PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does anyone actually like our new logo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be in the minority but I love the flying elvis logo and scheme.. One of the best in sports IMO... Iconic, like Celtics, Yankees etc.

Edit: I may sound like a huge homer (or not) but I think Boston has an argument to the best uniforms in all 4 major sports.

Last edited:
I like the "fangs" on the new logo. :)

I think the real reason old timers like myself like Pat Patriot because he was kind of unique for a football mascot. And he was a lineman, not a QB or WR. He represented the gritty hard working, grind it out, no BS character, that so accurately represented the NE area.

We have 100% agreement here!!

The Flying Elvis, when it came out was just too slick and artsy for many of us. Now over the years, it has grown on me. Maybe all the winning has imprinted it on us in a positive manner. The reality is that there is no going back, but it is good to see that the team hasn't buried Pat Patriot and pretended it didn't exist.

We STILL have 100% agreement here!!!

My apologies to the OP, but I'm with those who like the new logo better. It's cleaner, and more balanced IMHO. But that's all it is....my opinion.

3723652599ba104038bbd7b5868e5d4379ae9c15faaad44ce9595303985a8350.jpg

;)

I might be in the minority but I love the flying elvis logo and scheme.. One of the best in sports IMO... Iconic, like Celtics, Yankees etc.
200px-Bill_Russell_dribbling_Boston_Celtics.jpg
200px-Boston_Celtics.svg.png

th
90px-NewYorkYankees_PrimaryLogo.svg.png

th
th
th

Time to spin Meat Loaf on the ol' turntable...

I think the real reason old timers like myself like Pat Patriot because he was kind of unique for a football mascot. And he was a lineman, not a QB or WR. He represented the gritty hard working, grind it out, no BS character, that so accurately represented the NE area.

The Flying Elvis, when it came out was just too slick and artsy for many of us. Now over the years, it has grown on me. Maybe all the winning has imprinted it on us in a positive manner. The reality is that there is no going back, but it is good to see that the team hasn't buried Pat Patriot and pretended it didn't exist.

My apologies to the OP, but I'm with those who like the new logo better. It's cleaner, and more balanced IMHO. But that's all it is....my opinion.
Kraft needs to paint the helmets already and give the people want they want a game or two a season. Seeing how they're too cheap to paint the field for preseason I'm not holding my breathe lol.

We've won 4 SBs with the flying elvis, and therefore I like it. If we hadn't, I'm not sure if I would, but that's kinda a moot point now.

Love the old, love the new. Paint the helmets white and give me some Pat Patriot twice a year and I'm happy.

As for the scripted logo..... the new one blows away the old one with Elvis humping the P

Last edited:

Edit: I may sound like a huge homer (or not) but I think Boston has an argument to the best uniforms in all 4 major sports.
Celtics: just ignore the alternates

Red Sox: best was in '86, by far

Bruins: Bobby Orr suffered the worst loss of his career on May 19, 1974 and returned that fall to find the top half of the Bruins' jerseys inexplicably chopped off.

The Bruins thus went from having the best uniforms in sports to looking like Abington vs. Assabet Valley in "Mini One-On-One, Senior Division" between periods. They've looked stupid ever since, and are the dumbest looking now of the Original 6.

I want white helmets with our current logo/look. Or I want chrome helmets.

The cursive fonts look old-fashioned and outdated in my opinion. They remind me of football/baseball cards of the 70's and 80's. Its not necessarily bad to have a that look and feel as retro can be cool in the right context, but the modern typography is more fitting as I think they want to promote and project a more modern image. They are, after all, the most successful modern NFL franchise.

Last edited:
DISCLAIMER: The following is not intended to denigrate those who like, or have grown to like, or do not otherwise become nauseous at the sight of, F.E.:

th
th

"I'm the best decision your organization has ever made..."

th
th

"I'm the, uh...Oh, the heck with it..."

I can understand being attached to the old logo, but IMO they were right that the puffy cursive was graphically dated and lacking punch. It's a minor league baseball kind of font:

5855.gif
I agree -- "graphically-dated" is a great way of describing it. I like the new logo because the font looks modern.

I agree -- "graphically-dated" is a great way of describing it. I like the new logo because the font looks modern.
Most of the time, I think I would prefer the old-fashioned font...the modern style is typically more boring and even lifeless, whereas the classic is just what it was intended to be back when it was made: stylish, appealing, special, classic in all the good ways...

New_England_Patriots2.jpg

pats-endzone.jpg

So nice...
I can't argue. Block lettering is dull and unattractive...I'm totally OK with having this, and if the stupid grounds crew still wants to complain, how about we threaten to return Pat Patriot? (I just want him back on our helmets...)

It's like they won't be satisfied until it looks like this: PATRIOTS

Thrilling. I think old Foxboro Stadium once had end zones like that. Wake me up at halftime.

I ordered a Patriots grill cover from Wal-Mart that I was very excited about. The picture showed that it was the old logo, the cursive font with the Flying Elvis over the P - my favorite. When it came in the mail and I opened it up I was pissed to see that it was this new ****ty logo we use now, NOT what I ordered. I was so pissed I returned it because it's so awful looking. I don't buy any Pats merchandise with this awful looking logo on it, and it's a shame now that they updated our jerseys this year to have that crappy looking thing on them.

I had a customer at work the other day who was wearing one of those really nice Nike Therma-fit sweatshirts with the old logo on the front. I asked him about it and where he bought it, head online when I get home to order one because it was really very nice looking. Sure enough they have all been updated and replaced with the new logo. I can't be alone in thinking that this new font is horrendous right?

I know lots want Pat Patriot back but I grew up with the nice cursive font and I like it a lot. Most of my Pats stuff I own has that logo on it, there's just something about the way it looks... I really wish they would have never changed it. It's very hard to find a lot of the products I want (jackets, hoodies) because they are all ruined with the new logo. Even our end zones look awful now.

Am I alone in wishing the cursive font logo would return? Or am I alone in even caring this much?

patriots.jpg
They both suck horribly compared to Pat Patriot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call