PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

does wilson return this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I think that Samuel would make a better Free Safety than Wilson? That's easy. Samuel likes to lay the wood and many have mentioned he is better in the slot than out on the edge. Yes, he's had some good games, but over-all, I don't see him as anything more than a #2/#3 CB. He's definitely not in the Ty Law or Patrick Surtain category of Cornerback.

Wilson has been somewhat fragile back at free safety and, as I said, seems to have become somewhat gunshy. We need a free safety who isn't afraid to hit people. And Samuel isn't.

Maybe if Wilson comes back and shows that he isn't gunshy anymore, I will change my opinion, but not until then.
Since when was Geno afraid to "lay the wood". The last two games he played in were limited time against Buffalo and Denver before he got injured in both. The play I can remember against Denver was when he layed a great hit on one of the Broncos recievers and it should have been a fumble not incomplete. I cant remember if Wilson has been playing soft this year that was many weeks ago but over the years Wilson has been one of the hardest hitting players on the defense.

Mad props to Hawk for once again filling in admirably - he's made Wilson's absence and the absence of other DBs go less noticed.

Looks like Wilson is still listed as questionable, though.

Since when was Geno afraid to "lay the wood". The last two games he played in were limited time against Buffalo and Denver before he got injured in both. The play I can remember against Denver was when he layed a great hit on one of the Broncos recievers and it should have been a fumble not incomplete. I cant remember if Wilson has been playing soft this year that was many weeks ago but over the years Wilson has been one of the hardest hitting players on the defense.

I would agree with you if we were talking 2003 or 2004. However, there have been MANY posts the last 2 years about how Wilson has NOT been the same and hasn't been hitting the way he has in the past.

During the Denver game, I don't remember Wilson hitting anyone. I remember Samuel laying the wood, but not Wilson. Wilson was the one not making the tackles very well.

You are right about football dementia. I have probably forgotten more about football than you will ever know in a lifetime.

But, not to worry, you can always pick up a copy of my new book, "Football for Those that think they know it all" I'll even autograph your copy for you.

So, does this mean that I cant count on your vote for Pats Fan Of The Year? :D No dessert for you then.

NEM -
Sorry, but you haven't proven you know even a third of what Box has shown. Claims like that only support the general consensus on here that you are delusional and really don't know much at all.

BTW, if you wrote that book, I suggest you take the money and run because its plainly obvious that you bilked whatever publishing company you got to give you an advance.

So, does this mean that I cant count on your vote for Pats Fan Of The Year? :D No dessert for you then.
Do you remember any of the other posts when you asked me this question? Maybe just one, as a test of your ability to focus on anything that wasn't your prescripted whines about your vast ignorance?

I don't worry about desserts, you see, I don't have nice ladies taking my dessert away when I crap on the table during meals, but give them my best when you're coherent.

I have no doubt you have forgotten more about football than I will ever know, it's too bad what you retained has more to do with your sandlot days and nothing to do with the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back