PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Rothlessberger score?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is becoming like Buckner's error in the 1986 world series. People make it like the Red Sox would have won the world series if he had made that play. Not necessarily so, the score was already tied. The Steelers had one more down if Big Ben had been called short. I have to believe they would have scored on fourth down.

Fanfrom1960 said:
This is becoming like Buckner's error in the 1986 world series. People make it like the Red Sox would have won the world series if he had made that play. Not necessarily so, the score was already tied. The Steelers had one more down if Big Ben had been called short. I have to believe they would have scored on fourth down.

Even though they didn't make it on the first 3 tries? OooooK. Ask Indy about that.

Steel77 said:
The play was so close how would Ben know if he got in or not? Go on any Steeler MB, there are a number of threads devoted to this showing still frames from the play where it CLEARLY shows the ball breaking the plain of the goalline. The call is difficult because it is so close and the way Ben has the ball, his arm is obscuring the tip of the ball, but it's obvious he scored after looking at the photos IMO...

BTW, the photos on this page show Ben after he broke the plain and they're from a HORRIBLE angle as well. Nice going...

Nice going? So you believe some shots from the side that couldn't possibly show the ball breaking the plane because as we see in the front shots the ball was behind his arm? OK just for you here's some old shots of the WTC that also show that the south tower was 10 stories higher than the north tower. There as irrefutable as the shots of Rothlisberger from the side.

WTCangleshot.jpg

:p

This is the shot they claim as proof
1814346roethscores.jpg

But, it's not accurate at all.
noTD3.jpg

After review: It is...a Touchdown.

I think the review was correct because as #8 surged to the goal line, the ball appeared to just barely break that imaginary plane. The Seahawks did not get jobbed on this call, it was on the phantom holding and PI calls to take 14 pts. off the board.

then why did the ref signal 4th down and only change his mind after he ran up to the pile and saw the ball over the goal line?

the reason...he didn't see what YOU just described...therefore, his call was predicated on what he saw as he ran up to the pile with his arm raised signaling 4th down and THEN....AND THEN...signaling TD

Horrible call on a day of putrid ,biased calls

groundgame said:
After review: It is...a Touchdown.

I think the review was correct because as #8 surged to the goal line, the ball appeared to just barely break that imaginary plane. The Seahawks did not get jobbed on this call, it was on the phantom holding and PI calls to take 14 pts. off the board.

Ehhhhhh ONCE AGAIN it was his arm/elbow not the ball that broke the plane. It wasn't a TD but, was given to Pitts as a TD. END OF STORY.

No different than the last time Pitts went to the Super Bowl. In the AFCC game at halftime, the Steelers grabbed a 10-7 lead thanks to a late 5 yard TD pass from Neil O'Donnell to Kordell Stewart. The replay showed that Stewart had stepped out of bounds in the back of the endzone, and then had come back in to make the catch.

Some things never change.

Last edited:
Michael said:
This is the shot they claim as proof
1814346roethscores.jpg

But, it's not accurate at all.
noTD3.jpg

That is the BALL! Ben is a WHITE guy, that clearly ISN'T his arm! Christ! What the Hell is wrong with some of you folks?! Can you say D-E-N-I-A-L?

Last edited:
No...can you say F-I-X?

Wow..... its pretty obvious that the ball broke the plane.

What a bunch of losers....

Attachments

• Super Cowher 2.JPG
    Super Cowher 2.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Steel77 said:
That is the BALL! Ben is a WHITE guy, that clearly ISN'T his arm! Christ! What the Hell is wrong with some of you folks?! Can you say D-E-N-I-A-L?

It's his arm clown.

noTD1.jpg

What the hell is wrong with you?
crazy.gif

It wasn't a TD but, was given to Pitts as a TD. END OF STORY.

No different than the last time Pitts went to the Super Bowl. In the AFCC game at halftime, the Steelers grabbed a 10-7 lead thanks to a late 5 yard TD pass from Neil O'Donnell to Kordell Stewart. The replay showed that Stewart had stepped out of bounds in the back of the endzone, and then had come back in to make the catch.

Last edited:
Steel77 said:
Exactly. I'm no Steelers fan, but about half the ball is over the line. His arm isn't brown...

drew4008 said:
Exactly. I'm no Steelers fan, but about half the ball is over the line. His arm isn't brown...

Errrrrr wrong.

Michael said:
Ehhhhhh ONCE AGAIN it was his arm/elbow not the ball that broke the plane. It wasn't a TD but, was given to Pitts as a TD. END OF STORY.

YOU are wrong.

When I seen the touchdown, I was looking at the football, nothing else. It WAS difficult to see it touch the plane of the white line...but I seen it touch. Dunno if it really broke the plane, but it DID touch the plane.

So, that was the correct call.

The other BS calls (Locklear, Jackson, and Hasselbeck) were the work of ineptness by the ref's.

Not Big Ben's.

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl said:
YOU are wrong.

When I seen the touchdown, I was looking at the football, nothing else. It WAS difficult to see it touch the plane of the white line...but I seen it touch. Dunno if it really broke the plane, but it DID touch the plane.

So, that was the correct call.

The other BS calls (Locklear, Jackson, and Hasselbeck) were the work of ineptness by the ref's.

Not Big Ben's.

Then we'll have to agree to disagree. I've seen it many times and in hi-def and NEVER saw the ball break the plane. No one will ever convince me water isn't wet, snow isn't cold or that ball broke the plane. Nothing will change what happened on 2/5/06. All I care about now is that the "officiating" get cleaned up in time for the 2006 season.

ummmm

Fanfrom1960 said:

"I have to believe they would have scored on fourth down."

Let's look at Cowher's record on 4th and shorts before we jump to conclusions here.......he almost always takes the points in this situation...especially in a big game like this one......most likely he goes for the FG........one man's opinion

Michael said:
It's his arm clown.

noTD1.jpg

What the hell is wrong with you?
crazy.gif

It wasn't a TD but, was given to Pitts as a TD. END OF STORY.

Actually, the Kordell play that the refs missed made up for the PI on one of the Steeler WR's earlier in the game that was at the goalline, which wasn't called. The Colts DB hit the Steeler WR(I think it was Hastings) in the back before the ball got to him. The Steelers had to settle for a FG, instead of what should've been a TD...

drew4008 said:

Thank you. Again, what makes the call somewhat difficult is the way Ben is holding the ball in his arms, you can't see part of it, but anyone watching the replays/still shots can CLEARLY see the part of the ball that is obscured by Ben's arm is breaking the plane of the endzone..

Maybe on that LSD riddled Planet Steelmoron you're on it is...but here on Planet Earth, as viewers coast to coast have complained...it never touched the goal line...sorry...now ring up E.T. and phone home you intergalactic moron

Michael said:
All I care about now is that the "officiating" get cleaned up in time for the 2006 season.

Agree with this 100%. I think the Pats REALLY got a screw job from the ref's in the brokebacks game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft