PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many Pats fans thought that David Harris would be a pretty fair 3-4 ILB. I was one of them.

The only concern was that he ran a high 4.68 to 4.75. We weren't sure he was fast enough, and could cover enough to really standout.

By comparison Mayo is five lbs heavier, and runs a 4.54. He is also more of a leader, and scored higher on the Wonderlic. That is important, if you are planning for him to be the future diagnostician and leader of the Pats complex Defense. People on the Michigan team, thought that Crabel was a better player than Harris, and we have him too. Crabel runs a low 4.61 40 and has the looks of the next Vrabel after some grooming. AD has a high 4.5 low 4.5 clocking as well.

Three of the Pats LBs are faster than Harris and Woods and Hobson are about the same speed. If they add another good LB, irrespective iof whether he is a n OLB pass rusher,(AD or MV goes back inside), or an ILB, to make a young troika, the Pats LB corps is re-built for 4-6 years.

Who's to say which will be the better player, Mayo or Harris. Harris has already produced, but had the Pats drafted him they would not have gotten Mayo or the second round pick next year. Don't forget they used the NO pick to draft Crable too.

If we are going to talk about the "what if's", then what if we traded our 2 2007 first rounders to San Fran to move up to #12 and we take Willis.

At the end of the day, BB missed out on Willis and Harris and all we have to show for it is a Mayo. I really hope I am wrong about this kid, but after watching the Florida coaches tape, I have to think I am not.

I am thinking that barring injuries, we are drafting #32 next season, and I am stating early, that I would like either USC Cushing OLB if we go defense and Mizzu Coffman TE if we go offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft