7. Albert Wilson--WR/KR--Georgia State

1st round: Louis Nix DT Notre Dame
2nd round: Austin Sefarian Jenkins TE Washington
3rd round: Donte Moncrief WR Ole Miss
4th round: Gabe Ikard C Oklahoma
6th round: Ben Gardner DE Stanford
6th round: Matt Patchan OT BC
7th round: Deandre Coleman DE/DT Cal

Yep, I am totally binkyless! (I don't count anybody I expect to be gone in the top half of round 1.)

A few players do give me that "Patriots feeling" -- e.g. Joel Bitonio -- but nobody makes me plot and dream. :)

Other than Aaron Donald, the guys who come closest to "binkydom" for me are OL Joel Bitonio (#96), LBs Christian Jones (#123) and Jordan Tripp (#116) and DBs Antone Exum (#138) and Phillip Gaines (#148).

Hageman is another player that is rated as a 1st rounder by some and a 2/3 rounder ( boom or bust) by others. Those who rate him lower say he disappears too often.
But he does have the size and strength to make it if he wants it bad enough.

Other than Aaron Donald, the guys who come closest to "binkydom" for me are OL Joel Bitonio (#96), LBs Christian Jones (#123) and Jordan Tripp (#116) and DBs Antone Exum (#138) and Phillip Gaines (#148).

Barring a free agency surprise at LB, I'm going to make a prediction here: the Patriots draft a smallish, athletic linebacker higher than he's "rated," passing over more heralded prospects at more talked-about positions, and the board will go nuts. :)

In that spirit, my new draft:

29. Ryan Shazier LB
62. Dominique Easley DT
93. Joel Bitonio OT
125. Crockett Gillmore TE
6th. Zack Kerr DT
6th. Gator Hoskins HB
7th. Dustin Vaughan QB

Barring a free agency surprise at LB, I'm going to make a prediction here: the Patriots draft a smallish, athletic linebacker higher than he's "rated," passing over more heralded prospects at more talked-about positions, and the board will go nuts. :)

In that spirit, my new draft:

29. Ryan Shazier LB
62. Dominique Easley DT
93. Joel Bitonio OT
125. Crockett Gillmore TE
6th. Zack Kerr DT
6th. Gator Hoskins HB
7th. Dustin Vaughan QB

Works for me:

Mayoclinic said:
My 1st pick formula is pretty quickly coming down to (a) trade up for Aaron Donald if possible, (b) take Ryan Shazier if he's available, or (c) trade back to 40 or so and take Dominique Easley. Any of those 3 guys would provide speed and disruption. Add in Christian Jones/Jordan Tripp and I want one of those 2 DTs and 1 of those 3 LBs.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...01282-pro-day-results-page6.html#post3772898 (see post #57)

Mayoclinic said:
I don't think there is a TE worth taking in the 1st round other than possibly Eric Ebron, who will be long gone. But I don't think we need to, either. There is TONS of day 3 talent in this draft who can come in and IMMEDIATELY be effective - Trey Millard, Gator Hoskins, Trey Bruton, Joe Don Duncan, Richard Rodgers, Jake Murphy. Maybe even take a flyer on Colt Lyerla (very unlikely), or a TE conversion of Larry Webster or Logan Thomas.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...ried-away-building-d-page3.html#.UyO5zNywPuc (see post #22)

I somehow left Crockett Gilmore out of my initial list of day 3 TE prospects, but included him later (see post #60).

And I've already mentioned Joel Bitonio as a near-binky.

Works for me

Why does it worry me that we agree so much?

I have to say, this most recent stab at the game is the first mock I've managed to be content with afterwards.

aaron Donald/Jernigan
ASJ
Weston Richburg
Christian Jones

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye