guess that's just a difference in opinion.

i predict a radical shift in philosophy when it comes to drafting. the patriots have most of the players they want and i bet they found them faster than they had anticipated, now they need to go out and get a couple more elite players, DL, OLB, OL. these positions must be addressed.

if the patriots really like someone they need to move up and get them, enough of this rebuilding phase, tom brady isnt going to be around forever.

I wouldn't call this a radical shift. BB has moved up in the draft before to get people he has really wanted.

The Jets traded up for Shonn Greene in the 3rd round. That's pretty aggressive in my book. And I'd rather go all out for a chance to win it all right now, but I guess that's just a difference in opinion.

You do realize that the Pats have traded up plenty of times within the last couple of years in the middle and later rounds, right?

IMO we need the following

DE - a 1st round 5-technique DE - JJ Watt, Aldon Smith or Wilkerson
WR - A legit deep threat, tall and/or speed guy who can stretch the field
OLB - TBC is gone, Ninko is a situational player. A guy who can set the edge and get pressure
C - Koppen is going thw wrong way fast against the bigger NT's
FB - Not Sammy Morris - someone like Kuhn from GB

I'd like to see the offense given some early draft round talent for a change. For the last half decade the defense has been given this luxury.

Add some beef upfront, a true wideout who is a legit deep threat and perhaps a skillful RB or two. The only spots on offense that are in great hands is QB, RT, 3rd down RB, TE and slot receiver. All else is fair game for improvement.

On defense you're probably counting 3 CBs, 2 Ss, Mayo, and Brace.

On offense you're probably counting 2 TEs, Vollmer, Mankins, and Maroney.

I don't see 7-5 as a huge disparity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes