PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you think T.O. & Moss know each other are alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

juice245

Banned
Reaction score
I skimed through some past interviews of the two in which they talked about each other and it was less than flattering. Here are some of them:

"There's only one player who can even be compared to me and put in the same sentence. And that player is Jerry rice." - Moss, 2006, asked on comparisons to T.O.

"They say randy moss mr clutch, they better go take another look. That boy 81 on a mission." - T.O., 2002, during a game.

"We have no similarities in our games whatsoever. The only thing is that we're both playmakers, and the difference is who makes more plays."- Moss, 2005, asked if they're similar.

"I think how we're different is how we play every play, there may be a run play and he won't take a step off the line. But you can't blame randy for that, he has a coach that allows that, he has an organization that allows that. That's just like a kid if you let them continue to do something, they're gonna keep doing it." :eek: Damn, TO got randy pretty good with that line.

But I like both players and they will be in the HOF when they retire, moss will probably have rings (with pats) while T.O. (if he stays with dallas will have none). But even though the two have made disparaging comments about each other, I think they respect what the other is doing.

Last edited:
Well they arn't the same are they.
I actually think they would complement each other quite well, but i'm not so sure there would be enough air in the lockerroom for the two of them.

TO may have fired a salvo over Moss with the "the other 81" comment this week. My guess is that Moss does not respond until they hit the field. As such, we will know by then whos still acting like the little "kid" and who has grown up in this league. TO did not need to point to the other 81 to make a point.

TO is a dumb punk and a complete waste of an atheletes body.

Well to be honest I don't think T.O. was trying to start some controversy or get the pats fired up (they already are) he was having fun with the media because he knows they are fire starters who make up and twists certain people's statements so they can get ratings. I also think T.O. is getting fired up for the game, think about it, Espn, cowboys fans, national media, general NFL fans are all saying the same thing, "TO ain't as good as moss." "Moss would have caught that ball." "To has horrible hands, even though he's a cowboy he needs to hold on to the damn ball." "Moss is the best receiver in the league." Everybody has kind of taken shots at him about drops or moss being better than him, but one thing no one can deny about TO is that he keeps his confidence, swagger, and when he is motivated he usually excels (see superbowl, 2002 playoff game, ) People hate him because if he drops a hundred passes TO is so confident that some people think, "How can you be so ****y, you dropped passes in a game that your team lost." The fact is that TO doesn't care how many passes he's dropped he's still gonna be confident and I like that about him. In the NFL you can't worry about dropping balls you have to move on or you won't succeed.

Last edited:
Frankly I respect TO's accomplishment on the field against us in the superbowl. But he clearly is an egomaniac head case.

Like Parcells says you are what your record says you are...on that score Moss has been the best this year NO QUESTION.

I love TO's confidence. But it will be his performance which he will be judged by!:bricks: :bricks: :bricks:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand