PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did ESPN accidentally let something slip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. I just cannot see how he goes from leaving Florida for health reasons related to job stress immediately to NFL coordinator. You can say it is less stressful than bearing the weight of the entire organization, but from what has been published far from stress free. Not really family friendly either, which would contradict the "time with the family" justification. Love to see it, just can't see it happening.

I'd think the stress of being a big-time college coach is compounded by off-field responsibilities, chiefly recruiting and PR functions. As an NFL coordinator it would be nothing but football.

Ugh, please BB and Mr. Kraft. O'Brien's over-reliance on the shotgun was bad enough. No more of the Urban Meyer chuck-and-duck please!

Ugh, please BB and Mr. Kraft. O'Brien's over-reliance on the shotgun was bad enough. No more of the Urban Meyer chuck-and-duck please!

Fact of the matter, the shift in the NFL is to more shotgun. The Pats had no problems with the offense in 2007 with a heavy reliance of the shotgun. You can make arguments that O'Brien's play calling left something to be desired, but it wasn't because of the shotgun.

Option offense or not, Meyer puts his players in positions to make plays. The Patriots coaching staff this season hasn't.

Well, the Patriots offensive coaching staff have been taking many of their cues from Meyer the past couple years and that hasn't gone so well. Just because a system works fantastic at the college level doesn't mean it works (or at least works for long until it's figured out) at the pro level. Just ask Steve Spurrier.

IMO, Meyer is like O'Brien cranked up to 11. Exactly the opposite of what I want to see.

Putting aside the already-discussed point that Brady would need to get the high speed knee brace and the light weight body armor to run the option (plus a couple of new legs), I think we're in danger of reading way too much into a conversation that happened between two high profile acquaintances who have both a love of football as well as professional and personal relationships with Bill Belichick in common. If he wanted to talk anything resembling "business" with Meyer, given the Patriots' penchant for secrecy, I'm pretty sure that Bob Kraft had the juice to get a private holding room at the arena for a discrete meeting or he just probably could have afforded to grab a suite at a hotel next door, heck even with room service.

Last edited:
Kraft was at the game at the invitation of John Calipari, who he is friends with and coaches Kentucky. He probably was just saying hello to Meyer, who is friends with Belichick.

Maybe you have just discovered the real story. Kraft is hiring Calipari to coach the Pats!

That is only slightly less likely than Meyer being on the Pats staff next year. Emphasis on slightly - like 0% to .000000000000000001%.

Last edited:
Fla football and Pro Football are worlds apart.

The worst part of this years offense was how predictable and uncreative it was. Meyer 'aint changing a thing. No thanks. Stay friends with BB and that's it.

BB= Favre as Meyer = Rodgers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick