PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dice-K Fenway debu

patsfanofNC12

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I thought he looked pretty good, but not as good as he can be. It didn't help him with Felix Hernandez doing so good, because he had to be compared to him. Also he just has to get use to that Fenway crowd. He had a rough first inning to, but he settled in after that. What did ya'll think about it?

he threw pretty well. He was a little wild, but his first home start will make anyone nervous i would say.

if he can give the sox 7IP with 3 runs or less and 1 BB every time he pitches, I will be happy.
considering that he was little wild and didn't have his best stuff, I was impressed with his poise.

also he will not any games when the offense scores 0 runs:) , and King Felix was awesome last night.

I thought he looked pretty good, but not as good as he can be. It didn't help him with Felix Hernandez doing so good, because he had to be compared to him. Also he just has to get use to that Fenway crowd. He had a rough first inning to, but he settled in after that. What did ya'll think about it?

I thought the ump was squeezing Dice-K all nite. Not too take away from King Felix, who was downright filthy, but I did think the ump gave them consistently inconsistent strike zones - DiceK's strike zone simply was smaller.

The most notable call was when DiceK painted the outside corner for what should have been strike 3 to Lopez in the 5th...a few batters later, its back to back hits for 2 runs. DiceK's line could've easily been 7IP, 1ER.

That said, as Remy pointed out pretty clearly, he was hanging a lot of breaking stuff. But if he went out and pitched 7 innings and gave up 3 runs every game, I think everyone would be quite pleased with that out of his "rookie" season.

Last edited:
If he's pitching like that in cold weather and with a bigger baseball than he's used for the last eight years, I can't wait for warmer weather.

I was satisfied with his performance. Without Felix throwing a one hitter, maybe we could have scored some runs and given him some support.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back