PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphins still Complaining....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mavfan2390

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Some Dolphins players were unhappy about the Patriots throwing with a big lead Sunday. ''Everyone was disappointed with the lack of respect,'' Chris Liwienski said. ``It's a kick in the teeth and lacked some class. Enough is enough.''

http://www.miamiherald.com/588/story/282079.html

Wow...Now I really appreciate Bill Belichick and the tight ship he runs, if a player on the Pats pulled this crap (which wouldn't happen in the first place) he would be severely reprimanded by Bill. Maybe this is why the Dolphins suck, they can't seem to focus on the right things.

I find it funny that this made the Yahoo FRONT PAGE as a story, but when Jason Taylor said the exact opposite, it doesnt.... I love the media.

Maybe the Dolphins should focus thier disappointment on the fact that they couldn't stop the Patriots offense.

This *****ing about running up the score is riduculous. If the Pats were vastly outscored by an opponent, do you think they would ***** about a lack of respect? To a man, everyone in the locker room would put the blame squarely on themselves for not competing.

Last edited:

Wow...Now I really appreciate Bill Belichick and the tight ship he runs, if a player on the Pats pulled this crap (which wouldn't happen in the first place) he would be severely reprimanded by Bill. Maybe this is why the Dolphins suck, they can't seem to focus on the right things.

Pull this crap?

I just don't see it that way, it would bother me a little bit too. I can see where Chris is coming from, he's on the offense, the offense is playing well. The reason Jason didn't care was because he knows his side of the ball is absolutely horrible right now.

Pull this crap?

I just don't see it that way, it would bother me a little bit too. I can see where Chris is coming from, he's on the offense, the offense is playing well. The reason Jason didn't care was because he knows his side of the ball is absolutely horrible right now.

at 0-7 ur offense is playing well? thats news to me...
but back on topic...

yea, funny how the guy we actually put up the points against isnt complaing...but a guy who had nothing to do wiht our offensive production is whinning

at 0-7 ur offense is playing well? thats news to me...
but back on topic...

yea, funny how the guy we actually put up the points against isnt complaing...but a guy who had nothing to do wiht our offensive production is whinning

Well watch a game then. That's the problem with most fans and the media, they just look at the stats/record or whatever but have no idea what's actully going on.

I was actully watching ESPN the other day and they were saying how Miami is so bad because the offense always leaves the defense on the field and the D is tired. I could do nothing but laugh when I heard that.

These analysts don't watch the games, they know about 2 or 3 star players, read some stats and call it a day.

HELLO! The Miami offense is averaging over 20 points, that's a huge improvement from a year ago. If the defense didn't completely collapse and would've played like 2006, Miami would be 5-2 at worst right now.

Pull this crap?

The issue isn't whether the player would feel that way - how the player feels is irrelevant in the press practices of a well run professional team. The factor that matters is the strategic advantage to be gained from the player expressing to the press how he feels.

The fact that the player felt the freedom to say this to the press is the meaningful data point here. By allowing this to happen, the team administration (coaches, etc.) is in effect endorsing the practice. And that's just plain stupid.

The guy is a complete douche. It was 42-7 at the end of the third, and then the Dolphins quickly had two TD's in the beginning of the fourth. It was 42-21 with ten minutes to go. You should be thrilled that I'm giving enough props to your Phins that I believe they could score three td's in ten minutes with our second stringers in.

HELLO! The Miami offense is averaging over 20 points, that's a huge improvement from a year ago. If the defense didn't completely collapse and would've played like 2006, Miami would be 5-2 at worst right now.

When you are behind by 30, the opposing team tends to rest their regulars and play nickel for the second half.

Just a thought.

There's no ifs, ands or buts, no woulda coulda shoulda. Your team plays the game and what happens happens. Excuses and explanations mean nothing.

Sure your defense could have been better. And if Queen Elizabeth had balls she'd be King.

Amazing. His own coach calls a timeout so that the Patriots can't run out the clock and he blames the Patriots for (correctly) interpreting the signal that the game should still be played. They run 4 times inside the tackle and that's running up the score? It just proves that there are lots of people out there that don't understand that if you want to end the game, you don't call a timeout to prolong it... (and then complain that the other team wouldn't simply take a knee)

Aren't the Dolphins playing the Giants this week? This is part of the reason why teams like the Chargers, Cowboys, and especially the Dolphins aren't playing at the Pats' level. The Pats are always looking at the upcoming week's opponents. Those other teams seem to dwell on the previous week.

Can you see any of our players mid-week after a game complaining about the other team in that game? The Pats (and teams like the Colts) will say we lost and now we gotta focus on this week's opponents. The only time that something like this would ever become forefront in the Pats lockerroom again would be if they play the team they lost to again.

The Chargers were so upset about the loss to the Pats that they focused in on that game all offseason and even probably looked past the Bears. The Pats do have the loss to the Colts in the back of their minds, but you never hear the Pats talking about the Colts. Next week they will though.

haha, the pats gave up 7 points to MIAmi...get used to taht...

u did not get 28 points, u got 21 less then taht...

cuz if brady would ahve stayed in, it takes away cassels INT, which drops u to 21...and then if we didnt take out our starters, u wouldnt have scored again...

ur offense scored a total of 7 points on the pats....ur wonderful and awesome Offense managed ONE TD, boy they are good

When he was coaching the Miami Hurricanes, Jimmy Johnson had a great quote when asked about his running up the score:

"It's not our fault if you suck."

I'm paraphrasing, but that pretty much sums it up.

Doesn't it respect your opponent to assume they are good enough to score 21 points in 10 minutes?

Isn't this the exact opposite of disrespect?

What lack's class is other team players, coaches and GMs making comments about the Patriots cheating when they all know that "stealing" signals is legal and that numerous teams and scouts have been video or audiotaping for years - even decades.

They have the lack of class to question whether the Patriots deserve their SB rings - and they are now paying the price for doing so.

They've brought this on themselves - and further show their lack of class by whining about how helpless they are to stop the Patriots.

Yeah it was all fun and games last year when they stole Brady's line audibles. Payback is a ***** eh?

I heard that the Dolphins are going to stay in London after this weeks game and try their hand at soccer :D

Well watch a game then. That's the problem with most fans and the media, they just look at the stats/record or whatever but have no idea what's actully going on.

I was actully watching ESPN the other day and they were saying how Miami is so bad because the offense always leaves the defense on the field and the D is tired. I could do nothing but laugh when I heard that.

These analysts don't watch the games, they know about 2 or 3 star players, read some stats and call it a day.

Aqua, that dream of the Dolphins being 5-2 must have been pretty wet! Make sure you change your sheets....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST