PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dez Bryant to miss 4-6 weeks with broken bone in foot

Status
Not open for further replies.
well there goes my fantasy season.

Have Dez in both my pat's fan leagues. this year feels eerily like last year where my whole team ends up on IR.

One added plus: this will end the threads of "should we have signed Dez instead of Devon".

My first thought too. Last thing he or Dallas needs is an Aaron Dobson scenario. Foot injuries are nothing to **** around with, especially on bigger, explosive players. Give that foot time and make sure you don't do any lasting damage.

Looks like Randy Gregory is out for about that long as well, high ankle sprain.
Gregory was looking solid as a situational pass rusher last night too.

Foot injury...Dallas should look what happened with Dobson when the Patriots rushed him back, 4-6 weeks seems very optimistic for a broken foot.

They should see where they are after 6 weeks or so. If they are behind in the division they should just shut him down for the year.

Foot Injury+WR=trouble

Hate looking ahead but that game is now a Win.:p Oh yeah they have a JE clone on their Team.:cool:

This weeks injuries to Superstars only convinces me of the wisdom of Bill Belichick's coaching and particularly his GM decisions, in a CAP environment.

Other load up with a few Superstars that draw out sized compensation, and then only affordable scrubs; and then are distraught when one gets injured. BB demonstrates that is more economical; but also a winning strategy to afford three good players versus one great Superstar at a position.

Football is a game fraught with injuries, and the 16 to 19 game schedule is a endurance contest as much as anything. It also explains how the Pats teams apparently "get stronger" as the season goes on. Part of it is continued coaching up youngsters, but part is Belichick's teams simply have more good remaining players as the season goes on and the injuries mount and a more complete team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes