PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphins switch to 4-3 as expected with new DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
That could be the worst 43 DL in the NFL. And the LBs behind them aren't exactly world beaters.

I wondered about the Jets' LBs in a 4-3. Rookie DeMario Davis is a good fit, but he's a rookie. David Harris is a good 3-4 SILB, but I'm not sure how good he'd be as a 4-3 MLB. And the rest of the guys don't fit very well, and, as you say, aren't exactly world beaters.

This may deserve it's own thread, but the Jets are apparently also moving towards using more 4-3 fronts:

Notes: Sparano isn't Captain Crunch Time - Jets Blog - ESPN New York

As with Jared Odrick in Maimi, I'm not sure I see 315# Muhamad Wilkerson being able to play 4-3 LDE. They'll certainly have plenty of beef up front with Coples, DeVito, Pouho and Wilkerson.

Best part of that article is Rex Ryan saying no one has done the 2minute drill better than Miami under Sporano, then the writer posting the stats that actual everyone has done it better, since they were league worst in 2 minute offense.

Except that Bryant actually does a pretty good job as a 4-3 jumbo DE. The Pats made a run at him this offseason, but Seattle paid him $35M / 5 years to stay, so the Pats went for Jonathan Fanene instead. I'm very high on Fanene, but Bryant would have been a total beast for us.

I like my DEs - even 3-4 DEs - a bit more athletic than Bryant.
Besides, he played all 16 games for the first time in his 4-yr career last season;
he played 17 games combined before then, so health/durability is still an issue with him.
I just could not have committed that big a contract based on only one healthy, productive season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft