PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Don't look now but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jared

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
The Jets have 3 losses, putting the Pats in first for the AFC East. If we can beat the Colts in a few weeks, that puts us a long way towards getting a first round bye (assuming the AFC North promises to beat each other up a couple more times).

Just makes me really wish we could have gotten that Denver game for a shot at home field throughout...

It is what it is...nice to be back in first.

Plus NT Jenkins is probably lost for the season with a knee injury.

Plus NT Jenkins is probably lost for the season with a knee injury.
NFL.com ticker reports a suspected ACL, that will hurt the Jester D - though it is near that time for Jenkins to normally start sucking wind and napping between plays to conserve energy.

NFL.com ticker reports a suspected ACL, that will hurt the Jester D - though it is near that time for Jenkins to normally start sucking wind and napping between plays to conserve energy.

Yeah he looks to be done for the season and probably his career, as good as he is when healthy the guys body just cant hold up. Hes had chronic knee injuries for years now, being that big and playing that position with a bad knee spells bad news. Big blow to the jets d, I hope they suffer the rest of the season screw them.

Yeah, it'll be tough for Jenkins to come back for this one. Hope he can, because it sucks for injuries to dictate when a player has to retire, but hasn't he missed most of two seasons already with knee injuries? At some point, it must be tough to go back and go through all that rehab again...

Yeah, it'll be tough for Jenkins to come back for this one. Hope he can, because it sucks for injuries to dictate when a player has to retire, but hasn't he missed most of two seasons already with knee injuries? At some point, it must be tough to go back and go through all that rehab again...

He didnt miss last year but was really hindered by an injury last season where he played like crap the second half of the season.

If we beat the Bucs this week, 5-2 placed with the bye and the Dolphins coming to Foxboro.

That would be where even the more optimistic fan would have to be happy with the Patriots standing given Brady returning from surgery and a new defense.

Kris Jenkins' knee injury is "probably severe"
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 18, 2009 9:47 PM ET
The Jets may have lost more than a division game on Sunday.

Jets coach Rex Ryan admitted Sunday night that the knee injury nose tackle Kris Jenkins suffered against the Bills was "probably severe."

Rod Boone of Newsday was more ominous, tweeting: "From the sound of things and the way some of the players are talking, Kris Jenkins' season may [repeat may] be over with a knee injury."

The New York Daily News writes that people familiar with Jenkins' injury fear he has ligament damage and is done for the season.

Latest News and Rumors | ProFootballTalk.com

It's looking good at the minute but I think we're a ways away from talking about first round bye's.

We did this after the ravens game, got all excited that we were on track then got spanked 2nd half by the Broncos.

One game at a time no?

It's looking good at the minute but I think we're a ways away from talking about first round bye's.

We did this after the ravens game, got all excited that we were on track then got spanked 2nd half by the Broncos.

One game at a time no?

Yep. My biggest concern is that we'll sleep on the Dolphins. IMO, they're the biggest challenger in this division, not the Jets*.

Yep. My biggest concern is that we'll sleep on the Dolphins. IMO, they're the biggest challenger in this division, not the Jets*.

Absolutely,

Good point I guess is that we have them at home first so that's in our favour- can't see them pulling off the miracle two years in a row.

Looking at the schedule with my nervous eye it would be as easy to look at the next six and say we could be 5-6 by the time we have to travel to Miami as I think the two road games to Indy and NO are going to be really tough trips, and the way they have been playing I don't see the Jokers or the fish approaching a game in NE with any fear with what they've done over the last year ish against us.

Still, positive about it thou and think we're gonna have the division done by the time we have to face the bills at crimbo time

The September Super Bowl Champion NY Jets have been really lucky with injuries the last few years.

Good thing they already won the Championship.

The September Super Bowl Champion NY Jets have been really lucky with injuries the last few years.

Jenkins going down, for the season maybe, would be huge

Looking at the schedule with my nervous eye it would be as easy to look at the next six and say we could be 5-6 by the time we have to travel to Miami

We are going to go 1-4 over the next five games? Wow.

The Jets have 3 losses, putting the Pats in first for the AFC East. If we can beat the Colts in a few weeks, that puts us a long way towards getting a first round bye (assuming the AFC North promises to beat each other up a couple more times).

Just makes me really wish we could have gotten that Denver game for a shot at home field throughout...

let's just beat the Bucs in London...then focus on the Dolphins after the bye week...one game at a time...

I hate to see bad injuries. I cannot revel in Jenkins getting seriously injured. I am happy to watch the Jets implode especially with all the trash talking, head cases they have.

As for Jenkins, the guy has already torn both his ACLs. I wonder if he has torn one of them again whether it is career ending. The guy is a great NT. I hope not even if he plays for the Jets.

We are going to go 1-4 over the next five games? Wow.

Nah, I never said we are.

I said we could, and that's simply cause I'm a nervous kinda fan!

Seriously though, after London the next 5, fins twice, jets at home and away to the saints and the colts. That's a tough run that we can easily finish 2-3 after

The Jets philosophy of moving up in the draft to draft "quality" over "quantity", trading away picks for players, and signing free agents thus losing comp picks has combined to create a situation where their team has good to great starters and no depth. This is compounded when you miss on a pick like Gholston. Every team has misses in FA and the draft, but you have a chance to compensate for the misses with more picks as long as Bobby Grier isn't making the picks.

As Pats fans we would all love to have players like Revis, or Harris, but would we want to have the Jets 53 player roster over the Pats, even if we remove QB from the equation?

Last edited:
Division thoughts. I don't mind the Bills sucking 'cause I know that despite great draft position, as a team they'll still suck. Fish rots from the head and the head is senile.

As soul gratifying as it is to see Sanchez win the INT crown and the Jets fans implode, I wish it were later in the year because they DO know how to draft. Gholston was the exception. Fortunately, they don't have lots of picks but a good #1 for them could cause us problems. I hate to see Jenkins injured, first in principle and secondly because it gives Jetfans the excuse for the team's increasing suckitude.

To my surprise, the Phins are the AFCE rival to beat. One of the few imaginable things that would cause me to think my man BB had lost it would be to have the Pats get run over by the Wildcat as badly as the Jets did. Can't tolerate thinking BB would coach as badly as Ryan. That nightmare said, I see the Pats winning big over the Phins. Ron Brace's breakout game. Heh. The kitty O is one reason BB brought Seau back. Run D.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick