PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphins still Complaining....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Case 1: Possibility of a team overcoming a 21 point deficit with 10 minutes
Case 2: Possibility of a team overcoming a 28 point deficit with 14 minutes
Case 3: Possibility of a team overcoming a 14 point deficit with 2 minutes and the team that's ahead is in the red zone

Case 1: BB felt the probability was high enough that you should keep trying to score

Case 2: BB felt the probability was essentially nil, so no reason to try to score until/unless it becomes Case 1:

Case 3: Wade Phillips felt the asnwer was yes. Hence Wade called a timeout. BB also felt that Dallas could win the game given a turnover & onside/quick-score. Field goal = chance for turnover. Running up the middle with the 4th string running back = not trying to score. If dallas can't stop a 4th string rb who they know is going to run up the middle; well I dont know how anyone can blame the patriots on that one.

I really don't know how it can get any simpler than this. If the other team has a greater than 1% chance of willing, BB will keep trying to score. If they have less than a 1% chance, BB will try to kill the clock (if the other team lets him).

And you can't have it both ways. You can't keep trying to win, and expect the other team to let you.

The only reason you rest your starters is for their own good, not to help the other team's feelings.

Honestly, the problem isn't that the Pats are running up the score. The problem is that their so good that other team's can't stop them; & thus this situation comes up every week.

Last edited:
Calling me stupid and justifying a player going to the middle of another team's field and mocking them isn't going to render a response. I guaran-damn-tee if Jason Taylor went to mid field at Gillete with a video camera and taped Cam Cameron making calls, you guys wouldn't like it. Those players need to learn class and I don't see any bit of correction by the head coach.

I'm not going to read the rest of your post until you can learn to converse with someone without insulting their character because of their opinions and view points.

Then don't. If you don't want to be called that, don't act like that. Simple.

This whole "classless" thing is a straw man. It's literally much ado about nothing. It all started with LDT (I won't call him "LT") telling the world that the Patriots didn't meet his definition of "class", which he highlighted by calling himself "Classy"! Go figure!

Anyway, that's quite an analogy you put forth there with JT taping from midfield! And Cam Cameron! I don't know how you put him in there. I won't use the S word here again, but you are fairly begging it's use.

And besides, even Darth Goodell stated that the taping that occurred had no impact on the game!

I just don't get where this "classless" thing is coming from. You looking for someone to coach an NFL team who's bucking for sainthood? That's what you're asking, you know. It's not Bill Belichick. And in point of fact, it's no one in the employ of any team in the league.

Give it a rest, Aqua, for your sake as well as everyone else's.

Then don't. If you don't want to be called that, don't act like that. Simple.

This whole "classless" thing is a straw man. It's literally much ado about nothing. It all started with LDT (I won't call him "LT") telling the world that the Patriots didn't meet his definition of "class", which he highlighted by calling himself "Classy"! Go figure!

Anyway, that's quite an analogy you put forth there with JT taping from midfield! And Cam Cameron! I don't know how you put him in there. I won't use the S word here again, but you are fairly begging it's use.

And besides, even Darth Goodell stated that the taping that occurred had no impact on the game!

I just don't get where this "classless" thing is coming from. You looking for someone to coach an NFL team who's bucking for sainthood? That's what you're asking, you know. It's not Bill Belichick. And in point of fact, it's no one in the employ of any team in the league.

Give it a rest, Aqua, for your sake as well as everyone else's.

What's stupid is calling someone a name for an opinion.

While LT comes off as whinny and annoying, he's right. I don't like him or the Patriots but I side with him on this one.

I don't see how that's such a bad analoygy. It's mockery in someone elses place, the same thing the Pats did to the Chargers, just in a bit more extreme fashion.

You don't have me convinced, I've seen to many incidents to make me belive he isn't a classy guy nor is the Patriots' organization.

What's stupid is calling someone a name for an opinion.

While LT comes off as whinny and annoying, he's right. I don't like him or the Patriots but I side with him on this one.

I don't see how that's such a bad analoygy. It's mockery in someone elses place, the same thing the Pats did to the Chargers, just in a bit more extreme fashion.

You don't have me convinced, I've seen to many incidents to make me belive he isn't a classy guy nor is the Patriots' organization.
this from a guy who doesnt pay his lost bets and stiffed a charity .you dont know anything about being classy .:rolleyes:

this from a guy who doesnt pay his lost bets and stiffed a charity .you dont know anything about being classy .:rolleyes:

2 logical falcies in one post, this has become the norm in your posts. Let me help you so you can correct them next time around.

Argumentum ad hominem- Practice of abusing or discrediting your opponent rather than keeping to the topic of the argument.

Red herring- Using an event irrevelvant to the topic meant to mislead.

Stay on topic here, man.

More red herring here at Patsfans, stay on topic.

You pay to see Brady, or do you pay to see the Pats win. So by your standards you want Brady in 60 minutes a game under any circumstance. How would you have felt if Brady got hurt with 1 minute to play in a 49-28 game?

I don't know much about football from the 70's, I've seen games, I've seen highlights and all that jazz but I'm not familiar with the culture of football in the 70's. I do, however, know what football is all about in this century and I know that going back to Brady is a classless move by Belichick.

Okay, why's it a "red herring"? I can't wait to hear that one.

"Culture of football??? Where'd you get that.

So how far back does this "culture" go? Let me know because I'm going to assume my kid is older than you at this point.

Okay, why's it a "red herring"? I can't wait to hear that one.

"Culture of football??? Where'd you get that.

So how far back does this "culture" go? Let me know because I'm going to assume my kid is older than you at this point.

Red herring is a logical falacy.

You know, culture, the way things are done. Perhaps you've heard that word before? Maybe?

For me or for football? Football has been around for a long time.

Red herring is a logical falacy.

You know, culture, the way things are done. Perhaps you've heard that word before? Maybe?

For me or for football? Football has been around for a long time.

1) I know what a red herring is. I'm asking how it's a red herring?

2) I asked what the "culture is" and how far back this culture of "not running up the score" goes.

You haven't answered anything. All you've done is be a wise ass. If you want me to be a wise ass back, continue on this line, otherwise, respond with respect and you'll get some.

1) I know what a red herring is. I'm asking how it's a red herring?

2) I asked what the "culture is" and how far back this culture of "not running up the score" goes.

You haven't answered anything. All you've done is be a wise ass. If you want me to be a wise ass back, continue on this line, otherwise, respond with respect and you'll get some.

Because countless times I say something that has nothing to do with the Dolphins and someone will post a reply, "How does 0-7 feel?" Or some ignorant statement of that fashion, that my friend is a red herring.

I'm not sure how far back that culture goes, that's what I'm saying, I don't know what the situation was in the 70's.

I'm not sure where this brash and abrasive treatment is coming from, whatever man, you're just being asinine.

Okay, just so I'm following along, the moral compass of the board actually bailed on giving money to a charity? Wow! Do you kick children and old people too?

Anway, Aqua, do you realize why the Pats danced on the logo? Do you know Sacky McAsspants told the city in a rally he was going to personally rip Brady's head off? Well, that's respect for your opponent. That they shut out tickets to people outside of CA because they didn't want any cheering? That they had the parade all done and planned because the 3 time champs couldn't possibly beat them?

And since you have so many examples, please present them. I would love to know all these taunts that I have missed in the last 20 years.

Because countless times I say something that has nothing to do with the Dolphins and someone will post a reply, "How does 0-7 feel?" Or some ignorant statement of that fashion, that my friend is a red herring.

I'm not sure how far back that culture goes, that's what I'm saying, I don't know what the situation was in the 70's.

I'm not sure where this brash and abrasive treatment is coming from, whatever man, you're just being asinine.

Okay, since you brought logic into it, here's the problem with what you're saying

1) You statement about 0 -7 is called a "Guilt by association". I have not argued anything about your record.

2) Your not being able to define the "culture" is called an "Appeal to belief" argument.

3) Your attack by calling me asinine is called an "Ad Hominem" attack since I've neither been abrasive nor brash.

Now, what is clear to me is that you don't know anything about a "red herring", nor can you define how I created one by my statement about Brady playing.

What's also clear to me is that you don't have the education to be arguing logic with me or anyone else since you don't understand the difference between a logical construct and a logical fallacy. My advice is to stay in school and take a logic course because you need it.:D

Okay, since you brought logic into it, here's the problem with what you're saying

1) You statement about 0 -7 is called a "Guilt by association". I have not argued anything about your record.

2) Your not being able to define the "culture" is called an "Appeal to belief" argument.

3) Your attack by calling me asinine is called an "Ad Hominem" attack since I've neither been abrasive nor brash.

Now, what is clear to me is that you don't know anything about a "red herring", nor can you define how I created one by my statement about Brady playing.

What's also clear to me is that you don't have the education to be arguing logic with me or anyone else since you don't understand the difference between a logical construct and a logical fallacy. My advice is to stay in school and take a logic course because you need it.:D

1.) It wasn't directed at you until you asked me about it. You wanted to know, I told you.

2.) Again, I don't know what the culture of football was in those days. Do I really have to define the word culture to you?

3.) You called me an asswipe. HAHA! But you're right, not abrasive nor brash. :rolleyes:

I know exactly what a red herring is, I've defined it multiple times in this thread. What isn't logic is when I make a post that has nothing to do with the Dolphins and then someone says, "How does 0-7 feel?" That's why I used the term red herring, it is appealed to all the time on this site when I post.

Last edited:
I'm going to try and answer a few questions here. First off all, I've heard a lot of bashing of "Hey you're 0-7, how does that feel?" Well, obviously that's a stupid question because how the hell do you think it feels? We know we're 0-7, it's good to see you guys can read the paper, some of you actually can pass off as a first grader.

The Patriots ran up the score, sure. I mean I can understand why they were still scoring points in the second quarter. But at half time, the score was what? 42-7 or something of the sort. I really can't remember off the top of my head. It might have even been 49-7, I really am not sure. What if the point of going in shotgun formation in the third quarter when you're up by 35 points? Honestly? Is there really a point? I mean, sure it's understandable to be a little paranoid after Cassell throws an interception, but c'mon, BB could've easily just ran the ball instead of letting Brady throw all over us for yet another TD. But hey, whatever... that's fine. Congratulations for throwing all over one of the worst secondaries in the league. I mean, our two safeties are out for the year so it's not like you guys shouldn't do well throwing on us. Because you know, Cameron Worrell really scares opponents.

One thing I didn't understand was dissing the value of the Wes Welker trade and how we drafted Ted Ginn Jr. Okay, first off, Wes Welker is being made by a quarterback named Tom Brady. You guys know that, if Welker was anywhere else, he wouldn't be putting up these stats he is right now. I respect Brady, I do... But he's making his receivers just like Marino did. We got great value for Welker as well, a second round pick which is translating into a promising young center named Samson Satele. I'll take a possible franchise center over Welker any day.

As for Ted Ginn Jr, patience. He's going to be good, he's shown a lot of improvement over the past weeks as a returner. Notice that teams have been kicking away from him? Teams kick away from him and our special teams suck for blocking and tackling (as you guys know from the Willie Andrews return) so it's obvious they're scared of Ginn's speed. You can't expect rookie receivers to do great their first year, I mean how did your boy Welker do his first year? Not too great I'm thinking. Go ahead and throw out thoughtless and irrational arguments. It doesn't really bother me.

I'm okay being a rebuilding team at the moment, it's about time we go into rebuilding instead of patching holes with old veterans. But if you want to feel proud by making fun of me for being a Dolphins fan and because they suck right now (yes, I know it), I hope you feel big. I mean, our starting QB was put on IR as was our starting RB. Our star WR was traded to SD (which was a good deal) and both our starting safeties are spending their season on the IR as well. We're closer than you guys think, and if not next year, then the year after that we'll be there, giving you guys a run for your money. See you in December.

I'm going to try and answer a few questions here. First off all, I've heard a lot of bashing of "Hey you're 0-7, how does that feel?" Well, obviously that's a stupid question because how the hell do you think it feels? We know we're 0-7, it's good to see you guys can read the paper, some of you actually can pass off as a first grader.

The Patriots ran up the score, sure. I mean I can understand why they were still scoring points in the second quarter. But at half time, the score was what? 42-7 or something of the sort. I really can't remember off the top of my head. It might have even been 49-7, I really am not sure. What if the point of going in shotgun formation in the third quarter when you're up by 35 points? Honestly? Is there really a point? I mean, sure it's understandable to be a little paranoid after Cassell throws an interception, but c'mon, BB could've easily just ran the ball instead of letting Brady throw all over us for yet another TD. But hey, whatever... that's fine. Congratulations for throwing all over one of the worst secondaries in the league. I mean, our two safeties are out for the year so it's not like you guys shouldn't do well throwing on us. Because you know, Cameron Worrell really scares opponents.

One thing I didn't understand was dissing the value of the Wes Welker trade and how we drafted Ted Ginn Jr. Okay, first off, Wes Welker is being made by a quarterback named Tom Brady. You guys know that, if Welker was anywhere else, he wouldn't be putting up these stats he is right now. I respect Brady, I do... But he's making his receivers just like Marino did. We got great value for Welker as well, a second round pick which is translating into a promising young center named Samson Satele. I'll take a possible franchise center over Welker any day.

As for Ted Ginn Jr, patience. He's going to be good, he's shown a lot of improvement over the past weeks as a returner. Notice that teams have been kicking away from him? Teams kick away from him and our special teams suck for blocking and tackling (as you guys know from the Willie Andrews return) so it's obvious they're scared of Ginn's speed. You can't expect rookie receivers to do great their first year, I mean how did your boy Welker do his first year? Not too great I'm thinking. Go ahead and throw out thoughtless and irrational arguments. It doesn't really bother me.

I'm okay being a rebuilding team at the moment, it's about time we go into rebuilding instead of patching holes with old veterans. But if you want to feel proud by making fun of me for being a Dolphins fan and because they suck right now (yes, I know it), I hope you feel big. I mean, our starting QB was put on IR as was our starting RB. Our star WR was traded to SD (which was a good deal) and both our starting safeties are spending their season on the IR as well. We're closer than you guys think, and if not next year, then the year after that we'll be there, giving you guys a run for your money. See you in December.

I don't know how Welker did his rookie year..but I know how Moss did!;)
I think Dolphin fans hated the Ginn draft also, it's not just us. It just seemed like a stupid thing to do when Brady Quinn was there, and, let's be honest you've had some quarterback problems.
I don't feel the need to pick on you because you're 0-7, I do feel bad. My former co-worker is a Dolphin fan and it used to be fun talking smack all the time. It's not even fun anymore. She emailed me in the 3rd qtr and said fire away, I didn't.
The thing that everyone I think is *****ing about is the fans *****ing about running up the score but JT and Zach didn't. Maybe all the fans should follow suit.

I don't know how Welker did his rookie year..but I know how Moss did!;)
I think Dolphin fans hated the Ginn draft also, it's not just us. It just seemed like a stupid thing to do when Brady Quinn was there, and, let's be honest you've had some quarterback problems.
I don't feel the need to pick on you because you're 0-7, I do feel bad. My former co-worker is a Dolphin fan and it used to be fun talking smack all the time. It's not even fun anymore. She emailed me in the 3rd qtr and said fire away, I didn't.
The thing that everyone I think is *****ing about is the fans *****ing about running up the score but JT and Zach didn't. Maybe all the fans should follow suit.

With Cam Cameron's history or drafting and developing QBs, I'll take his word over Mel "Hair" Kipper's any day. As far as I'm concerned we have the better QB in Beck and got a bonus speed demon in Ginn as well.

Why the ** in my post? I didn't type anything bad.
Anyway, Aquaman, I seriously cannot reply to you or comment any further if you stiffed a charity dude. I'm a very reasonable person but that is just scum.

Why the ** in my post? I didn't type anything bad.
Anyway, Aquaman, I seriously cannot reply to you or comment any further if you stiffed a charity dude. I'm a very reasonable person but that is just scum.

Haha, oh god. Perhaps the reason you can't reply is because you can't provide any valuable content?

Get real.

EDIT: Well I see you're fairly new so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt (despite the fact your reason for not responding is ridiculous.) I wanted to make one single personable bet with a member here but he wanted to go through charity. As crappy as this may sound, I didn't agree to those terms but rather wanted to do the bet between the 2 of us. Some how that turned into me stiffing a chairty.

With that said, no more talk about betting on 2006 in this thread.

Last edited:
Haha, oh god. Perhaps the reason you can't reply is because you can't provide any valuable content?

Get real.

I can provide lots of valuable content, I can also provide money to charities when I promise it, for I am not a scumbag.

I can provide lots of valuable content, I can also provide money to charities when I promise it, for I am not a scumbag.

I tried giving you the benefit of the doubt in my edit, but you're just as asinine as any one else that is outlandish around here.

But yeah, I can see how you would be able to comment on that topic since you were a member back then. :rolleyes: You've jumped on the Patriots band wagon and now this bet band wagon, typical.

Last edited:
I tried giving you the benefit of the doubt in my edit, but you're just as asinine as any one else that is outlandish around here.

But yeah, I can see how you would be able to comment on that topic since you were a member back then. :rolleyes: You've jumped on the Patriots band wagon and now this bet band wagon, typical.

Actually, I'm not asinine at all. I may be new posting, but I'm not new at reading. I've watched you dog the charity thing for a while and never respond. Since you want to explain it to me, I'll tell you honestly, it sounds worse that you only wanted money in your pocket instead of giving to the less fortunate.
If you looked at my post to your fellow fin fan you will also notice that I didn't insult the Fins or pick on your team for being 0-7. I only questioned what millions of others besides "the hair" questioned. Does that also make me asinine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST