PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do the Pats Draft their "Aaron Rodgers" with 3 of the first 33?

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of the higher ranked QBs in the draft are worth picking: Gabbert, Newton, Mallett, Locker, Ponder ...

Day Three has a couple kids worth working with, though they both may sneak into Day Two: Dalton, Kaepernick.

Don't flame me please!!! but anyone ever think about cam newton??
A QB who will most likely take 2-4 years to develop fully, and definitely has potential to be a star. I realize the pats have more pressing issues, which is why I seriously doubt they would draft him, it's just a thought though.

A QB who will most likely take 2-4 years to develop fully, and definitely has potential to be a star. I realize the pats have more pressing issues, which is why I seriously doubt they would draft him, it's just a thought though.

If he were coming out in 3 years, then yes.

If he were coming out in 3 years, then yes.

Think about it though, brady will be what 36-37 in 2 years? maybe not cam newton, but drafting a qb in the near future may not be such a terrible idea.

Tom Brady just had an MVP season, did you not watch any of the games? We were 14-2 and lost one game. Don't give up on Tom, he probably has another 5 years left.

Correct, sir.

General Tom Brady has another 4-8 years left.

Only a stupid A Hole would look to draft his "replacement".

On the other hand, it doesn't hurt to pull in worthy back ups, train them to step in...and then, presumably, trade them for 1sts and 2nds!!

Greg McElRoy is his name, in case you were wondering.

None of the higher ranked QBs in the draft are worth picking: Gabbert, Newton, Mallett, Locker, Ponder ...

GREAT statement, although Ponder IS worth picking.

Other'n that, the rest of the High Picks...are DEBRIS. :eek:

I want nothing to do with Newton, he's Vince Young 2.0.

Correct, sir.

On the other hand, it doesn't hurt to pull in worthy back ups, train them to step in...and then, presumably, trade them for 1sts and 2nds!!

McElroy is only 6'1" or 2" maybe, kind of short for our offense, plus he doesn;t have a cannon for an arm.

There is no doubt in my mind that BB picks up a QB between now and TC, but I doubt he invests a high pick in that QB.

McElroy is only 6'1" or 2" maybe, kind of short for our offense, plus he doesn;t have a cannon for an arm.

There is no doubt in my mind that BB picks up a QB between now and TC, but I doubt he invests a high pick in that QB.

Hoyer is 6'2 and he's his height hasn't been an issue, the height thing is overblown. I don't want McElroy but it's because he doesn't seem to have that burning desire that I think a successful QB needs, especially one without a lot of physical talent.

Correct, sir.

4-8 years left? why don't you get real man....brady does not have 8 years left haha. Aside from that, you just contradict yourself quite a bit. Only an ******* would draft a replacement, yet you are talking about drafting McElroy??? Don't call people out then contradict yourself....sounds bad

Too soon.

Brady + Hoyer is fine for now.

Correct, sir.

4-8 years left? why don't you get real man....brady does not have 8 years left haha. Aside from that, you just contradict yourself quite a bit. Only an ******* would draft a replacement, yet you are talking about drafting McElroy??? Don't call people out then contradict yourself....sounds bad

Well, the "A Hole" part was directed at a theoretical GM who was foolish enough to be looking to draft Brady's replacement, at this point, particularly by wasting an early pick in so doing...But it was still very harsh, and unacceptable, for that matter, and I apologize to any and all who may've thought it directed towards them: I was having an "O'Donnell" FlashBack. :mad:

You, on the other hand, need to reread my post. There is no contradiction, and I spelled out my game plan so clearly that even YOU should've been able to follow it.

As for your contention that my 4-8 year range for Brady is ludicrous, perhaps you could enlighten us as to why an undisciplined scum bag like Favre could play to 41, yet a fanatical work horse like Brady couldn't?? Good luck with that.
studying.gif

Even though it may indeed be a few years too early, one guy I really, really like and would love the Pats to draft anyway is Ricky Stanzi. Average arm strength and athleticism but he was ridiculously clutch in 08 and 09 and had a statistically outstanding season last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News