PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does Moss know something we don't?

Status
Not open for further replies.
he looks too young to be a HC. He needs to spend a few years with BB.

There's good news here!

I think you're all missing the most important part of this, and it's good news! Moss is talking as if HE (Moss) will be here in the coming years. Why else would he care whether McDaniels stays or goes? We already knew McDaniels will go some day. Now we know Moss might well be staying on!

I've been watching all of our previous super bowl wins as well as all of our 2007 games again, on NFL network and I hate to admit it, but I think Josh is a better OC than Charlie was. Let the controversy begin...

I agree. I think people have a sentimental view of Charlie and a negative view of Josh. People forget how infuriating Weis could be with his play calling could be at times and how many 3 and outs we had in the 2003 season. People only remember the 2004 season. With Josh, for some reason people will blame him when he has mediocre talent when the offense sputters, but won't give him credit for doing great jobs when he has great talent.

I think McDaniels' greatest strength is his adjustments. He does some masterful halftime adjustments like he did two weeks ago with the Chargers. He totally scrapped the gameplan at halftime and devised a new one that ate apart the Chargers defense.

Re: There's good news here!

I think you're all missing the most important part of this, and it's good news! Moss is talking as if HE (Moss) will be here in the coming years. Why else would he care whether McDaniels stays or goes? We already knew McDaniels will go some day. Now we know Moss might well be staying on!

Right you are, Zulu.
He not only IMPLIES that here
... but he has said he hopes to retire a Pat.

And Brady has said he wants Moss here
for the next ten years that HE (TB) expects to play here!

...in terms of Josh McDaniels? Here is what he said (from Reiss):

"2) On his first impressions of Josh McDaniels. "When I first got to Massachusetts, I flew in to take my physical and Josh picked me up at the airport. He told me he was the offensive coordinator and that he calls the plays, and he told me his age. I was kind of overwhelmed because we are in the same age bracket, and I didn't really know what to think, to be honest with you. ... After being here during minicamp and training camp and seeing how the offense was made and designed, I thought he was probably -- if not the best -- one of the best offensive coordinators in the league when it comes to scheming, calling plays and making adjustments. ... The good thing about is he's young and his upside is very high. The bad side of it is that I don't know how long he'll be a Patriots coach."

Hopefully this is just nothing more than some speculation!!!

Hahaha you actually think someone is not going to throw huge money at the young gun who called the plays for this historic team?

I love Josh , but he would be a fool not to take the money and follow his dream,

I've been watching all of our previous super bowl wins as well as all of our 2007 games again, on NFL network and I hate to admit it, but I think Josh is a better OC than Charlie was. Let the controversy begin...

I was saying something very similar to my husband the other night. I really like Josh as OC. His playcalling is superior to Charlies Weiss's.

People forget how infuriating Weis could be with his play calling could be at times and how many 3 and outs we had in the 2003 season. People only remember the 2004 season.

Pats had no running game in 2003.

he's already turned down chances to interview this year. moss is only stating the obvious: sooner or later, he'll be HC of the ??'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft