PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you WANT Mac Jones to start the next game? Not "will he start", but "SHOULD he start".

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you thinik Mac Jones should start after the bye?

• Hell no. We have seen enough and others may be better.

Votes: 36 40.9%
  • Yes, he's our best chance to win

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • No. We need to tank.

Votes: 14 15.9%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Ray Lewis has killed many guys

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • Yes. We need to tank!

Votes: 8 9.1%

• Total voters
No. It is blatantly obvious watching the film that he simply has no idea of how the passing game works, what is trying to be accomplished and how to make decisions. It’s like asking should we start a corner who runs a 5.3 40
Didn’t they already try that with slo juan williams?

I think the idea that there was all this pressure on Zappe entering the game cold last Sunday is overblown. Say he did manage to drive the Patriots to a win that would make them…3-7 and still not even close to contention. They are a dead team walking for the 2023 season. Not sure I would call that pressure.

The case for Crack smoking.

Try it, you'll like it.

Yeah that video was made like 9 months ago, before even the draft... Wonder if this dude still feels the same way about Corky now...

Had to go with RLKAG which I guess is the forum equivalent for not liking the other choices.

The best thing that could've happened to Mac is if he got a minor injury in practice after the Bills game and missed the rest of the season. That way he can move on to a new team next year with some sense of confidence in his game. The end of the Colts game showed that mentally, he does not need to be starting any more. How many more times do we have to see him alone on the bench in a dejected posture, to realize that the kid has no confidence in his game. I feel bad for him, because his rookie season showed so much promise.

Zappe's pass to end the game was piss-poor (I still think he thought it was a free play), but his mindset has to be in a better place than Macs.

I think Jones is broken and 99% of it is BB's fault for the horrible roster construction. I do not think Mac is as bad as he has looked this year. His ceiling is probably what we saw in his rookie year....but I do not believe he is fixable as long as BB is here. Will he ever be an elite QB obviously no, but he could be decent (top 15).
Now if BB leaves and McDaniels is brought in, I think you could keep him through 2024 but not extend him and either bring in a veteran QB to compete or expend a high draft pick on a QB.

If the culture changes and you get a new GM and a new coach and you support Mac with McDaniels, I think it might be worth keeping him until the end of his rookie contract. That does not mean he starts.

As far as I am concerned in addition to Bill's complete failure as GM the last 5 years, he also has completely failed as a coach!!! As head coach he is ultimately responsible for Mac's development.

So:

1) Bill MUST go
2) They should bring MAC back for one more year (not necessarily as a starter)

The notion that someone ruined Mac’s confidence is laughable.

If he’s that fragile, he has no chance at being a competent starter in this league and never did.

If he’s that fragile, he has no chance at being a competent starter in this league and never did.
I agree with your second statement. I think he is that fragile. His play and body language show it. He could be a competent backup for someone (maybe)

It’s possible someone did but I don’t think that makes it any “better” than if that happened all by itself…

Zappe's pass to end the game was piss-poor (I still think he thought it was a free play), but his mindset has to be in a better place than Macs.
Any QB needs to be judged by the same standard as Mac who was benched for unforced turnovers. You can't randomly toss the ball into triple coverage unless it is a hail Mary on the last play in the game.

I see it this way. 10 has proven to me there is a 0% chance he can be the answer.
While Zappe and Grier hold little hope they haven’t proven its 0% yet.
Then why has Bill started Mac over them? I thought Bill has six rings and you have none, so you shouldn’t question his decisions right?

It’s possible someone did but I don’t think that makes it any “better” than if that happened all by itself…
Cracking Up Lol GIF

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
Should be an interesting week coming up.

Then why has Bill started Mac over them? I thought Bill has six rings and you have none, so you shouldn’t question his decisions right?
He just judges by standards as they fit him
In a different Thread he said Daboll is not a good coach
He has a 2-8 record this year but got the giants to the playoffs last year and actually won a playoff game with fecking Daniel jones at qb who is a fumble waiting to happen
Then I said BB is not a good coach by this logic too because he has the same record and no playoff wins since Brady left.
He did not want to judge bb with the same standards and measurements

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back