Welcome to PatsFans.com

Does Troy Brown Play This Week?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by aluminum seats, Dec 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aluminum seats

aluminum seats In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

I say yes--he's activated, plays, and gets a catch. The game against Miami is as close to a guaranteed win as is possible in the NFL, much more than the Jets game. The Dolphins are lousy, they actually got their win yesterday, I'm sure Brady & Co. would like to put some points on the board again, etc. So it's a "safe" game to activate him if there ever was one.

Also, since I think keeping him on the team this year is as close to a sentimental move that you'll ever see BB make, I think he'll want to complete it by giving Brown a chance to make a play and have the crowd go wild for him. Which he certainly deserves.

2. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +179 / 2 / -3

I say yes... while BB will show everyone how serious he is about a perfect season and won't run this like the pre-season game it technically would be were they 13-1 with home field advantage wrapped up throughout the playoffs (they have NOTHING to play for, except for the perfect season)

I think he can put Troy in without risking a loss and it's worthwhile to give Troy some real gametime in case he is needed in the playoffs.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2007
  3. AllabouttheVinces

AllabouttheVinces Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree. It makes great sense to get him ready for playoff action. It would be truly fitting if Bingo also was the guy to break the all-time record and become the 22nd Patriot to score a touchdown in '07. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.