PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Don't Sell Tickets to Pats Fans! The Colts Did This When Manning was in Indy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsDeb

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Broncos Selling AFC Championship Game Tickets Only To Fans Living In Rocky Mountain Region « CBS Boston

What a crock. Afraid of a few Pats fans, Peytie? My husband and I ended up in Indy for the Indy vs. Steelers divisional game in 2005 (thought the Pats would be there instead of Denver, guessed wrong). There were articles in the paper there begging fans not to sell their tickets to Steelers fans (scalping not illegal in Indy at the time). Looks like Petyie brought the practice out west with him.

I got news for Broncos fans - when Blount is running all over you, it won't matter how many people you have to yell your lame dweeby chant.

Go Patriots!!

Yes. I believe Seattle is doing the same thing for their NFCCG. They're not selling to California residents.

Talk about an inferiority complex. Who gives a crap? I thought is was comical when the big bad 12th man of Seattle did it, at least San Fran is a quick flight or a days drive away. But how many people from NE are actually going to make the trip to Denver. Lets say at best 1000 fans either travel or live in the area could go to the game. Is 1-2% of the crowd attending the game being the opposite teams fans really going to make a difference either way. Id certainly hope the team I wanted to win was focusing on more pressing issues.

Talk about an inferiority complex. Who gives a crap? I thought is was comical when the big bad 12th man of Seattle did it, at least San Fran is a quick flight or a days drive away. But how many people from NE are actually going to make the trip to Denver. Lets say at best 1000 fans either travel or live in the area could go to the game. Is 1-2% of the crowd attending the game being the opposite teams fans really going to make a difference either way. Id certainly hope the team I wanted to win was focusing on more pressing issues.

Agreed. How many people do they think they are shutting out? Little do they know we are all just waiting for Peytie to implode so we can drive to NY for the Super Bowl ;)

I don't see anything wrong with it! Whats the big deal?

LOL

The Ottawa Senators tried this in the NHL. They tried to stop Toronto fans from buying tickets when the Leafs played there. Then when that failed they tried to ban fans from wearing Leaf jerseys to the games.
That turned into another epic fail.

desperation........and fear

This is the best news i have heard all day, The more the merrier ,I want the whole of Denver to be jam packed in the stadium and watch Brady mess with their team. Imagine 50k+ people booing Forehead when he is walking off the field after having thrown 4 Ints and losing the game singlehandedly.

I don't see how very many of us can get out there anyway, unless you have a frequent-flyer deal to cash in. Airfares are prohibitively expensive. But anyone who REALLY wants a ticket can get them easily through a broker, eBay, or the NFL Ticket Exchange on Ticketmaster, which has 1,200 tickets available starting at $392 each. If not for travel expense I'd certainly be there.

Are you going Deb?

This is the best news i have heard all day, The more the merrier ,I want the whole of Denver to be jam packed in the stadium and watch Brady mess with their team. Imagine 50k+ people booing Forehead when he is walking off the field after having thrown 4 Ints and losing the game singlehandedly.

Oh it'll be packed all right. Gonna be fun to watch Brady walk off the field screaming and throwing his little tantrum (just like Rivers) When he throws another pick six that is ran back for a TD. Just like he did the last time you played a playoff game here! You remember right? Brady walked off a loser that day and will again next Sunday!! GUARANTEED!!!! :rocker:

I wish the Patriots had done this for last year's AFC Championship Game. There were tons of Baltimore fans in the stadium last year, making the loss even more painful than usual.

I wish the Patriots had done this for last year's AFC Championship Game. There were tons of Baltimore fans in the stadium last year, making the loss even more painful than usual.

It's dumb and I'd never want my favorite team to be associated with doing something this petty. Hopefully they won't be.

Re: Donkeys, Seahags limit playoff ticket access: NFL needs to stop this

Why does the NFL need to stop it?

Why shouldn't a team take actions to increase the chances of tickets going to fans of the team?

Those tickets were bought on the secondary market, not from the team itself.

I don't see how very many of us can get out there anyway, unless you have a frequent-flyer deal to cash in. Airfares are prohibitively expensive. But anyone who REALLY wants a ticket can get them easily through a broker, eBay, or the NFL Ticket Exchange on Ticketmaster, which has 1,200 tickets available starting at $392 each. If not for travel expense I'd certainly be there.

Are you going Deb?

I may be driving in from KC, but I dont want to pay almost $400 bucks to sit up in nosebleed or endzone with derelicts.

Re: Donkeys, Seahags limit playoff ticket access: NFL needs to stop this

I think it's bad form, but smart business. Plus, they know there are plenty of rabid Patriot fans that would snap up tickets and they generally have no issues selling games out.

I guess that's why you want home field advantage. ;)

I may be driving in from KC, but I dont want to pay almost $400 bucks to sit up in nosebleed or endzone with derelicts.

But that's in the neighborhood of what you should expect to pay for a secondary-market championship game ticket -- easily $400-$800, or more for a good seat.

On the flip side, I was there for the prior AFCCG (Cundiff's miss) and it was sweet that all the Ravens fans who were doing their stupid Ed Reed chants before the game and such were deflated and doing the walk of shame out of the stadium after the game. I was there for it and it was glorious.

There was a family of Ravens fans that said "good game" to me and my brother outside Patriots Place (I said good game back to them as well) and they were the only classy Ravens fans I came across. But yeah I don't have a problem with road team's fans attending. I've been to my share of road games and should be allowed to just like anyone else. I'm glad we don't worry about that crap here in New England.

A lawyer with too much time on his hands could make a case on this. You can't discriminate in restaurant service based on national origin according to the civil rights act.

In employment discrimination, national origin is broken down into

National origin discrimination involves treating people (applicants or employees) unfavorably because they are from a particular country or part of the world, because of ethnicity or accent, or because they appear to be of a certain ethnic background (even if they are not).

So, Donkeys are discriminating against people from a certain part of the world by refusing to provide goods for purchase equally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes