PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does anyone actually like our new logo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the really old logo before elvis. No, not the guy taking a dump - the tri-cornered hat. :)

The new one. It's straight forward and all business. Just like the Team.

Why the disagree? Wasn't the OP asking a question or an opinion?

Or maybe you just don't think the Pats mean business. And if that's the case, well, I really think you would disagree with where you can go with that.

QuantumMechanic, nevermind. I see the past posts and you gave everyone a disagree that liked the new logo. Ease up a bit buddy

The new font reminds me of a band logo I did back in high school. It's got the 80's thrash metal look going on. Maybe because we're going the thrash the other 31 and score in the 80's every time? Heh heh.

I know lots want Pat Patriot back

i am one of them

at very least Pat Patriot should be back for a couple of games every season (but seems to be an ' helmet problem ')

but my opinion would be a permanent return

and yes...throwbacks too :)

Why the disagree? Wasn't the OP asking a question or an opinion?

Or maybe you just don't think the Pats mean business. And if that's the case, well, I really think you would disagree with where you can go with that.

QuantumMechanic, nevermind. I see the past posts and you gave everyone a disagree that liked the new logo. Ease up a bit buddy
I don't see it as an insult tbh, but maybe I just haven't been around here enough. I see a disagree as just that, "I disagree with your opinion." That's alright. Doesn't make me hate you...ok, it does make me hate you because if you disagree with me you're wrong, but still not a big deal

Pat patriot is a cartoon that has no business being a logo.
Right, just like
100px-Pittsburgh_Steelers_logo.svg.png
100px-49ers_Logo.svg.png
100px-Dallas_Cowboys.svg.png
100px-Green_Bay_Packers_logo.svg.png
100px-New_York_Jets_logo.svg.png
100px-Kansas_City_Chiefs_logo.svg.png

I have nothing against the new one, it's solid. But the old one was better. If it ain't broke..
If it ain't broke and you don't change if you can't get all the $ of people who want the new ones.
Why do you think they do throwbacks?

I think Pat Patriot looks best on ball caps so those are the last few I've ordered. On shirts or jackets I'm fine with the new one.

I first started following the team (not trying to put on fanboy airs, just trying to add weight to my point) in 1981. As the team slowly started to improve and experience some success in the mid to late 80s, my elementary and middle school wardrobe was full of Boston sports teams. I had a Pats hoodie, sweatshirt, hat, all kinds of t-shirts, etc. When my dad used to take me to games back in the 80's, I was dressed to the 9s in Pats garb.

As the 80s closed out and the 1990s started, the team - on all levels was an unmitigated disaster. I welcomed the Flying Elvis. With that came of course Parcells, Drew, Kraft, etc. It was a new beginning. "Thank God", I said. To me, when I look at FE, I think, "dominance", "dynasty", "unrelenting", and most importantly, "winning".

A little off-topic here from the OP (cursive or block, I don't care) but with all the success the team has experienced these last 14 years the identity of this era is with the Flying Elvis. Part of me doesn't want to screw with success and what that logo does to the psyche of other fans and teams but the other part of me wishes that BBs gray hoodie has a "Pat" on it instead of an Elvis
I was at one of the games when they were contemplating the logo change. At halftime they brought out the two logos, Pat Patriot to lots of cheers and the Flying Elvis to overwhelming boos. That delayed the new logo for a year or two and when it was finally introduced they skipped the fan polling.

Cursive curly cues are for knitting shops and lingerie boutiques.
Where the hell have you been, Shmessy? Seems you've been gone for most the off-season.

I think the real reason old timers like myself like Pat Patriot because he was kind of unique for a football mascot. And he was a lineman, not a QB or WR. He represented the gritty hard working, grind it out, no BS character, that so accurately represented the NE area.

The Flying Elvis, when it came out was just too slick and artsy for many of us. Now over the years, it has grown on me. Maybe all the winning has imprinted it on us in a positive manner. The reality is that there is no going back, but it is good to see that the team hasn't buried Pat Patriot and pretended it didn't exist.

My apologies to the OP, but I'm with those who like the new logo better. It's cleaner, and more balanced IMHO. But that's all it is....my opinion.

The older one is nothing to write home about so the newer one doesn't change anything for me. They both suck if you ask me.

Looking at threads is a lot like buying milk.

Did you check the date on that?
My goodness, they changed it back already? I swear I didn't even notice. They've looked just the same to me so far this whole preseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes