PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does anyone else have the feeling...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxboroFlyer

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
That a trade will be announced today, involving the Pats? I just have this weird feeling that something is about to go down, but I can't put my finger on it. Thoughts?

That a trade will be announced today, involving the Pats? I just have this weird feeling that something is about to go down, but I can't put my finger on it. Thoughts?

I have the opposite feeling. I don't think anything major is going to change with the Pats roster.

I have a feeling someone needs to learn how to start a thread with a descriptive name and more content than a hunch.

Just sayin'. :eat3:

I have a feeling someone needs to learn how to start a thread with a descriptive name and more content than a hunch.

Just sayin'. :eat3:

Yeah, you're probably right, but it's kind of fun to hear what everyone is thinking out there.

They made a few deals last year on cutdown day. I'm sure they've done it most years Belichick has been here but nothing else is coming to mind right now. I wouldn't be surprised if something happened today or tomorrow.

I have the opposite feeling. I don't think anything major is going to change with the Pats roster.

I think you're probably right but I'd love to see us go out and get someone who can generate a decent pass rush. Realistically though if BB were gonna go out and trade for a pass rusher I think he'd have done it sooner than one week before the start of the season

mail.google.com.jpeg

I can think of two times in recent years the Pats have made big moves this time of year: Milloy gone in '03; Seymour gone in '09. I guess the Ted W deal was late-August. AM I missing any?

The only players whose situation remotely matches Milloy and Sey is Mankins and we all know he's not under contract - -which doesn't mean they can't work a sign-and-trade deal, but that's unlikely.

I'd be happy with them making their cut downs today then announcing the signings of both Brady and Mankins during the week.

You mean like a tingling feeling :p NO

Last edited:

That weird feeling is wishful thinking. A impact DE or OLB would be nice. Maybe add to O-line depth. Sigh.....my gut tell me nothing of significance will happen.

There will be some kind of trade, I'm sure. Probably end-of-the-roster type guys for late round picks, with the Patriots on either end.

The only gut feeling I have right now is coming from the enchirito that I just ate for lunch. I have a gut feeling that I'll be visiting the toilet pretty soon.

Mankins for Usi Umenyiora
Maroney and a 5th for Barber
Haynesworth for a 4th

You can take these to the bank, remember you heard it here first...

I can think of two times in recent years the Pats have made big moves this time of year: Milloy gone in '03; Seymour gone in '09. I guess the Ted W deal was late-August. AM I missing any?

Seau in '06 was a significant move.
Caldwell's release in '07 was a surprise, plus Samuel's return, Rodney's suspension, Seymour's injury.

As was mentioned previously, I have a feeling that a minor move might be made, but I highly doubt there'll be any impact players brought in at this point. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats made a trade, but I ain't holding my breath in hopes for one.

The only gut feeling I have right now is coming from the enchirito that I just ate for lunch. I have a gut feeling that I'll be visiting the toilet pretty soon.

yeah....uh....a little too much information there, Kontra...:ugh:

Haynesworth for a 4th

I forgot already....WHERE'D I hear this????

Haynesworth for a 4th

So I took this to the bank and you know what they said?

not%20approved%20dreamstime_4370751.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back