PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ditka goes off again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Media types {including Ditka} do notlike him because he's not a media whore that provides endless soundbites like some others, who've done exactly jack-crap compared to BB.

PLUS, to someone like Ditka, BB genius is a complete enigma to them, thus they have a hard time embracing it.

Consider the source. As a coach in the SB, he let Fridge Perry score a TD rather than Walter Payton. The Bears of that era will go down as one of the all time under achieving teams in NFL history; with the talent they had on defense, they should have won two or three more Super Bowls but instead got wrapped in their own egos. Ditka later went on to New Orleans where he went on to trade every draft pick for an unmotivated running back with questionable emotional stability. Now this guy who had a history of going off on the media has the gall to pooh pooh Belichick.

Quite the opposite, BB values his reputation above all else. As he said in a Steve Sabol interview once, all you have in this life is your name and the reputation that goes along with it. Now, he doesn't concern himself about the roller-coaster ride of the media, but he does care about his long-term reputation.

thanks for the correction. i did not know that. he must figure the record speaks for itself then because he's going to go down as a sloppily-dressed grump of a football genius outside of the game's inner circle.

thanks for the correction. i did not know that. he must figure the record speaks for itself then because he's going to go down as a sloppily-dressed grump of a football genius outside of the game's inner circle.

this may be off topic but since LT is so much referred to as the next jim brown..here is what jim brown said once about BB

http://allthingsbillbelichick.com/articles/2002/prisonerofconscience.htm
Brown: I don't compare myself with anyone. Let me tell you about someone I do admire. Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots has contributed more to the work I surround myself with than any black athlete in modern times – financially, intellectually, every way. He's been in the prisons with me. He's met gang members in my home; he's met gang members in Cleveland [where Belichick coached the Browns form 1991 to '95]. He's put up money. He's opened up areas of education for us very quietly and very strongly. Imagine what would happen if Michael Jordan did the same thing.

Ditka's a blithering idiot. Now that he's picked a fight with BB, I hope to hell the Bears win, and we get to exact our revenge after 20 years.

Ditka is just pissed that his childhood acting job as Eddie Munster didnt work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST