PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Donte' Stallworth may get cut today. Would you take him back?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you re-sign Stallworth?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Donte Stallworth may get cut today. Would you take him back?

Definately!

Made of glass?

The scouting report on him says he "blows up the competition" :eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:

He was beaten out at the end of 07 by Gaffney, so this is a concern. He trajectory was negative. I would prefer a player with more potential.

I was going with "probably dead", myself. If not that, "needing dialysis" would still have to be at least a yellow flag.

Should we consider him a bust yet, or wait one more season?

And is Jarvis better than him?

Should we consider him a bust yet, or wait one more season?

And is Jarvis better than him?

(You're going to get me in trouble with the sensitive types if I keep answering these.)

Let's just say that after making a big early impression, he's been pretty much invisible for the past couple of seasons.

He's got lots of goats tho. :D

Can Bin Laden play OLB with his medical condition?

Bin wants to drive the team bus. Wants to know how much weight it will carry and would it be alright if he hires a "nervous" trainee for the first run. Any takers?
DW Toys

Last edited:

Bin wants to drive the team bus. Wants to know how much weight it will carry and would it be alright if he hires a "nervous" trainee for the first run. Any takers?
DW Toys

He certainly knows where the Boston airport is, and it's safe to say he won't defect to any New York teams.

Why not? People were complaining about Gaffney, and Gaffney played Stallworth off the roster.

Sort of. Gaffney was much better value; Stallworth's cap number would have shot up last year had the Patriots exercised his option.

He still hasn't hit his 30th birthday if I'm not mistaken, so for a low money deal I can't see the problem. Plus you get his alien alter ego Nico with him.

Last edited:

I hear Ben Coates and Marion Butts also want to come back into football, anyone think they'd be awesome pick ups for the Pats? Gosh, this stuff is madness. I still do not understand why every single time one player is cut from a team, we always need to do a "Hey, Bin Laden just got cut from Al Qaeda, any interest?" in him type threads or polls.

I agree. It's absolute madness to ask if we should re-sign one of the WRs Brady was throwing to when he passed for 50 TDs two years ago. Mandess! WTF are some people thinking? Why would we want to do that?

Day two draft a developmental WR instead. Our WR corps is geting old.

(You're going to get me in trouble with the sensitive types if I keep answering these.)

Let's just say that after making a big early impression, he's been pretty much invisible for the past couple of seasons.

I know for a while he was running some training camps in the Middle East.

Of course, there's his "character issues" to consider, but with Belichick's no-nonsense policies and leaders like Brady, Bruschi and Rodney (if he's back) in the locker room, I'm sure he'll be kept in line.

It's interesting to note his stats don't leap off the page from 2007, however. Just looked 'em up.

Donte' Stallworth: Career Stats

Compare those to Gaff's '07 stats:
Jabar Gaffney: Career Stats

Notably DS - 3 TD's, JG - 5 TD's

Ok, listen, we can put the Bin Laden issue to rest. He'd never work for a Jew and as soon as he set foot on the Patriots field he'd get "blowed up".

Not gonna happen.

I know for a while he was running some training camps in the Middle East.

Of course, there's his "character issues" to consider, but with Belichick's no-nonsense policies and leaders like Brady, Bruschi and Rodney (if he's back) in the locker room, I'm sure he'll be kept in line.
If hes been running training camps than maybe he would work out as a coach. No one would ever drop a ball, miss a tackle or an interception. Or off with their head.

Donte come back...........

In a ny freakin minute................

Why not? People were complaining about Gaffney, and Gaffney played Stallworth off the roster.
Did you know that Gaffney signed with another team? so hes not available. ;)

It's interesting to note his stats don't leap off the page from 2007, however. Just looked 'em up.

Donte' Stallworth: Career Stats

Compare those to Gaff's '07 stats:
Jabar Gaffney: Career Stats

Notably DS - 3 TD's, JG - 5 TD's

Donte was all about YAC. And we saw some early glimpses that looked exciting... Unfortunately though over time you have to be where Brady expects you to be to do a lot of yacking... I believe the skinny on donte was he just wasn't a precise route runner and he struggled with the post snap adjustments. Towards the end when Brady found him it was usually as a last resort outlet and that was seldom somewhere from which he could yac his way out of little more than a short gain. He looked lost on the field towards the end, like he was just wingin' it. We don't run the just wing it offense.

We don't run the just wing it offense.

Plaxico Burress thinks we do, haha...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case