PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphins 3-0 vs. Patriots in last 3 December meetings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Historical data really doesn't mean much other than to discuss. The 2004 Patriots who lost to the 2004 Dolphins is a completely different team. Besides that game was in hand and Brady gave that one away.

Dont worry - the Dolphins will be looking past the Pats to the Jets....

They were all in Miami. I can't remember the last time Miami beat us in Foxboro in December?

Edit: saw the post above...yes the "Matt, throw the damn ball into the stands or you will be cut" game. When was the last time they lost in foxboro in December when they were actually trying to win?

Probably the "bring both teams out of the showers for one more play (a Drew Bledsoe incompletion)" game.

I'm nervous about Miami too. I am assuming, thinking, hoping that BB has the team focused on the fact that they need to have good showings going into the playoffs and that they are the no. one seed if they can just play well against Miami and Buffalo. Things going for us are: this time it's in the cold; Pats really have something to play for but Miami doesn't; this will be their 2nd long trip north in less than 2 weeks.

Go Pats! No let down! Pedal to the metal!!

Thanks....they will be a tough out. And I am going which isn't good news! My road record is 6-1 and my home record is 0-4....:bricks:

You're absolutely not allowed anywhere near Gillette Stadium in January. :p

We definitely need to worry about Miami. They are hot right now. Their offense will put up points against us. Our offense needs to, once again, get out there and get 4+ touchdowns.

This. Matt Moore will throw for 400 yards. Brady and Co will have to score a lot - per usual.

Reggie Bush will be the X Factor in this game

The Pats run D has struggled at times in the past 2 games after being pretty stout earlier in the year.

That's the one thing that this does not include...the home field.
It also doesn't include common sense. We destroyed them last year on Jan 2. Do you think it would have been different had it been two days earlier on Dec 31. ?

:bricks:

One difference, though: all three of those games were in Miami.

Yeah, that should have been pointed out. But the fact is that we've only beaten them twice in a season three times in the "Brady era" (03, 07, 10) and we did lose to them in Foxboro as well as Miami.

They are playing for pride with a chip on their shoulder. They'll be a tough out.

You're absolutely not allowed anywhere near Gillette Stadium in January. :p

No worries...there is a self imposed ban for me in place already. I was there the past two years and have come to terms with the fact that I am am "Mush" when in comes to Patriot playoff football. You will not see me any where near Mass come January 2012. :rocker:

What is it about December that gives the Dolphins the success to do what virtually no other team has been able to do the past 10 years?.....That is they beat the Patriots in December more than once.

The Dolphins shocked the Patriots in December 2004 on MNF,then with a rare shutout of Brady and Co. in 2006 and in 2009 when they came from behind to eek out an improbable win by 1 point.

If history has anything to say,then don't just assume the Dolphins will be a cakewalk on Saturday....maybe it's just an irrelevant thing...but its still interesting.

Did you miss the 2007 game where the Pats WON in December?
So, it would be that Miami is 3-1 in the last 4.. not 3-0 in the last 3..

The Dolphins haven't beaten the Patriots in over two years. #HistoryThatMatters

The Dolphins haven't beaten the Patriots in over two years. #HistoryThatMatters

I usually think 'historical' facts are garbage, but this is more relevant than most due to at least being recent history.

you guys are forgetting the Blabbagutz McToesniffer Axiom...

IF the Jets have beaten the Patriots over a two year span more times than they've lost THEN everybody run bawking to the hills...

If The Patriots have beaten the Jets more over a two year span that includes two most recent victories in one season, THEN we, as Pats fans , cannot say anything or use any of the previous bawk logic from the first example...and we have to sit mute and be victimized by a new tactic,that being the "Dolphins in December win streak!" corollary, after which everyone has to run bawking to the hills.

images

you guys are forgetting the Blabbagutz McToesniffer Axiom...

IF the Jets have beaten the Patriots over a two year span more times than they've lost THEN everybody run bawking to the hills...

If The Patriots have beaten the Jets more over a two year span that includes two most recent victories in one season, THEN we, as Pats fans , cannot say anything or use any of the previous bawk logic from the first example...and we have to sit mute and be victimized by a new tactic,that being the "Dolphins in December win streak!" corollary, after which everyone has to run bawking to the hills.

images

I don't know if this would be considered acting as a chicken little or not, but you have to respect the fact that MIA's defense has presented some teams very tough games, no?

They just went through a whole month of not allowing a single TD, and showed good pass rushing skills, along with the emergence of better play from their 2 CB's, Davis and Smith.

Their DL looks decent with Solai, Odrick, Starks, etc.

Their LB look decent with Wake, Dansby, and Burnett.

I don't know, but playing a top 5 defense (in pts allowed) doesn't seem to be as easy to me as some are making it out to be.

As far as the offense goes, they probably can score into the early 20's with the usual suspects of Devon Bess, Brian Hartline, Brandon Marshall, and Anthony Fasano. The running game has even been a lot more of a surprise than many thought, as they're coming off a 254 yd performance (granted to BUF) with Bush, Thomas, and Clay in the mix.

I see a Pats win, and again--it should probably be a 10+ pt victory lile last week, but I'm not sure if records are the best assessment when trying to get a feel for an opponent.

FWIW--I don't buy as much into the "Miami plays us tough in December theory," as I think that could be said for a lot of divisional opponents. Maybe the trend isn't there with the Bills, but I always expect challenges from the Jets and Dolphins (to a lesser extent).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes