PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Devin McCourty contract talks in progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 all the numbers across the board are lower to add to it where was the pass rush?

Lets go with this, in the last 2 AFCCG when Talib went down was McCourty the glue that held the secondary together or did it fall apart? I would suggest that it fell apart. 98.5 the Sports Hub sometime back was debating if McCourty has failed to take that next step and everyone on the show was in agreement that he has not.

So I go to my boss and point out what I did 2.5 years ago to argue for raise and argue why he shouldn't look at last year? Pound sand would be the reply. Well I am in a police union to so there is no begging for a raise.

Lets see if maybe I use smaller sentences to describe why your "stats" from 2010, 2011, and ~half of 2012 don't apply.

HE. PLAYED. CORNER. IN. THOSE. SEASONS, YOU. ARE. COMPARING. THE. NUMBERS. TO. WHEN. HE. PLAYED. A. DIFFERENT. POSITION.

Why is this so difficult to grasp that playing 2 different roles in a defense will lead to different statistics, which by the way, are an awful was to judge a players performance at a position like corner, safety, dt, lb, de.

Edit: can you also stop quoting my same post multiple times to reply to it different, and stop quoting yourself without posting anything, theres an edit button.

When the arguments are nonsensical, the arguer is a knucklehead.

No this is according to you.

If the NFL players/coaches/analysts, etc. agreed with your position, you might be right, but since they don't...

Start with the difference between a strong safety and a free safety and work backwards from there.
Lets see if maybe I use smaller sentences to describe why your "stats" from 2010, 2011, and ~half of 2012 don't apply.

HE. PLAYED. CORNER. IN. THOSE. SEASONS, YOU. ARE. COMPARING. THE. NUMBERS. TO. WHEN. HE. PLAYED. A. DIFFERENT. POSITION.

Why is this so difficult to grasp that playing 2 different roles in a defense will lead to different statistics, which by the way, are an awful was to judge a players performance at a position like corner, safety, dt, lb, de.

I agree he played DB 2010 and 2011. So when you fail as a DB that is not decline? He failed bud and gave up the most yards by a DB in the history of the NFL. 2010 7 INTs then the decline to 2 and a position change due to decline. 2013 5 INTS and now the decline to 2013 with 1. Decline is decline.

I agree he played DB 2010 and 2011. So when you fail as a DB that is not decline? He failed bud and gave up the most yards by a DB in the history of the NFL. 2010 7 INTs then the decline to 2 and a position change due to decline. 2013 5 INTS and now the decline to 2013 with 1. Decline is decline.

2011 was his only down-season. He was a probowler and all pro in 2010, played at an all pro level at both cb and s in 2012, and was an all-pro at S in 2013, quite a decline.

You're wrong.

Stop.

And technically he wasn't an all-pro at safety in 2012, even if he played like one, yet in 2013 he was an all-pro, that would suggest an improvement, not a decline.

You must be a big fan of madden if number of INTs = how good you are. Arrington was the best corner in the NFL in 2011 I guess.

nevermind_nathan_fillion.gif

I'll end it on this note. I hope the guy is all world next year and proves me wrong. I will have no problem admitting it and if he is as good as you all think then great for him and I hope he gets the money.

Got to run me and the wife don't get many days off together and she wants to go out to lunch.

basically what he is saying is that Michael jordan was on teh decline as a basket ball player that year he was "retired" to play baseball.

I'll end it on this note. I hope the guy is all world next year and proves me wrong. I will have no problem admitting and if he is as good as you all thing then great for him and I hope he gets the money.

He was all-pro last year. If you can't admit it now there is no hope for you. Sorry....And you have been proven wrong about a 100 times in this thread alone.

He will get what an elite Free Safety will get assuming he continues his current play. If you dont understand what that is then its your problem. Maybe you can send Rodney an email and ask him.

He was all-pro last year. If you can't admit it now there is no hope for you. Sorry....And you have been proven wrong about a 100 times in this thread alone.

He will get what an elite Free Safety will get assuming he continues his current play. If you dont understand what that is then its your problem. Maybe you can send Rodney an email and ask him.

Nothing to admit now and would disagree on being proven wrong. I am pretty entrenched on my position at this point. Not a problem it is called a position. Would love to hear from Rodney. This is called not taking myself too seriously.

I am kind of confused I am talking about McCourty and I am told I am stupid and have character problems. I think we would all agree here its about football and not personal, right?

If I have so called character problems then they messed up letting me on the presidents protection duty and Air Force 1. Letting me around nuclear weapons and on a special SWAT team. They messed up after my time in the military to be hired as a police officer. They messed up letting me graduate college with honors. Well my wife messed up because she too graduated from college and she ended up with me. She must have character problems too because I don't think she even knows who McCourty is. I yelled in the other room and told her she has character problems because she doesn't know McCourty's name. She is an accountant and does very well, but she doesn't know McCourty so she now has character problems.

Who knew that someone could figure that all out by talking about McCourty.

I find it crazy that if you don't agree on a FOOTBALL PLAYER then your a failure at life.

Last edited:
Apples to oranges

I guess you are right, kind of like conflating McCourty's numbers at CB with those at Safety.

Great point.

Revis still sucks though, only one play-off interception, what a bust.

...I give up, you're honestly an idiot.

I think you've earned the title of the first person I've ever called an idiot on this forum in 4 years.

Wow.

Your ignore list must be huge.

Nothing to admit now and would disagree on being proven wrong. I am pretty entrenched on my position at this point. Not a problem is called a position. Would love to hear from Rodney. This is called not taking myself too seriously.

I am kind of confused I am talking about McCourty and I am told I am stupid and have character problems. I think we would all agree here its about football and not personal, right?

Well, ok, if 20 people have SHOWN you why you are wrong, and you cant grasp it, it just keep re-enforcing what everyone is telling you.

Being entrenched in nonsense is still nonsense.

Also, I am confused too. You say this is about football. What was all the SARS talk with Jack Bauer? What does that have to do with Football? Sounds like you were just taking a shot at him and his avatar which you commented on twice.

That's football?

This one is called "moving the goalposts".

Nothing to admit now and would disagree on being proven wrong. I am pretty entrenched on my position at this point. Not a problem it is called a position. Would love to hear from Rodney. This is called not taking myself too seriously.

Could you please at least try to make an argument that's not completely ridiculous? We'd all be much obliged.

PATS68, when it's more than just the forum homers jumping on you, it's usually a sign that you may want to re-think your position.

If I have so called character problems then they messed up letting me on the presidents protection duty and Air Force 1. Letting me around nuclear weapons and on a special SWAT team. They messed up after my time in the military to be hired as a police officer. They messed up letting me graduate college with honors.

It's not like they don't make mistakes, I never should have been in charge of negotiations over the future of the moon or the final design of the Jupiter Orbiter. And i still cannot figure out why I was expected to take a bullet for W all those years, i didn't even like the guy. However they did get it right when they put me in charge of saving the country from default and the nuclear proliferation negotiations, that was really no sweat and didn't even interrupt my time at the titty bar.

If I have so called character problems then they messed up letting me on the presidents protection duty and Air Force 1. Letting me around nuclear weapons and on a special SWAT team. They messed up after my time in the military to be hired as a police officer. They messed up letting me graduate college with honors.

Somebody has two usernames, Amendola is in deep sh.t now............................

I guess you are right, kind of like conflating McCourty's numbers at CB with those at Safety.

Great point.

Revis still sucks though, only one play-off interception, what a bust.

No a once in a life time player vs everyone else.

It's not like they don't make mistakes, I never should have been in charge of negotiations over the future of the moon or the final design of the Jupiter Orbiter. And i still cannot figure out why I was expected to take a bullet for W all those years, i didn't even like the guy. However they did get it right when they put me in charge of saving the country from default and the nuclear proliferation negotiations, that was really no sweat and didn't even interrupt my time at the titty bar.

FTR-My recommendation on the moon was to scrap it, we can just use really big spotlights to put a bright spot up there whenever we please, no need to be on some rock's time schedule. All that keeping the earth on its axis stuff is just a bunch of hooey. That's right, I said hooey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe