PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do You Want Any Of These On The 53?

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
We have 7 OL's including likely backups Herron and Desjarlais.

PICK TWO
Ferentz
Durant
Sherman
Cajuste
Hambright
Hines
Steuber

Obviously, even Desjarlais isn't a lock.

Last edited:
The lack of a tackle picked has me hopeful they think Cajuste is showing enough in practice. I do root for the late round picks but don’t favor either of sherman or hines over the other.

Just picked Andrew Stueber, T
Day 1 starter.

Ferentz

We have 7 OL's including likely backups Herron and Desjarlais.

PICK TWO
Ferentz
Durant
Sherman
Cajuste
Hambright
Hines
Steuber

Obviously, even Desjarlais isn't a lock.

Yeah, a good exercise.
Probably the later round OL are PS bound? But we can hope one of them makes a case for pushing someone else aside.
I'm done with Ferentz; that job needs to be for someone that we are excited about as a potential starter.
None of us really know the potential of Sherman.

I bet Steuber will oust Durant out of circulation at least. OL has some serious competition, although not a ton of top talent beyond the starters. Question is - who is the LT of the future? Or if (when) Wynn has an injury this year? They didn't answer that question in FA or Draft. Is it Herron?

You can throw Ferentz on the 53. He has a lifetime Patriots contract.

I bet Steuber will oust Durant out of circulation at least. OL has some serious competition, although not a ton of top talent beyond the starters. Question is - who is the LT of the future? Or if (when) Wynn has an injury this year? They didn't answer that question in FA or Draft. Is it Herron?
Maybe it's Wynn

The lack of a tackle picked has me hopeful they think Cajuste is showing enough in practice. I do root for the late round picks but don’t favor either of sherman or hines over the other.

I am thinking the same about the LB from the last Draft.

I read a review of the tackles in this class right after the combine. A lot of NFL scouts and veterans commented that outside the top 3, this was the most unathletic stiffest class of OTs that they'd seen in over a decade. Not the year to draft a tackle unless you were in the top 10. Which is probably also why we saw all those tackles drafted.

I'm seeing a trend here. OL is such an unsexy position to play, and fewer seem to play it well in college than ever before. A product of the running game going out of fashion? A product of more running QBs? I mean, KC had to totally revamp their OL and pay $$$$$$ after Mahomes got hounded.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back