Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
i know they were up huge...but is it a concern come indy if miami puts up 28?l

Re: Does the pats D look shaky to you?

They pulled the game off T.V for me, but I'm going to guess that the Pats are playing a very vanilla defense at this point in the game.

Three TDs in garbage time, one by their defense. Relax!

i know they were up huge...but is it a concern come indy if miami puts up 28?l

No intensity in the second half. They're letting down because of the lead, not a good thing.

Three TDs in garbage time, one by their defense. Relax!

Was just about to type this. Are we really concerned about these TD's?

No, stop posting this stupid crap. Seriously. When the game was close, they shut the Dolphins down by and large. Not to mention, one of the TDs was defensive. Seriously, they aren't playing the same defense that they will in a closer game.

I would say they have underperformed somewhat this season but you also have to consider the fact that when your offense scores 42 points in the first half with a lower time of possession than the other team you're in a situation where the other offense will keep going for it on 4th down (like the Dolphins have) and are facing a no-lose situation.

Considering the talent level it's a bit odd they don't seem to be keeping teams to the same low point average as last year, but yeah, the Pats have never had an offense like this before.

Everyone went to sleep. That's all

It is very tough to judge the defense because the Pats have been up by a large margin so often. IMO I think they are allowing alot of underneath completions.

Yes youa re correct Indy will be the true judge of how good the defense is.

The Defense looks a little slow IMO. I think their aging core of LB's is leaving a hole in the middle of the field. Of course, being up by 20 in the first half might have an affect in most of these games, but speed on D is a concern for me.

Shaky? No.
Room for some humble pie? Yes.

Like DeOssie is saying now, this was a scrimmage and that is how BB played it. The team took his lead, knowing it will provide him with some ingredients for a healthy dose of humble pie approaching the 'Skins.

My only hint of a concern is that don't seem to be very good at stopping the run. This was even true in the first half before they built up the big lead. One would certainly think that the game plan would have been to stop the star running back, Ronnie Brown, and make the inexperienced quarterback beat you, but still Miami was getting big chunks of yards on the ground.

Having said that, I didn't see a lot of the defensive intensity we are used to seeing, and I think that if and when they need to, the defense will rise to the occasion.

You can tell in the post-game interview BB is not happy with the Ds performance

It is very tough to judge the defense because the Pats have been up by a large margin so often. IMO I think they are allowing alot of underneath completions.

Yes youa re correct Indy will be the true judge of how good the defense is.

If only those who are whining nonstop would take this post to heart.

The Dolphins were playing in an attempt to salavge what pride was left, and make the game look closer then it actually was. Patriots Defense was playing very relaxed and half asleep. They didn't give up any bombs to the Phins. Granted it wasn't the besat prevent D I've ever seen, but when you're up by that much and so early in a game, who WOULDN'T feel like taking a nap out there? Seriously. It's not a big deal.

Lack of Intensity=Normal
With game on line=Intensity
This year=No games on line

The only object is to win the game.

You can't make up 30-50 points by running the ball and completing short passes, so the D allows anything but the big play.

It's football 101.

If the Pats have problems on defense, you can't tell in a game they're up 42-7

Everyone relax the defense is fine.....There's nothing to complain about have you watched the garbage football being playd around the league...chill and enjoy it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes