PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dion Lewis Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
No word so not ready evidently. They could use him. RG has been far and away the weakest spot on the OL.

After RT, that is.

And I still believe that our RG would make a great Center, if we still had a RG worthy of replacing him,
like we used to have.

As for Dion Lewis, I would've waited until at least after the Seattle game to remove him from the PUP list.

After RT, that is.

And I still believe that our RG would make a great Center, if we still had a RG worthy of replacing him,
like we used to have.

As for Dion Lewis, I would've waited until at least after the Seattle game to remove him from the PUP list.

I think BB agrees with you.

Worst case they need to add him to the 53 by CoB on 11/17. That is after the SEA game

He'll have 3-4 games to get his sea legs and another 3-4 games in Dec to really work in this offense to figure out where his role is.

As long as there aren't any setbacks, he should be in midseason form come January.

doubt he'll see the field until after the bye

white's hands have been good this year but i think something people forget about lewis is he was fantastic out of the backfield and down the sidelines, which is a route Brady seems to love. that catch that bolden dropped last week is a first down plus a lot more if lewis is even remotely mobile.

i don't think he'll hit anywhere close to his 2015 per game numbers but i promise you if he gets back on the field this year he's going to make a few big plays every game. woodhead, faulk, vereen....pass catching backs are a huge part of the patriots offense and imo lewis is still much better than white in that regard

doubt he'll see the field until after the bye

white's hands have been good this year but i think something people forget about lewis is he was fantastic out of the backfield and down the sidelines, which is a route Brady seems to love. that catch that bolden dropped last week is a first down plus a lot more if lewis is even remotely mobile.

i don't think he'll hit anywhere close to his 2015 per game numbers but i promise you if he gets back on the field this year he's going to make a few big plays every game. woodhead, faulk, vereen....pass catching backs are a huge part of the patriots offense and imo lewis is still much better than white in that regard

Both Bolden and I could have made the 1st down on that catch.

Gotta say, I'm pretty disappointed someone like Kanye is considered rap/hip-hop.

Big, Pac, Jay, Wu, The Firm (I can go on for a while) should slap the sh!t out of that lil pop b!tch and make him stop making "music". (With the assumption even dead guys can slap someone.)

Rap/hip-hop has been dead since the early 2000s. It will make a comeback, but only good stuff isn't on the radio at the moment.

I agree with the Jets fan, the hip-hop/pop stuff nowadays is nothing like the 90s rap that was coming out from Biggie, 2pac, Jay Z, Dr Dre, Wutang, Eminem, etc.. its not even the same genre anymore

Those guys were lyrical geniuses, I mean they had a lot of crude stuff on them and everything but there was a deeper message behind it.. I can't even listen to this crap on the radio nowadays that tries to pass as "rap"

Or maybe I'm just transforming into a stubborn old man like my father

I agree with the Jets fan, the hip-hop/pop stuff nowadays is nothing like the 90s rap that was coming out from Biggie, 2pac, Jay Z, Dr Dre, Wutang, Eminem, etc.. its not even the same genre anymore

Those guys were lyrical geniuses, I mean they had a lot of crude stuff on them and everything but there was a deeper message behind it.. I can't even listen to this crap on the radio nowadays that tries to pass as "rap"

Or maybe I'm just transforming into a stubborn old man like my father

Get off my lawn!

I'm going to be disappointed if he isn't back for the Seattle game. He's my favorite Patriot to watch. Blount is having a great year. But it takes him a loooooong time to get up to speed. Lewis is a great change of pace back and would make the offense that much harder to defend. It's incredible how much improvement we've seen from White this year, but Lewis is still the better RB if he is anywhere close to 100% healthy.

I'm going to be disappointed if he isn't back for the Seattle game. He's my favorite Patriot to watch. Blount is having a great year. But it takes him a loooooong time to get up to speed. Lewis is a great change of pace back and would make the offense that much harder to defend. It's incredible how much improvement we've seen from White this year, but Lewis is still the better RB if he is anywhere close to 100% healthy.

He needs to be added to the 53 by 11/16.

At the end of the day, we just want him healthy. If his being active against the Seahawks puts him more at risk than normal because he's not fully recovered yet, I hope they keep him inactive until then. We need Dion post-Thankgsiving.

Exactly Thor: I would not want him back to face a Physical Defense so soon the wimpy 49ers would be the perfect shake the rust off Team.

Lewis getting ready for Seattle is just one of BB's mind games for Pete Carroll who I don't think will bite.

I hope he's 110% ready when he comes back. I think Jamaal Charles came back too early and now he's on IR again.

Agreed, but I think/hope Belichick is smarter than that. Also hard to say if Charles came back too early or not. He's in a really weird scenario where his knee is in pain but neither the Chiefs nor James Andrews can figure out why. It definitely could be the case that this happened because he came back too early. It could be unrelated - without knowing why his knee is still bothering him, can't really know.

But yeah, I pretty much agree. I'm not totally against him playing Seattle if he's ready, but the fact that we have San Fran the week after seems like too good an opportunity - why not hold him out one extra week and bring him back against a way worse defense? Ease him back into things, etc. I'd be surprised if he plays against Seattle, and doubt Belichick has any intention of playing him that soon.

At the end of the day, we just want him healthy. If his being active against the Seahawks puts him more at risk than normal because he's not fully recovered yet, I hope they keep him inactive until then. We need Dion post-Thankgsiving.

One week will not change much/anything .. especially with this kind of injury. Something can happen at every practice so once he starts practicing (of course we will not know if fully or limited until he is already activated) .. you can't really save him. You can break him in steadily (controlling his workload) like they did with Gronk but its more difficult with RBs because every snap is all-in.

They will probably activate him vs Seattle but the usage remains to be seen. Ideally he would first go in in garbage time or for some screens - but again there's very little control you can have with RB. The only other alternative is to keep him out until playoffs but that doesn't really make sense either. He is a football player, he has additional money to earn, he has to get in game shape etc.

That said Id also keep him out vs Seattle .. with their tough D and tough game in mind .. but at the end this doesn't really change anything in terms of saving him for the playoffs ..

Second time it's out there in the universe.

I hope they make a distinct effort to ease Dion in when he does return. Maybe like five to eight snaps week one, ten or so week two, and go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST