PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Don't Sell Tickets to Pats Fans! The Colts Did This When Manning was in Indy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is common practice for a lot of teams come playoff time.i don't know why people get shocked about it or mad about it either.

Re: Donkeys, Seahags limit playoff ticket access: NFL needs to stop this

I love it! It is called home field advantage. If visiting fans want to attend make it harder on them

Last time a team did this to us...
dHoRlnq.jpg

It really doesn't matter..if pats fans want to go..they will go on stub hub or craigslist and buy tix

Speaks volumes about their organizational insecurity. :D

i agree with them, i don't want non-Pats fans in our stadium

I don't see how very many of us can get out there anyway, unless you have a frequent-flyer deal to cash in. Airfares are prohibitively expensive. But anyone who REALLY wants a ticket can get them easily through a broker, eBay, or the NFL Ticket Exchange on Ticketmaster, which has 1,200 tickets available starting at $392 each. If not for travel expense I'd certainly be there.

Are you going Deb?

I am not going, Tune. Are you? My husband actually wanted to go as he thinks Brady vs. Manning is better than any Super Bowl match up, but I said I would rather go to the Super Bowl if the Patriots make it, and we can't afford both trips. Truthfully, I am worried about this game, and if we lose, I don't want to be there to see it live, having had too much of that the last few years (how's that for a whimp-out?). If we make it to the big game, however, I am going no matter what, even though I swore off of Super Bowls after Indy (which my husband keeps reminding me, LOL). I mean it's driving distance! You don't even have to get a room! (LOL).

What are your plans and any one else's? Anyone else going to Denver?

On the flip side, I was there for the prior AFCCG (Cundiff's miss) and it was sweet that all the Ravens fans who were doing their stupid Ed Reed chants before the game and such were deflated and doing the walk of shame out of the stadium after the game. I was there for it and it was glorious.

There was a family of Ravens fans that said "good game" to me and my brother outside Patriots Place (I said good game back to them as well) and they were the only classy Ravens fans I came across. But yeah I don't have a problem with road team's fans attending. I've been to my share of road games and should be allowed to just like anyone else. I'm glad we don't worry about that crap here in New England.

Agreed. We can't have it both ways. When the game is in your house, you have to win it no matter who is in the stands. Even if a lot of fans from the other team go, it still won't come anywhere close to your own fans there to cheer you on.

I may be driving in from KC, but I dont want to pay almost $400 bucks to sit up in nosebleed or endzone with derelicts.

Be prepared for sticker shock. If I was within driving distance I would probably go despite my fears about us losing in the house of Peyton.

Be prepared for sticker shock. If I was within driving distance I would probably go despite my fears about us losing in the house of Peyton.

The Pats are going to win.

Its hard for me to justify paying $500 - $800 when I paid $1000 per for excellent Super Bowls tickets.

Broncos earned home field advantage, can't blame them for taking advantage of it.

I am not going, Tune. Are you? My husband actually wanted to go as he thinks Brady vs. Manning is better than any Super Bowl match up, but I said I would rather go to the Super Bowl if the Patriots make it, and we can't afford both trips. Truthfully, I am worried about this game, and if we lose, I don't want to be there to see it live, having had too much of that the last few years (how's that for a whimp-out?). If we make it to the big game, however, I am going no matter what, even though I swore off of Super Bowls after Indy (which my husband keeps reminding me, LOL). I mean it's driving distance! You don't even have to get a room! (LOL).

What are your plans and any one else's? Anyone else going to Denver?

Not going to Denver but will try for the Super Bowl if we make it. I've heard that Super Bowl tickets will be extra difficult to obtain this year because of corporate demand in the New York area. We'll see.

The Pats are going to win.

Its hard for me to justify paying $500 - $800 when I paid $1000 per for excellent Super Bowls tickets.

Do you mean SB tickets this year? If so, where can I get tix like that!? (seriously...).

If you mean in Indy, that game was weird. Tickets were overpriced online, but we still bought as we did not want to get all the way to Indy and be shut out. On the day of the game, however, there were ticket brokers all along the main drag selling tix for face or less as the game got closer. If the Pats had made it to NO last year we were going to go without tix in advance and hope for the best based on the Indy experience (because we figured if in the unlikely event we were shut out, we could still go to a bar in downtown NO and have a good time there watching the game). No way I would try this in NY, as I think all the tix will be scarfed up in advance, and the stadium isn't located in Manhattan, but who knows? NE vs. NY didn't bring the crowds they'd hoped for, but it was Indianapolis, not exactly a great city at the center of many people's universe.

Just because they know we have the best fan support in the nfl and that we're not afraid to travel to watch our team. Wow well they have fun with that pats fans will still find a way into mile high.

I know it's already been mentioned, but a lot of teams do this...and Denver did it last game too, so it's not a "just for this game" kind of thing. In fact, the Chargers were allotted a certain number of tickets (not sure if it's for the team and their families, etc.) and they couldn't even sell all of them. The Chargers returned over 300 tickets to the Broncos, which then went to more Broncos fans. Talk about pathetic.

The Pats are no Chargers though, and I'm sure you guys would take advantage of every ticket you can get. Think of it this way, in the grand scheme of things let's say without doing this there winds up being 5-10,000 Pats fans out of 77,000. A lot, but not enough to make a difference. The real reason for this, I think, is to give Broncos fans the chance to get tickets for a playoff game.

Wouldn't you be pissed if you wanted to buy tickets to a Pats home playoff game, but there were none left because the opposing team's fans snatched them up?

I know it's already been mentioned, but a lot of teams do this...and Denver did it last game too, so it's not a "just for this game" kind of thing. In fact, the Chargers were allotted a certain number of tickets (not sure if it's for the team and their families, etc.) and they couldn't even sell all of them. The Chargers returned over 300 tickets to the Broncos, which then went to more Broncos fans. Talk about pathetic.

The Pats are no Chargers though, and I'm sure you guys would take advantage of every ticket you can get. Think of it this way, in the grand scheme of things let's say without doing this there winds up being 5-10,000 Pats fans out of 77,000. A lot, but not enough to make a difference. The real reason for this, I think, is to give Broncos fans the chance to get tickets for a playoff game.

Wouldn't you be pissed if you wanted to buy tickets to a Pats home playoff game, but there were none left because the opposing team's fans snatched them up?

Sorry, RYO, we don't roll this way in NE. If you want to go to the game you scout out tickets like everybody else. We aren't afraid of a few fans from the opposing team coming to our stadium.

Sorry, RYO, we don't roll this way in NE. If you want to go to the game you scout out tickets like everybody else. We aren't afraid of a few fans from the opposing team coming to our stadium.

Yeah -- instead we have our owner essentially sell Superbowl tickets to scalpers instead of to season ticket holders.

(Look, overall I love how Kraft has run the team, and that he leaves BB alone, but he does have his slimy moments.)

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Yeah -- instead we have our owner essentially sell Superbowl tickets to scalpers instead of to season ticket holders.

(Look, overall I love how Kraft has run the team, and that he leaves BB alone, but he does have his slimy moments.)

This is a whole other issue, and I agree wholeheartedly - Kraft should release more tickets to loyal every day fans. I like Kraft as an owner, but I have always said he does nothing without an eye towards making more money.

Edit - and he does not sell the tickets to scalpers. He gives them to club seat owners. If you mean that a lot of those folks sell them to scalpers, then I guess you are right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes