PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did tonight's game change who you want to face?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But seriously, Chiefs. And still want the Chiefs.

They're the Texans, but with a better QB.

If we don't turnover the ball 3x and Rowe doesn't commit a bonehead penalty, we win this game by 30 points.

We won't play like that again. Gimme the Chiefs.

Last edited:
Since the Steelers always crap themesleves in the big games against the Pats I'll go with the historical ass whooping. Wish it were that easy, Leveon Bell is pretty awesome to watch and Antonio Brown is one of the best.

Kind of interesting to see some of the fans discouraged after this win. It was a tough fought game against a defense that put a lot of pressure from the front. That pressure is the type that have ended many a postseason games for the Pats. Who else has the front to replicate that? Pittsburgh? KC? Dallas? Green Bay? Dont think so.

the only thing I want to see is malcolm Mitchell on the active roster vs who ever they face

The Pats just played a bad game and won by 3 scores, so not really. We'll need to play better next week, and I'm a little worried that other teams will try to copy what the Texans did with Mercilus, but most teams don't have a Mercilus in the first place.

The Chiefs' pass rush does worry me a bit more after tonight's game than it did before, but I think the Pats will account for that pretty well. I think the Pats can exploit the middle of the Chiefs' defense, and I have a harder time seeing the Chiefs trading scores with the Pats than I do with the Steelers, so the Chiefs are still the team I'd rather see.

Need a healthier Amendola, healthy Mitchell, healthy Hogan, and I'll take the Steelers.

Bell and Brown are great but I just think we match up better with the Steelers than KC. KC's exactly the sort of team to take what our defense is giving.

I would lean to the team with the lesser QB in general. A good QB could have caused trouble for us tonight. We're lucky we faced Brock.

There are advantages to playing Pitt - average defense, history, and the fact that they may not have a lot of time to prepare for NE.

I didn't care before and I still don't but rule of thumb is you want to face the lesser QB and that is Smith.

I think New England can run the ball against either team well if they try. Probably better against kc. But the Steelers pass defense is ehhhh. I'm not to worried. I don't think either game is a bad matchup. I plan on going to the game and I think the Steelers is a sexier matchup as an NFL fan. But something tells me that as a Pats fan, if you put a gun to my head, the Chiefs might be a better matchup

A part of me wants to face kc becauee i dont think alex smith is that good and i think the pats could stifle that offense. Consider their two top threats on offense are tight end and running game. And the pats can stifle both. Alex smith doesnt strike me as a qb who can come back if they get down a couple scores. Steelers do

BUT the steelers have a worse defense. AND despite his numbers at home. Big ben has been quite pedestrian on the road. Its just if Leveon bell gets going it would be hard to stop them.

Personally now I would much rather face KC and strongly so.

This D will not be scored on much unless it is a very solid offense.

If the Pats don't turn it over KC will be hard pressed to pass 17 points. The means you ask the Pats offense to do very little.

Also KC's pass rush is based on the outside which the Pats did well against tonight. The pressure all come from the inside. Right now I am loving us vs KC particularly after seeing Houston again who really is just a poor man's KC in many respects.
Nothing changes really, we need to play much better, and I think KC is the better matchup for us for reasons like you are saying.

My biggest motivation for wanting the Chiefs is simply so that it is not even possible for the Steeler fans to be able to make amends for our beating them in Heinz AFCCGs. It would wreck watching NFL for me for a while LOL. If the Chiefs beat us I would probably root for them in SB.

I said a few weeks back we wanted Steelers to be third seed so they we could not face them in Divisional. Last night demonstrates why it would be bad. Pats made uncharacteristic mistakes over and over and would have been beaten by a good team. I think this was the Pats "oops" game and they were lucky. I think it makes it more likely that we come out firing on all cylinders next week. Even if we do, next week is going to be a tough game.

I still want to play the best team every step of the way

The best quarterback, running back, wide receiver, center, guard.....we'll, you get the picture
The only reason Pats are not out of playoffs now is the draw they pulled. Best (easiest) matchup possible the rest of the way please... for each game.. I'd say KC, then... well the NFC are all hard, I would pic Dallas for rookie QB.

I'd rather face Andy Reid's clock management skills.

After tonight's game, the outcome of next week AFCC game should it not be favorable will not be a massive shock. We have some problems and it came out to bare. Blount's illness was a serious factor in how the game plan was executed.

Was unsure before but now I want PIT. Would rather see this team face a good offense than a good defense.

I remember reading back around mid-season (in an article about Chefs vs faders vs donkeys in afcw) that writer said chefs were built to beat NE, not faders/donks (Pre- carr Injury) and so would be #2 in West.

I do think Chefs are a tougher game.

Despite that, i still think pats have better odds to go forward with KC, specifically because of the eggregious refing last night. KC gets no gotohell plus points. Whereas, squeelers are one of a few protected sons owners, and gotohell would like nothing better than to build up a new goat controversy (with big ben taking paymeaton's place) while sticking it to TB and the pats.

We'll see, but i expect to see some more strange pro-squeelers calls tonite. If reid gets them past that, i think kc wins.

I still want to play the best team every step of the way

The best quarterback, running back, wide receiver, center, guard.....we'll, you get the picture

If the patriots winning the SB is the number one goal, this is the opposite of what you should want. You're basically rooting for the patriots to have a higher chance of losing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents