PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft: Jimmy Graham 4th?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is one of my binkys and I wouldn't mind taking him in the 3rd if we get a pick there. I think he is purely a receiving TE. Just like Greg Olsen. Physically he is better then Olsen was coming out of Miami. Olsen just had years more of experience and better technique.

I also think he could be the best offensive TE to come out of this draft. He would really need to work on his blocking. If we could take him and Gronkowski I think they would be the perfect compliment for years to come.

I really hope Gronkowski's medical checks out ok. The guy has the complete package as far as TE's go, but if he does in fact have spinal stenosis that is almost a certain no go.

FoxboroFlyer said:
I really hope Gronkowski's medical checks out ok. The guy has the complete package as far as TE's go, but if he does in fact have spinal stenosis that is almost a certain no go.[/QUOTE

I agree on this guy; I'd love to have him but the possible severity of his spine issue I a huge red flag.

I don't think the FO agrees with your assessment; otherwise I'm sure Watson would have been retained on a team left with zero at the position. I'm certainly not saying Watson was a failure, but he wasn't a difference maker.

Let's just say that Watson was no Ben Coates. The FO obviously didn't believe in him enough to retain his services. The new contract he signed paid him less than TBC. I believe that if the Pats coaches and Brady really liked our tight ends, then those guys would have been thrown at more. They just were not as good as people are making them out to be. That is why the position is being totally retooled for 2010. Much like the WR core was totally retooled for 2007.

Graham or Pitta in the 4th would be great prospects to look at for the TE position. Pitta is more polished but Graham has more athletic upside. I'd settle for either. The Pats might need to trade back from #53 to get a 3rd and 4th so they can get their desired tight end. I don't think you need to spend a 2nd in a tight end heavy draft.

Gronkowski's back problems/medical issues do concern me. Although I'm sure that's been checked out at the Combine. If he starts dropping, I'm sure that will be one of the main reasons why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News