Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you believe in God?

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 18 40.9%

• Total voters
Yes, it's true we don't "need" someone to tell us what's what. Even Paul acknowledged that in Romans 1:20, when he said, "For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse." Nature, the world that God created, shows us in ample detail and frequency all we need to know about life.

The world, the universe, and all the lies outside our scope of view are all following the same laws, and thus come from a common origin. Whether we look at the universality of positivity and negativity (plus/minus) in the polarity of a magnet, a man and a woman, a proton and an electron, or whatever else, the universal law of "positive/negative" is there in all things. Likewise, the universal law of internal character and external form is found in everything, from the smallest particles to the largest galactic assemblies to humans: all things of creation have an internal "mind" (inherent directive nature) and an external form or body.

From these we can see how we should live as a human being. Adam and Eve even learned as youngsters about sex by observing the animals. So, no mysteries at all, really.

But there can be no mistaking the reality that humans do not follow their original purpose, but instead follow a selfish purpose, one that puts them at odds with all the rest of creation. This "discovery" of human failure has been called "religion", a word that is taken from the Latin: re (again) + legio (connect), or "religion", to "re-connect" us back to our original selves, not the sinful fallen selves we became way back when.

//
When Paul said, "For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse." he expresses his pre-conceived notions of his time about the divine origins of creation. How else could he have seen the universe at the time?

That's my point! Everything happens in a time continuum. Even modern scientists grappled with the societal ramifications of denying the existence of God because they would have been socially ostracized and unable to continue their work. Their benefactors in both the private and public sector were way behind their abilities to see the truth. Of course Paul siad what he said! What else could he have said?

To your next point: We've never been perfect. We've always been animals of increasing sophistication, but animals nonetheless. I don't believe in a literal "Adam and Eve" as anything more than a metaphor for humankind's crossing over from non-thinking animal to a social co-operative headed toward civilization (which we still haven't achieved).

To your point about polarity: I've always thought that the funtional entity (or "God" if you like) of the universe could be distilled down to the sine wave. When you reduce all matter and energy, you inevitably get down to a concept, measureable or not, which can be best described (IMO) as the "sine". This idea was introduced to me in Catholic school by my science teacher who was struggling to resolve the inherent conflict between his job and the place of his employment.

By the way, Foggy. I enjoy having a civil discussion about philosophy and God. It's very interesting - especially in the vacuum we're in without politics.

I don't believe in GOD in the traditional sense. But man am I sure glad that other people do.

Regardless of the number of people that have died in the name of religion, I cant even fathom what life would be like if god had never been dreamt up. What would people draw on as a base for their morals? How would we even determine right from wrong... it's crazy to think about sometimes.

Last edited:
I don't believe in GOD in the traditional sense. But man am I sure glad that other people do.

Regardless of the number of people that have died in the name of religion, I cant even fathom what life would be like if god had never been dreamt up. What would people draw on as a base for their morals? How would we even determine right from wrong... it's crazy to think about sometimes.

Yes, it's nice that at least *some* people keep the faith, isn't it. Leaves the door open for the rest to have hope at least.

//

Jesus, the human, said the only thing that I follow "religiously":
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

Hillel, but why quibble :)

Does the Pope sh!t in the woods?

I'm an atheist, I'm pretty damn confident the Judeo-Christian God does not exist. Organzied religion is a joke.

Maybe there is a higher being....but no religion has it right.

In that case you're probably more of an agnostic than an atheist.

I know, I have agnostic views as well. Really just depends on my thought process at the time. But I'd still consider myself an atheist for the most part. I'm so glad I didn't grow up in a religious household.

I'm a catholic, who doesn't go to church (I'm not overly "religious"), but I do believe in God. Who he/she/it is, or what he/she/it expects of us, is anyone's guess. I don't criticize anyone for not believing, as I think it's a personal choice if you want to or not. What I do dislike are those who don't believe, yet feel compelled to criticize and attack the people that do. People of faith shouldn't bother non-believers, and non believers should let people of faith be. When someone proves to me how we all got here, then Ill stop believing in something greater than us all. i.e. God. ;)

I believe in God. Didn't always go to church, but I beleive that each persons relationship with God is personal. What works for one may not work for another. But let me ask this. Would you rather believe in God and be wrong or not believe in God and be wrong? If you believed and tried to live a good life, you really didn't lose anything if you ar wrong. But if you don't believe in God and you are wrong .....

I believe in God. Didn't always go to church, but I beleive that each persons relationship with God is personal. What works for one may not work for another. But let me ask this. Would you rather believe in God and be wrong or not believe in God and be wrong? If you believed and tried to live a good life, you really didn't lose anything if you ar wrong. But if you don't believe in God and you are wrong .....

As nice as it would be to believe that there is life after death, I simply don't. I personally don't believe the evidence stacks up. I can't make myself believe in God at this point in my life.

I voted Yes, my beliefs most closely map into Mahayana Bhuddhism and Taoism, these belief systems seem to be in harmony with what we know from physics so far. IMO the universe is God in the act of becoming.

I go the any church. I find atheism empty and dull.

Go out, look up, say to yourself "how did this happen".......

Organized Religion and Bible Thumping Reverends should be avoided at all times ($$$$$$$$)

Watch a bug, say to yourself "how did this happen"

Never let a Bible Carrying Reverend tell you who to bring home to dinner, you and you alone make that choice.

Never Praise Your God After Killing...............:(

I am a pretty religious Christian so yes. I am surprised that there are so many atheists; I figured with all the people from Massachusetts there would be some pious Catholics.

Christian & Athiest At A Cookout:
Athiest -"prove to me that your god is real"
Christian -"prove to me that he isn't"

If God exists we will know when we die.
If God does not exist we will never know, the lights will simply go out, forever.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back