PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you want to see Tom Brady play against the Eagles in week 3 preseason game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to see Brady play for a few series in one of the last 2 preseason games. Which of the two doesn't matter to me.

Yes, same here. It will make me feel better about the Pats and world in general.

I want to see Matt Light and Stephen Neal play in a preseason game with Kaczur, Koppen and Mankins before I see Tom Brady play in one, thanks. If he has to play in a regular season game absent that, so be it - but preseason isn't worth the risking The Franchise.

It's sad to see how many here need proving to in the preseason to soothe their fragile psyche's. Who cares what others think. And please stop projecting your insecurity onto the team. They don't share it. They know what the preseason is really all about - evaluating youngsters and new additions to the system and testing personnel groupings in live action and game speed and getting backups and third stringers reps they hopefully won't see in season and veterans knocking any rust off.

Some of you need to spend less time here and more time watching other teams perform in the preseason. I watched the first half of the SD Superchargers vs. the once greatest show on turf replay last night. Perspective people.

I want to see Matt Light and Stephen Neal play in a preseason game with Kaczur, Koppen and Mankins before I see Tom Brady play in one, thanks. If he has to play in a regular season game absent that, so be it - but preseason isn't worth the risking The Franchise.

It's sad to see how many here need proving to in the preseason to soothe their fragile psyche's. Who cares what others think. And please stop projecting your insecurity onto the team. They don't share it. They know what the preseason is really all about - evaluating youngsters and new additions to the system and testing personnel groupings in live action and game speed and getting backups and third stringers reps they hopefully won't see in season and veterans knocking any rust off.

Some of you need to spend less time here and more time watching other teams perform in the preseason. I watched the first half of the SD Superchargers vs. the once greatest show on turf replay last night. Perspective people.

Brady has been taking a lot of time off this offseason compared to his normal routine. Also, he usually plays during the preseason. I'd prefer that he get some snaps in to shake off the rust as is his traditional habit.

no i don't want to see him play in the meaningless games. i've seen him enough.

the backups need all the experience that they can get. I actually enjoy watching them play. I had fun last game and t hey got killed.

I don't care about him knocking off the rust. I just want to see him play so that I know he CAN play. I don't like this foot thing.

Yes, I am an injury-sissy.

LET BRADY REST!! I want him HEALTHY and READY for the start of the season. We need to settle the depth chart behind him. The backups need all the reps that they can get. Cassel had his shot last week, I want to see what Gutierrez can bring to the table for three quarters. I want to see the Defense and Special Teams improve though.

Last edited:
according to espn, Brady wont be that good this season if he doesnt play, turns out he hasnt played enough in the NFL to know what he's doing without preseason.

If he didn't play in the preseason, I doubt that's a big deal. But I'd like to see him at least play a few possessions. However, if he is 99%, then no. If he is 110%, then let him play.

according to espn, Brady wont be that good this season if he doesnt play, turns out he hasnt played enough in the NFL to know what he's doing without preseason.

LOL @ ESPN. I guess all those practices that Brady attended during camp are worthless too. :rofl:

Change the channel my friend. ESPN is worthless. Nothing good can come from the so called Sports news that they report. THEY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE PATRIOTS.

LOL @ ESPN. I guess all those practices that Brady attended during camp are worthless too. :rofl:

Change the channel my friend. ESPN is worthless. Nothing good can come from the so called Sports news that they report. THEY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE PATRIOTS.

Oh I hate espn, but there are only so many times I can watch a replay of the same preseason game.

bottomline they will find any news or create news which shows the vulnerability of the pats because pats being good every yr doesnt make for a story. even news headlines when tebucky jones was arrested started with "former pats safety..."
Manning hasnt played in the preseason and rarely does so much every yr in the preseason not to mention the consistent "rest" dungy gives them at the end of the yr after they have nothing to play but still no one questions if he will be good or not.
Fact is pats have won so much that them losing and not being in the playoff mix is the bigger story which if it doesnt exist is created by outlets like ESPN

I don't care about him knocking off the rust. I just want to see him play so that I know he CAN play. I don't like this foot thing.

Yes, I am an injury-sissy.

I know he can play. He's a friggin' HOF lock. I don't like the foot thing, nor do I like the OL thing. I'm an injury sissy too, which is why I'd just as soon he not set foot on an NFL field until his OL shows up. :D

Anything about Manning being the suck because he will miss the preseason :rolleyes:

I want Brady in the game when Belichick wants to put Brady in the game.

I do NOT want to see Brady on the field during meaningless preseason games. I would rather they take the time to let him rest his foot so it can be healed enough that it won't cause him a chronic problem throughout the regular season.

BTW, where is the coverage about Manning not going to be ready for the season because he can't really workout, practice, and play this preseason?

normally, i'd say "of course," because for BB the third preseason game is usually the only one that means anything, where he let's the starters play at least the whole first half and sees what he's got (first game: just don't get hurt; second game: give roster competitors a chance to compete; fourth game: rest the starters before the season begins), but I'd rather that he be healthy, so, in BB and TB I trust...

Well...I am going to that game and it would be great to see Brady but I guess I'll be safe and say "No" at this point. Let the man rest. The game sure would be a lot more fun if he were in there though and this will be my only trip down there this season. There are so many other exciting players to watch though so it will still be cool.

If the injury is a nagging one or worse, Brady should practice when ready but not play in any pre-season games. It just doesn't make sense. If it is minor, I still don't see the reason to put him in a preseason game when the start of the regular season is only a few weeks away.

Totally with you on this, except I have the sneaking suspicion that Neal goes to reserve PUP. Hochstein will start week one, as will Light. That is the earliest I need to see Brady.

The question is directed at us fans..and as fans, we really do not have all the facts...as it should be. In theory, I would like to see Brady in there for a few series..to get the rust off and to get some confidence generated in the offense. That being said, I think obviously the coach will make the correct decision on this. I do not wish to in anyway risk further injury to Brady in a meaningless game. So if he plays, fine, the injury is not that bad; if he doesn't, that is fine as well. In BB we trust.

Last edited:
I want to see TB in Giant game at the end of the month. I hope he is healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back