PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft Day 2: Official Rounds 2-3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Jacoby Brissett develops into a Good Quarterback for the Patriots . I like the pick. I think the Patriots picking Jacoby Brissett likely means that Jimmy Garoppolo is going to be traded.

I can understand why you may think that, and perhaps they are trying to project ahead in a "best case" scenario if he plays the first 4 games well. I do however, think that this automatic expectation of success for Garoppolo should be tempered a bit.

People are already talking about trades and such, even throwing out fantastical first round scenarios. The truth is that we've seen almost nothing from Garoppolo so far. He may be the next Cassel ('08), or the next Hoyer or Mallett. We have no idea and really have very little to go off of at this point in time.

Personally, I think they tend to select QBs like O'Connell, Mallett, Garoppolo, and Brissett with high round draft picks because they want to get one of the more athletic and talented QBs in the draft, and they know they go quickly. That's just my theory, though. I'd prefer them to take shots at QB more often, but then you run into issues with roster spots and realistic expectations for reps, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3