PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dion Lewis Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we don't have much hard evidence, working with a bunch of hypotheticals here, but ...

If the 'clean up' surgery was just to clean some debris, scar tissue, etc, that surgery wouldn't have any effect on the ligament repair, and thus it has been healing all this time, correct? Basically he has had a bunch of extra time for ligament healing, and probably some time to regain muscle?

He's so evasive that he makes defenders miss entirely or run into each other trying to make a play on him. He reminds me of Edelman in that regard only shiftier and stronger. If he could ever return to 100% and stay there, look out FUFL.

Dueling Squirrels.

Since we don't have much hard evidence, working with a bunch of hypotheticals here, but ...

If the 'clean up' surgery was just to clean some debris, scar tissue, etc, that surgery wouldn't have any effect on the ligament repair, and thus it has been healing all this time, correct? Basically he has had a bunch of extra time for ligament healing, and probably some time to regain muscle?

Yes, someone on the press or twitter brought that up at the time, he would get some extra recovery on the previous procedure and that is all good, I just don't know if the extra rest and time off the field would offset this somehow because he needs to strength the area before being cleared to football drills.

That catch and move to get into the endzone against the Cowboys gives me goosebumps thinking about it.

Add Marty AND Hogan to this offense too? Can you say unstoppable.

Are people really forgetting how good he was already? Unquestionably our starting back when he's back healthy. His elusiveness is scary to put it mildly.

Yup, a difference maker. When he was in there last season he added a dimension that DC had to account for. I'm sure Sexy Rexy knows who he is now.

Yup, a difference maker. When he was in there last season he added a dimension that DC had to account for. I'm sure Sexy Rexy knows who he is now.
Far more dangerous than VaReene.

Far more dangerous than VaReene.

Lewis makes nothing into big gains and makes Def miss because of his size, shiftiness. Screens/Runs on 3rd & longs are not out of reach with him, need 22 yds he gets 23 is a real possibility every time.

hardly...just found it odd to bring her up in response to someone expressing disdain for Orangeface
Have no desire to talk politics here, but as a point of logic have to point out that of course it's not "odd" to express disdain for the opponent of a politician someone else expresses disdain for. It's basic tit-for-tat.

I just hope Lewis isn't rushing back. We need him come playoff time for sure. I would love to hear an update on Vollmer. That would be a huge boost.

Lewis makes nothing into big gains and makes Def miss because of his size, shiftiness. Screens/Runs on 3rd & longs are not out of reach with him, need 22 yds he gets 23 is a real possibility every time.
Surprisingly doesn't go down easily either.

I just hope Lewis isn't rushing back. We need him come playoff time for sure.

I don't think thats the case. When his knee was barking they shut him down immediately. His clean up surgery was a rousing success.

I would love to hear an update on Vollmer. That would be a huge boost.

I agree.

I hope that's not the case.
On this we agree. Lewis, I don't think he would survive getting #1 back snaps. However he does give us one key element that we currently don't have, and that's a legitimate rushing threat when he lines up in the backfield. White has improved it seems, but still even the "improved" James White isn't a good rushing RB. I think Foster is a better rusher, but it's early yet. Lewis gives us a real rushing threat, but one we don't want to have to give the ball to over 20 times a game. 10-15 touches a game for someone with Lewis' talent could have an impact on an already very good offense. I look to see him back in game 7 or 8

BTW- I thought I read somewhere that Volmer HAS been seen working out at the facility and IIRC, was seen going down to the lower field to work with staff, so he IS attempting to get back for this season. I'm more hopeful now about his possible return that I was when he went on IR.

Are people really forgetting how good he was already? Unquestionably our starting back when he's back healthy. His elusiveness is scary to put it mildly.

Depends on the definition of starting, but I do more or less agree. I'm skeptical that he can handle a huge workload, and Blount deserves a lot of credit for how he's played so far. I would hope that if Lewis comes back at 100% he'll get the majority of the RB snaps, but it will hopefully be a lot closer to 60/40 than it was last year pre-injury. We have to do what we can to keep Lewis healthy, but it's pretty clear to me that when he's out there he gives this offense a higher ceiling than Blount does. More versatile, more elusive.

Blount will still get the majority of carries. He wears the Defense down, than he Lewis and White accumulate the yardage in the second half. If all they do is give Blount the wear-down carries, his average will plunge to 2-3 ypc. But he will STILL be doing his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back