PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does Mayo have a broken arm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Morse

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Mike Reiss is reporting that he saw Jerod Mayo in the locker room sporting an arm length black cast. Does Mayo have a broken arm? Can he play with it?

Mike Reiss is reporting that he saw Jerod Mayo in the locker room sporting an arm length black cast. Does Mayo have a broken arm? Can he play with it?

You're asking questions that don't belong with an answer, friend.

You're asking questions that don't belong with an answer, friend.

Zat you, Yoda?

Anywho, what's up with this topic? Not seeing any such report by Reiss.

**Edit: Oh. Found it.

Last edited:
It was a FOREarm length cast and no mention if it was a hard or soft cast (or wrap...). It was at the tail end of his notes column that was based on observations yesterday when he apparently was present for practice...Players wear them for a number of reasons including to support an area that has been injured to a far lesser extent than a break...

^^^^What MoLewisRocks said. No need to panic.

Two key questions.

Can he play with it? I assume yes because he is practicing and talking to media.

Does it cover jsut his fore arm or does it cover some of the wrist/hand? because if it does it will be more of a hinderance as far as catching and grabing.

such post titles are way off base as ESPN is some times...

such post titles are way off base as ESPN is some times...

I dont know that it is way off base. He read Mayo had a cast and asked if it is broken. Whats off base?

For all we know it is a strain or a bruise. If he is practicing and his ability to grip isn't hindered, then who cares? It shouldn't affect his playing.

Ok, who wants to make the obligatory post......?

Please understand the rules of this board:

1) Until an official IR announcement is made, you may never ask, or even remotely suggest, that any evidence of an injury is any indication that injury is severe or even moderate. Just assume, "it might just be warts" and you will understand the majority response and save bandwidth.

2) Matt Cassel is the return of 2001 Tom Brady until proven otherwise. Querry, what will constitute proof? Ehh, maybe like 5-11.

There are more, but these will suffice for now.

Bruschi played with a cast a few years ago, so I'm not too worried about it

I think he was going for Mayo is made of glass, but I could be wrong.

Or when are we going to put O'Connell in for Mayo?

Can anyone give the link for this? I can't find it anywhere on Reiss' blog or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes