PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you trust Garoppolo to pick apart Miami's secondary, and not be rattled by Ndamukong Suh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul_Survivor88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
According to Pats Pulpit, Miami has several big holes on their team that the Pats can (and probably will) exploit, particularly their secondary. I just wonder if Jimmy will be good enough to make the passes and connect to key receivers like he did against Arizona.

Also, seems like Ndamukong Suh will bring pressure on Jimmy. Miami's D-line had a great performance Week 1 - hitting Russell Wilson nine times and sacking him three times. Can Jimmy improve his pocket presence and continue to keep his composure against this kind of pressure? Will he hold up behind a less-than-stellar o-line like ours?

no, i dont trust them, Arizona hasnt had the best pass rush and that may have helped the pats thin o-line, now Jimmy G is gonna have Mario Williams and Suh in his face every other snap and he is gonna make some bad throws. I dont know if he will make enough good ones for it to even out but we will see

This feels like a big James White game.
I think we draw them to death as they come out over aggressive in rushing the QB.

I don't know how much time Jimmy G will have to throw so I see our quick passing game being put to use.
If Miami were more disciplined, they should stay in their lanes and use that big, athletic defensive line to bat down passes.

Yes. Arizona's D is better than Miami's and in all honesty, Belichick and McDaniels will put together a gameplan to put Garoppolo in winning situations. If the OL does its job, the Patriots will annihilate the Dolphins.

"Trust him" suggests that we have a relationship with him where he owes us something. That just isn't the case.

I think we draw them to death as they come out over aggressive in rushing the QB.

The Pats have never been a great draw team - they're better in the screen game frankly, but even those are rare and more likely of the WR variety.

I expect to continue to see 2-3 sec throws - even with the Phins knowing they're coming. Our best match up is the quick WRs against their CBs...so they'll use it. Also look for fake Jet sweeps since they trotted them back out last week - get Edelman in fast motion for a free release.

We've never had any real problems with Suh as we've always double-teamed him. Edge rushers, like Wake are something else, though. However he apparently will only play on obvious passing downs now, so I think we'll be able to handle him a bit better now, since he'll be more predictable.

I trust our offensive brain trust that will come up with a game plane to take Miami out of their game plan..

The reality is that Miami knows us and our tendencies well as we know Miami's..that is why any division game is always tough.

"Trust him" suggests that we have a relationship with him where he owes us something. That just isn't the case.
Yea having confidence is the better word.

Jimmy is still on probation. I think he will do well vs their D but who knows.

They played well vs SEA and should have won

According to Pats Pulpit, Miami has several big holes on their team that the Pats can (and probably will) exploit, particularly their secondary. I just wonder if Jimmy will be good enough to make the passes and connect to key receivers like he did against Arizona.

Also, seems like Ndamukong Suh will bring pressure on Jimmy. Miami's D-line had a great performance Week 1 - hitting Russell Wilson nine times and sacking him three times. Can Jimmy improve his pocket presence and continue to keep his composure against this kind of pressure? Will he hold up behind a less-than-stellar o-line like ours?

I always trust Belichick and his coaches to be able to largely neutralize the biggest problems an opponent poses. The OL will have help on Suh, and Garrapolos mobility will help.

Makes sense that a young QB such as JG would have a hiccup or two in his first four games. For that reason, I'd not be surprised by anything in September. I am hopefully that JG will continue to be solid enough for NE to win, but after that crazy Arizona game, who can be sure what will happen week to week ?

Grop's pocket presence was good last week. You can't put it all on his shoulders, the OL has to give him protection and the game plan should minimize his exposure to what Miami's DL does best.

Agree that JAG's pocket presence was very good vs AZ. Miami pass rush is a tough challenge. If our available OL talent is not up to the challenge even given a release the pressure game plan by Josh, then ANY QB will be rushed into making mistakes. Realistically, we should expect at least one pick thrown, more likely two. So our D has to return the favor and aside from picks, JAG needs to play the kind of game he played vs AZ where he finds 2nd, 3rd options available quickly.

Agree that JAG's pocket presence was very good vs AZ. Miami pass rush is a tough challenge. If our available OL talent is not up to the challenge even given a release the pressure game plan by Josh, then ANY QB will be rushed into making mistakes. Realistically, we should expect at least one pick thrown, more likely two. So our D has to return the favor and aside from picks, JAG needs to play the kind of game he played vs AZ where he finds 2nd, 3rd options available quickly.
Why do you and Deus call him JAG? He's not a "jag-off" or "Just A Guy." I don't know why this bothers me but it does.

I think this is the joe thuney coming out party. With earl Mitchell and most likely Mario Williams out, cam wake on a limited snap count, the majority of Miamis Rush will come through the middle.

We have heard nothing but praise for the kid for months, so I am excited to see what he can do against a premier interior rush. He doesn't have to shut down suh for him to have an effective day. If he can handle branch one on one, it could go a long way for us tomorrow.

Beyond that, Miamis linebackers have been good when healthy, they have just rarely been healthy. Having Bennett be able to stay in line and develin back home for the delayed blitz should give us a lot more time.

If we can come out of this with JimmyG upright and healthy, it's a huge win for us, given the short week against another killer DLine.

I think we walk away with this one

Yes.....I am not worried about suh or Williams .... we have been here before with both and they're not scary at all

IMHO this game will be similar to the Miami-Seattle game...

grinding-meat-o.gif

Every athlete owes his/her fan base

Didn't you watch the David Ortiz special last night?!

New England will always love Big Papi and I hope he makes his permanent home here

He's a man of great character and we can use all we can get

Last edited:
Yes, the MIA secondary is largely sub-par, besides Reshad Jones & didn't we JUST see Bennett & others have a GREAT blocking night against AZ????? Our young OL will have help...not saying it'll be easy, but worried?? NO. Quick passing game will help negate the pass rush. Who's covering Hogan, Minitron, DA, Mitchell, White, Bennett & more importantly GRONK (if he suits up)????....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back