PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Rothlessberger score?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't change the fact that the line judge went against his teachings and reveresed himself only after moving closer to try and see the pile.

Wow............. i guess you can read minds now.............. because you seem to know what this guy thought, when he thought it, and what made him change his mind.

If it wansn't a TD, the replay gave the officiating team the chance to reverse it. The fact that it wasn't reversed should tell you something....... unless you are some bitter steeler hater who can't come to grips with the fact that the steeler are the best team in the NFL.

Not just this play, but all the 'disputed' plays have been looked at over and over agian. Everybody, except for haters agree that the correct calls were made.

Now, there are a lot of people who disagree but these are the haters like yourself.

The facts are the facts and there is nothing you can do to change the facts.

Too bad.

No He Didn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

SteelCity said:
Wow............ he had to think about it for a second........... wow.... its a conspiracy!!!!!

Big deal

It was a close call that was reviewed......... did you hear me............ it was reviewed.

I guess you didn't hear me............. IT WAS REVIEWED.

Is that so tough to understand?

Never said it was a conspiracy, so how about you keep your lies to yourself.

So it was reviewed. The review was INCONCLUSIVE. Is that so hard to understand? The line judge should never have made the call. Is that so hard for you to understand. The call should have been 4th down. PERIOD. Officials are told to ERR on the side of caution. That didn't happen here. Is that so tough for you to understand?

BTW, I find it LAUGHABLE that Steeler fans are using the idea that a play was reviewed to show that a correct call was made when they were the same ones who were up in arms over the blown call on Polamolu's interception against the Colts. You know. The play that was REVIEWED and RULED UPOIN INCORRECTLY.

It amazes me how short their memories are.

Do you happen to have the entire replay of the pass to Jackson? Because, I don't remember Hasselback actually leaving the pocket. He may have gotten near the edge of it, but I don't remember him leaving it.

As a matter of fact, I did see the video and he did leave the pocket.

Also, you do realize that you contradict yourself. If it was hand-fighting, then Jackson shouldn't have been called for a push-off. Hope interfered with Jackson just as they both entered the endzone. And that should have been called if the call on Jackson was going to be made since Hope did interfere with Jackson's route.

I contradict myself???? No, you just don't understand football. Hope is allowed to touch Jackson - which includes the handfighting - once hassleback leaves the pocket. Nevertheless, a receiver is never allowed to push a defender in order to gain separation. That is exactly what happened. Do you understand now? Or are you going to continue to ignore the facts in order to maintain your ridiculous thesis?

Last edited:
SteelCity said:
Wow............. i guess you can read minds now.............. because you seem to know what this guy thought, when he thought it, and what made him change his mind.

If it wansn't a TD, the replay gave the officiating team the chance to reverse it. The fact that it wasn't reversed should tell you something....... unless you are some bitter steeler hater who can't come to grips with the fact that the steeler are the best team in the NFL.

Not just this play, but all the 'disputed' plays have been looked at over and over agian. Everybody, except for haters agree that the correct calls were made.

Now, there are a lot of people who disagree but these are the haters like yourself.

The facts are the facts and there is nothing you can do to change the facts.

Too bad.

SteelCity -
You are obvioulsy mentally challenged. Which is too bad.

1) The official had his arm up signalling a 4th down and only put his other arm up when he was half way to the pile. That's clearly shown in the video.

2) The replay was inconclusive because NONE of the shots clearly showed where the ball was or whether the ball crossed the plane. With how replay works (something you are obvciously new to), if the replay is inconclusive, the call on the field STANDS. That is ALL that the fact that it wasn't over-turned tells me.

3) Its amazing how moron squeeler fans think that it is only haters who think that the officiating was horrible. Sorry, but its only moron squeeler fans who think that the officiating was actually good.

4) Sorry, but you're lying again. Not everyone has agreed that the plays were officiated properly. Nice try though.

5) I am not a Squeeler hater. The fact that you think shows your lack of ability to think logically and rationally. It also shows that any further conversation with a liar like yourself is worthless.

The line judge should never have made the call. Is that so hard for you to understand. The call should have been 4th down. PERIOD. Officials are told to ERR on the side of caution. That didn't happen here. Is that so tough for you to understand?

You can't say what he should have called. If he saw the ball cross the line, then he saw the ball cross the line.

Besides the NFL apologized for making the wrong call on the polamalu int. No such aplology was made in this case becase as demonstrated, no mistake was made.

The only way for you to be correct about what the official should have called is for you to be able to read this guy's mind. That's it.

SteelCity said:
As a matter of fact, I did see the video and he did leave the pocket.

I contradict myself???? No, you just don't understand football. Hope is allowed to touch Jackson - which includes the handfighting - once hassleback leaves the pocket. Nevertheless, a receiver is never allowed to push a defender in order to gain separation. That is exactly what happened. Do you understand now? Or are you going to continue to ignore the facts in order to maintain your ridiculous thesis?

Dude - You've already shown yourself to be a liar, so forgive me if I don't take your word for it. Offer up some video proof.

As for my football knowledge, you'll find that I have a very solid grasp on it. Unlike you, though, I don't go making BS statements that can't be backed up. Like you saying the ball clearly crossed the line when ABSOLUTELY NO VIDEO EVIDENCE supports the claim. All the video evidence is inconclusive at best.

BTW, you're wrong. A receiver can push off a defender if the ball has been tipped previously. So, take your BS and run along.

BTW, you can't prove my thesis to be ridiculous without the video. Unless you can supply that, your claims are the ones that are ridiculous.

I am not a Squeeler hater.

Of course not. I don't find any comtempt for steelers whatsoever in the word 'squeeler'.

Since we like think of ourselves as "logical", you might want to pull out your logic text tonight and find out what a contradiction is. Do you think "i'm not a squeeler hater" would qualify?

What a joke. Thanks for proving my point.

Last edited:
Steelcity's need to defend his team's title is proof of what he knows but can't admit. Why else would he even care about what's said on another team's message board?

SteelCity said:
You can't say what he should have called. If he saw the ball cross the line, then he saw the ball cross the line.

That's just it. Its clear that he did NOT see the ball cross the line. Otherwise, he would have signalled TD right away. NOT run in half way with one arm up (the signal for a new down) before raising the 2nd arm. And YES, I can say what he should have called based on what officials are TAUGHT. Officials are TAUGHT that it is better NOT to make a call than to make an incorrect one. In other words, if you aren't 100% sure, don't make the call.

SteelCity said:
Besides the NFL apologized for making the wrong call on the polamalu int. No such aplology was made in this case becase as demonstrated, no mistake was made.

Just because the NFL didn't issue an apology doesn't mean a mistake wasn't made. There are mistakes made by officials every week that the NFL doesn't issue an apology on. You are really reaching.

SteelCity said:
The only way for you to be correct about what the official should have called is for you to be able to read this guy's mind. That's it.

If that's what you want to delude yourself inot believing, so be it. It won't change the fact that officials are taught to NOT GUESS at what happened during a particular play. They are taught that if you aren't 100% sure of what happened, you err on the side of caution. In other words, the official, who clearly wasn't sure what to call, should not have raised his second arm. He should have stayed with his initial call to mark the ball down. Anyone with a brain can see that he moves at least half way to the pile with 1 arm in the air, as if to mark the ball down, before raising the 2nd arm. THAT is the problem. Why you can't understand that is beyond me. But, then, you are a clearly biased fan you thinks that the NFL officiating was actually good during the SB.

SteelCity said:
Of course not. I don't find any comtempt for steelers whatsoever in the word 'squeeler'.

Since we like think of ourselves as "logical", you might want to pull out your logic text tonight and find out what a contradiction is. Do you think "i'm not a squeeler hater" would qualify?

What a joke. Thanks for proving my point.

*ROFLMAO* Sorry, but I bear no animosity towards the Steelers. Only the Squeeler fans. Yes, SQUEELER FANS. Like yourself, Steelcity. All I proved is that I can't stand biased people who refuse to look beyond their nose.

gopats.jpg
Steelers Suck

With his fame, contract, and after winning the super bowl...you bet Roethelis scored ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News