PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Rothlessberger score?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael,

You make a good point. I do see his arm, but I also see the ball and really, the call could go either way. The goal line replay certainly seems to show the actual ball crossing the plane of the endzone.

It was a close call. Nobody denies that. It was reviewed and upheld and the call was perfectly understandable. So why all the fuss?

You need to check out NFL network today and see Mike Pereira's breakdown of all the calls.

He openly admitted that the Hassleback low block call was wrong. But the rest of them were correct.

Discounting the NFL version, the officiating for SB XL was hideous. It was the consistent pattern whereby every Seattle big play was wiped out by a penalty.

Every Seattle big play was the product of an infraction.

Last edited:
SteelCity said:
Every Seattle big play was product of an infraction.

If you say so. This is great. All the former ragging about the tuck rule call has swung over to *****ing about the officiating in SB XL. Not just here but everywhere people talk football.

Edit, except on Pittsburgh based forums.

Last edited:
If you say so. This is great. All the former ragging about the tuck rule call has swung over to *****ing about the officiating in SB XL. Not just here but everywhere people talk football.

Well the facts have already been reviewed over and over again and the consensus is that the correct calls were made. The problem is that the people who are still complaining about the calls are just ignoring the proof that has been presented.

These people don't want to be confused with facts. They just want to hold on to their outlandish conspiracy theories and whatnot.

I find it funny and I'll continue to watch.............. and I'll continue to laugh.

beat-dead-horse.gif

SteelCity said:
Michael,

You make a good point. I do see his arm, but I also see the ball and really, the call could go either way. The goal line replay certainly seems to show the actual ball crossing the plane of the endzone.

It was a close call. Nobody denies that. It was reviewed and upheld and the call was perfectly understandable. So why all the fuss?

You need to check out NFL network today and see Mike Pereira's breakdown of all the calls.

He openly admitted that the Hassleback low block call was wrong. But the rest of them were correct.

What else could he say? Lets face it in week 2 the bad INT call that went Indy's way was the only call they admitted to later. No mention of the PI call on Samuel which was equally egregious. Or any of the other bad calls that weekend. It was the talk of the national media. They'll never own up to the obvious biases. It's not unlike a town having police with unspoken policy that they pullover all minorities for any infraction. So all whites can go 40 MPH in a 35 MPH zone but minorities will get ticketed for going 36 MPH. What would be the defense? They broke the rule of the law. But, you don't have to look to long or hard to see infractions not called on Pitts while bogus calls are being made on Seattle. It was a travesty.

SteelCity said:
Well the facts have already been reviewed over and over again and the consensus is that the correct calls were made. The problem is that the people who are still complaining about the calls are just ignoring the proof that has been presented.

These people don't want to be confused with facts. They just want to hold on to their outlandish conspiracy theories and whatnot.

I find it funny and I'll continue to watch.............. and I'll continue to laugh.

I have seen 0 proof presented to disprove anything that has been accused in that game. And only Steeler fans (or people who wanted Pittsburgh to win) feel the correct calls were made. Hardly a consensus.

It was a travesty.

If every call was correct, how can you still have a problem?

Its not like there was a forward lateral that ended up going for a TD or anything.... hint hint.

Even HBO went through all of the calls and came to the same conclusion that Mike Periera did. If you have any doubts, you should check out one of those shows if you get a chance.

Just answer me this question: except for the hassleback blocking call, were the correct calls made? Yes or No

SteelCity said:
If every call was correct, how can you still have a problem?

Its not like there was a forward lateral that ended up going for a TD or anything.... hint hint.

Even HBO went through all of the calls and came to the same conclusion that Mike Periera did. If you have any doubts, you should check out one of those shows if you get a chance.

Just answer me this question: except for the hassleback blocking call, were the correct calls made? Yes or No

A definite NO.

I went over the entire game. And I have EVERY penalty in a video here

SteelCity said:
Every Seattle big play was the product of an infraction.

How could that be? Pittsburgh got 3 penalties the whole game. 2 False starts in the first 5 minutes and one offensive PI in the 2nd quarter.

Michael,

Which calls bothered you? Let me know.

SteelCity said:
Wow..... its pretty obvious that the ball broke the plane.

What a bunch of losers....

The losers are the morons like yourself who insist on making claims that none of the evidence supports.

There were NO GOAL LINE CAMERAS. There were no camera's facing directly down the length of the goalline. That is the ONLY way you would have been able to tell if Ben actually got the ball across.

For you to make imbecilic statements like "Its pretty obvious that the ball broke the plane" shows that you are the one in denial. Denial of the real facts.

Settle down Bruinz...... take your medication dude.

Anyway..... The review does show the ball crossing the goal line. If the ball didn't cross, it sure looked like it did. In any case, you have to admit that it was a close call.

So why are you acting like a little girl about it?

Last edited:
SteelCity said:
The officiating wasn't bad considering there was only one bad call - the low block called on Matt Hassleback.

Mike Pereria broke down all of the calls on NFL Network today and they were all correct except for the low block.

The TD was such a close call that we are still arguing about it after all this time. So people just need to get over it.

There were a lot of close calls but even after further review, they were the correct calls.

The officiating was HORRENDOUS. And there are hundreds of thousands(probably millions) of fans who have said so.

For you to say there was only 1 bad call is a joke.

The issue isn't just about the calls that were made. It's also about the calls that WEREN'T made. There were at least 2 off-sides calls that weren't made against the Steelers. Hope should have been called for illegal contact downfield since he initiated contact on Jackson prior to Jackson supposedly pushing off. Ward should have been called for Offensive pass interference. There should have been numerous holding calls on Pittsburgh.

The ISSUE IS CONSISTENCY IN THE OFFICIATING. I'm sorry that the idea seems to escape you.

SteelCity said:
Michael,

Really? I have 20/15 eyesight and all I see is a blob in the area where you claim the ball is.

Also, there is no Goal Line replay that shows anything because there is no camera facing directly down the goal line.

The FUSS is the FACT that the line judge had his arm up to signal a 4th down, then changed his mind. The FUSS is that, by rule, if you don't know what happened, you aren't supposed to make a call. In other words, because the line judge couldn't have been able to tell if the ball crossed the plane, he should have just marked it down on the 1 inch line. That is how they are TAUGHT to make the calls.

As for Mike Pereira's "explanations," its called CYA. Its BS.

Hope should have been called for illegal contact downfield since he initiated contact on Jackson prior to Jackson supposedly pushing off.

Wrong...... Since hasslback left the pocket, hope is allowed to touch the receiver. Besides hand fighting goes on all the time...... big deal. But you are not allowed to push the defender in order to create seperation. Thats what Jackson did. The funny thing is, this whole thing happened 2 feet away from the official....... Deal with it

You sound like a little kid talking about 'calls should have been made on Pittsburgh'.

Last edited:
The FUSS is the FACT that the line judge had his arm up to signal a 4th down, then changed his mind.

Wow............ he had to think about it for a second........... wow.... its a conspiracy!!!!!

Big deal

It was a close call that was reviewed......... did you hear me............ it was reviewed.

I guess you didn't hear me............. IT WAS REVIEWED.

Is that so tough to understand?

SteelCity said:
Settle down Bruinz...... take your medication dude.

Anyway..... The review does show the ball crossing the goal line. If the ball didn't cross, it sure looked like it did. In any case, you have to admit that it was a close call.

So why are you acting like a little girl about it?

SteelCity -
The only ones acting like girls are the loser Steeler fans who claim that the officiating was good when a majority of the world feels that the officiating was poor at best.

The REVIEW does not show the ball crossing the plain. That is a bold faced lie on your part.

Also, I never claimed it wasn't a close call. Doesn't change the fact that the line judge went against his teachings and reveresed himself only after moving closer to try and see the pile. The Line Judge was going to mark the ball down. It wasn't until after he watched Ben move the ball across the line that he raised his hands to signal a TD.

Why are you even here, Steelcity? The officials don't need help from you. This has nothing to do with the Steelers other than they were the beneficiary of the worst officiating in SB history.

SteelCity said:
Wrong...... Since hasslback left the pocket, hope is allowed to touch the receiver. Besides hand fighting goes on all the time...... big deal. But you are not allowed to push the defender in order to create seperation. Thats what Jackson did. The funny thing is, this whole thing happened 2 feet away from the official....... Deal with it

You sound like a little kid talking about 'calls should have been made on Pittsburgh'.

*ROFLMAO* Coming from someone who clearly is clueless and lies to cover his arse.

Do you happen to have the entire replay of the pass to Jackson? Because, I don't remember Hasselback actually leaving the pocket. He may have gotten near the edge of it, but I don't remember him leaving it.

Also, you do realize that you contradict yourself. If it was hand-fighting, then Jackson shouldn't have been called for a push-off. Hope interfered with Jackson just as they both entered the endzone. And that should have been called if the call on Jackson was going to be made since Hope did interfere with Jackson's route.

Yes, it happened "2 feet from the official," but so did the Hope interference. But far be it from you to deal with that. You'd rather just throw up BS excuses.

Typical squeeler fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft