PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft Evaluation Through the 5th - 6 needs met, including a 2017 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Obviously, we won't know how well the team filled the needs for a couple of years. For now, six needs have been met: QB, WR, OL, DT, CB and 2017 4th round pick (a need because we had relatively few picks in 2017).

Using two 6th's for a 2017 4th is really a good deal for the patriots.

Obviously, we won't know how well the team filled the needs for a couple of years. For now, six needs have been met: QB, WR, OL, DT, CB and 2017 4th round pick (a need because we had relatively few picks in 2017).

Using two 6th's for a 2017 4th is really a good deal for the patriots.
The Patriots must have been listening to you when they drafted Cyrus Jones and added three other udfa
cornerbacks. Jonathan Jones was quite highly rated. I was disappointed they didn't take advantage of
the wealth of defensive tackles. Valentine gets mixed reviews.

The Patriots must have been listening to you when they drafted Cyrus Jones and added three other udfa cornerbacks. Jonathan Jones was quite highly rated.

The Mike Mayock rankings (the only ones I pay attention to) of top 100 prospects had Cyrus Jones ranked #41, and Jonathan Jones was unranked.

Mike Mayock's 2016 NFL Draft top 100 prospect rankings

The (in my opinion) much less reliable ESPN rankings have Cyrus Jones ranked 74 and Jonathan Jones ranked 174.

2016 NFL Draft Player Rankings - National Football League - ESPN

The Patriots must have been listening to you when they drafted Cyrus Jones and added three other udfa cornerbacks. Jonathan Jones was quite highly rated. I was disappointed they didn't take advantage of the wealth of defensive tackles. Valentine gets mixed reviews.

The Mike Mayock rankings (the only ones I pay attention to) of top 100 prospects had Cyrus Jones ranked #41, and Jonathan Jones was unranked.

Mike Mayock's 2016 NFL Draft top 100 prospect rankings

The (in my opinion) much less reliable ESPN rankings have Cyrus Jones ranked 74 and Jonathan Jones ranked 174.

2016 NFL Draft Player Rankings - National Football League - ESPN

Jimke, we were debating about whether Jonathan Jones or Cyrus Jones would be the better cornerback. It looks like the Patriots have signed Jonathan Jones as a Free Agent! Great free agent signing! I guess Jonathan Jones will have his chance to prove himself on the field, good luck to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes