PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Donte Stallworth??????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevedogc

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I've heard rumors that he wants to be traded? Can anyone verify that? If the Pack wants to much for Walker, or his $$ demands are to high, Stallworth could be a nice substitute.

IMO Stallworth couldn't hold Walker's jock.

IMO Stallworth couldn't hold Walker's jock

He's not even close to the same level as Walker, but if we don't get Walker we need somebody. And, well, he's somebody.

The Stallworth wants out of NO rumor has been around for several weeks and discussed quite a bit here. The new twist on that is Michael Smith says he could be part of a trade package with NO-GB swapping disgruntled WR's. The two trips Walker is making are to Denver - who has already offered Lelie and a day two pick - and NO.

DocAdkinsDiet said:
He's not even close to the same level as Walker, but if we don't get Walker we need somebody. And, well, he's somebody.

you are correct--Stallworth never blew his knee up or threatened a hold out...

MoLewisrocks said:
The Stallworth wants out of NO rumor has been around for several weeks and discussed quite a bit here. The new twist on that is Michael Smith says he could be part of a trade package with NO-GB swapping disgruntled WR's. The two trips Walker is making are to Denver - who has already offered Lelie and a day two pick - and NO.

I wonder if the Pack would take the higher of our 3rd rounders this year, and a 3rd next year? Would that be enough?

Next year the Pats should be picking late in the 3rd round (hopefully #32). And my guess is that the Pats should get a 3rd rounder for losing Givens, and maybe a 3rd (probably 4th) for losing AV (Compensatories). Of course that all depends on what other FA's the Pats pick up this year. So we should have extra picks next year to use in a trade.

and Walker was the #1 WR in GB while Stallworth was #2 behind Horn in NO. Both are good players but id feel a little safter with Stallworth..likely ask less money than Walker...hasnt held out in past..hes faster and isnt coming off a very serious injury

Remix 6 said:
and Walker was the #1 WR in GB while Stallworth was #2 behind Horn in NO. Both are good players but id feel a little safter with Stallworth..likely ask less money than Walker...hasnt held out in past..hes faster and isnt coming off a very serious injury

I feel the same way. I know Favre has lost it a bit, but I still say he is/was better then Aaron Brooks. And both Stallworth and Walker have very similar numbers.

Remix 6 said:

hey--I'll make an exception here to express complete agreement with your post. i get the feeling that this is just a smokescreen--the price of getting Walker and tha baggage just don't add up to me...

let's see if we can't make a habit of that... :rocker:

Given all matters of compensation (trade AND cap $$$) Stallworth is, IMO, a far more appealing asset.

Last edited:
patsox23 said:
Given all matters of compensation (trade AND cap $$$) Stallworth is, IMO, a far more appealing asset.

Except if you watch him play, you'll see he's not an asset. No heart, toughness or desire, or much real talent as a receiver other than going down the field. Like I said in an earlier post, he'd be a Bethel Johnson redux. No thank you.

Flying Fungi said:
I'll make an exception here to express complete agreement with your post.
Now cut that out! :D

Richter said:
Except if you watch him play, you'll see he's not an asset. No heart, toughness or desire, or much real talent as a receiver other than going down the field. Like I said in an earlier post, he'd be a Bethel Johnson redux. No thank you.

Except I have seen him play and he's a pretty dynamic player. By the way, that "Bethel Johnson redux" had stats comparable to DEION BRANCH last year. I think you're buying into a myth about Stallworth based on the fact that he started out slow when he was a flashy player coming out. Check the stats. He's played all 16 games the last two years, as well.

I'm down with Dante

Love it for the right price. We need help at wide-out. BB had nothing but good things to say about all the Saints receivers last season. Imagine what this guy would do with Brady throwing him the ball.

He is not coming off major surgery either.

patsox23 said:
Except I have seen him play and he's a pretty dynamic player. By the way, that "Bethel Johnson redux" had stats comparable to DEION BRANCH last year. I think you're buying into a myth about Stallworth based on the fact that he started out slow when he was a flashy player coming out. Check the stats. He's played all 16 games the last two years, as well.

I watched him play at the Alamodome three times last year, as well as seeing all the other games he played in last season. He shies away from contact, is not tough over the middle, is not a good route runner and takes plays off constantly. Saying he had stats comparable to Deion Branch last year means nothing, because he was one of the very few players Aaron Brooks would even throw to last year, especially with Joe Horn in and out, and the Saints pass/run ratio out of whack due to McCallister's injury. NO THANK YOU.

Richter said:
I watched him play at the Alamodome three times last year, as well as seeing all the other games he played in last season. He shies away from contact, is not tough over the middle, is not a good route runner and takes plays off constantly. Saying he had stats comparable to Deion Branch last year means nothing, because he was one of the very few players Aaron Brooks would even throw to last year, especially with Joe Horn in and out, and the Saints pass/run ratio out of whack due to McCallister's injury. NO THANK YOU.

You don't want him, fine. You've seen more of him than I have so I'll trust you over what I've seen on the TV. I do think your argument about Aaron Brooks is superficial, though. Thanks for the insight.

I don't want either one..... I don't want to bring any FA WR's in till after the draft...... On a side note: I predict will be calling Bethel, "the Beast" by late October..... He's gotta know its put up or shut up and leave time for him.... He's greased lightning on high-powered roller skates! Bethel, its your time to shine!:rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News