PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Devin McCourty contract talks in progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nor could he write a post that wasn't twenty lines in a single paragraph.
I'm also relatively positive the guy in his profile pic wasn't him. That picture looked like it was taken in the year 2000 too.

2013 all the numbers across the board are lower to add to it where was the pass rush?

Lets go with this, in the last 2 AFCCG when Talib went down was McCourty the glue that held the secondary together or did it fall apart? I would suggest that it fell apart. 98.5 the Sports Hub sometime back was debating if McCourty has failed to take that next step and everyone on the show was in agreement that he has not.
This post here is SO wrong on SO many levels. But what's amazing is that you have several posts that are equally flawed. You have stubbornly held to a position that is impossible to defend other than by using the, "I'm right, your wrong, NAHNAHNAHNAHNA" defense.

WFT - Did you expect McCourty to suddenly be able to defend BOTH the S and CB positions after Talib went out with injuries??. BTW-who just who was the "mediot" on the "Sports HuB" who suggested McCourty HADN'T made the step to the next level. A level just about everyone else on the planet agrees he's reached..,, or are you hearing things now.

P68- Its OK to have your own opinion. Its OK to defend it.....but you are doing it blindly, defying every attempt correct the errors of your position. That's no healthy.

If its true that you are a police officer scares the sh!t of me. The thought that you are somewhere on the streets carrying a loaded gun is frightening. Given this example of such faulty logic, combined with the poor wisdom to try and defend it so poorly for so long, makes me wonder about your decision making ability.

Do me and the rest of the board a favor and let us know where you are currently working, so we can all avoid it for our own safety.

P

I'm also relatively positive the guy in his profile pic wasn't him. That picture looked like it was taken in the year 2000 too.

Since everyone is referring to him in the past tense, I assume he was banned?

Since everyone is referring to him in the past tense, I assume he was banned?

I figured him for a troll.. just way too many little indicators.. but once he started in on Belichick having let the game pass him by I made up my mind.

And for something completely silly.. EDIT: (just having fun not being serious)
I want to know why we never saw Deus and Gymrat on at the same time? :D

Last edited:
I figured him for a troll.. just way too many little indicators.. but once he started in on Belichick having let the game pass him by I made up my mind.

And for something completely silly..
And I want to know why we never saw Deus and Gymrat on at the same time? :D

Whats with that?

Oh god, I have my tiffs with Deus like anybody else, but I'd take him 100 times out of 100 over Benchy-Abs McDudebro.

Oh god, I have my tiffs with Deus like anybody else, but I'd take him 100 times out of 100 over Benchy-Abs McDudebro.

I take Deus' rigidity and condescension more personal than most (that combination is a pet peeve of mine ) and I'd agree with your statement 100%... but Gymrat did come AND go during the span of Deus' annual post-draft boycott/vacation. ;)

Last edited:
How the hell did my name get involved here?

Isolated events of overpaying do not equal market values. If they did, all premier DE/DL would want $100 mill deals. Just because something can be purchased for a higher amount, doesn't make it worth that amount, nor does it set the market value for it. A $1 hershey bars market value is $1, not $20 if some fat kid desperately wants it.

HERSHEY BARS HERSHEY BARS

tumblr_moidur9cy01s917bwo1_400.gif

This post here is SO wrong on SO many levels. But what's amazing is that you have several posts that are equally flawed. You have stubbornly held to a position that is impossible to defend other than by using the, "I'm right, your wrong, NAHNAHNAHNAHNA" defense.

WFT - Did you expect McCourty to suddenly be able to defend BOTH the S and CB positions after Talib went out with injuries??. BTW-who just who was the "mediot" on the "Sports HuB" who suggested McCourty HADN'T made the step to the next level. A level just about everyone else on the planet agrees he's reached..,, or are you hearing things now.

P68- Its OK to have your own opinion. Its OK to defend it.....but you are doing it blindly, defying every attempt correct the errors of your position. That's no healthy.

If its true that you are a police officer scares the sh!t of me. The thought that you are somewhere on the streets carrying a loaded gun is frightening. Given this example of such faulty logic, combined with the poor wisdom to try and defend it so poorly for so long, makes me wonder about your decision making ability.

Do me and the rest of the board a favor and let us know where you are currently working, so we can all avoid it for our own safety.

P
Eh, this is pretty unnecessary.

How the hell did my name get involved here?
You probably have him on ignore, but Danger Zone said he thinks you might have been Gymrat. Gymrat was this toolbag who thought all of our players were fat and would be that much better if they were more ripped like he was. Not sure if Danger's joking or serious (I think joking, but he really seems to hate you).

Gymrat wasnt ripped. He was just a toolbag as stated.

You probably have him on ignore, but Danger Zone said he thinks you might have been Gymrat. Gymrat was this toolbag who thought all of our players were fat and would be that much better if they were more ripped like he was. Not sure if Danger's joking or serious (I think joking, but he really seems to hate you).

Thanks for the answer.

No, I wasn't gym rat, whoever that was (I don't recall reading any of his/her posts). I've never had any screen name, or account, here besides this one. Regarding Danger Zone: maybe he'll figure out that the new ignore makes him even more invisible than before, and move on with his life.

Eh, this is pretty unnecessary.
Yeah, maybe a little over the top at the end, Kontra, but in the first part I was just responding to a few of his more ludicrous comments.

At any rate, its not his belief that McCourty isn't an elite safety. I can deal with someone's subjective opinion when it differs from mine. That's why they call it "subjective". But this guy was telling us that black was white for 2 pages. :eek: '

Then he tries to defend us by giving us a biography that includes the fact that he's a cop. Think about it....a guy who has seemingly carried on a delusional argument for more than 2 pages.... carries a gun for a living. :eek: It would be funny if it wasn't a BIT scary.

Thanks for the answer.

No, I wasn't gym rat, whoever that was (I don't recall reading any of his/her posts). I've never had any screen name, or account, here besides this one. Regarding Danger Zone: maybe he'll figure out that the new ignore makes him even more invisible than before, and move on with his life.

Haha, sorry, not knowing who you had on ignore, I'm sure my comment seemed like the definition of "Out of left field".

Haha, sorry, not knowing who you had on ignore, I'm sure my comment seemed like the definition of "Out of left field".

No problem at all. I figured it was either something like what went down, or something directly related to that gym rat discussion (or whatever that was) that I hadn't seen. That's why I didn't quote you on it. That's why I didn't quote you on it. I didn't want you to think I was nipping at you.

Yeah, maybe a little over the top at the end, Kontra, but in the first part I was just responding to a few of his more ludicrous comments.

At any rate, its not his belief that McCourty isn't an elite safety. I can deal with someone's subjective opinion when it differs from mine. That's why they call it "subjective". But this guy was telling us that black was white for 2 pages. :eek: '

Then he tries to defend us by giving us a biography that includes the fact that he's a cop. Think about it....a guy who has seemingly carried on a delusional argument for more than 2 pages.... carries a gun for a living. :eek: It would be funny if it wasn't a BIT scary.
His arguments about McCourty have been non-sensical at best. I doubt he'll be back. He's been pretty thoroughly driven into the ground. Like I said to him, when it's not just homers jumping all over you, it might be time to re-think your position. ;)

His arguments about McCourty have been non-sensical at best. I doubt he'll be back. He's been pretty thoroughly driven into the ground. Like I said to him, when it's not just homers jumping all over you, it might be time to re-think your position. ;)

Not sure whether he's legitimately slow or a troll. If it's the latter, I have to say, he's one of the better ones we've had recently.

Not sure whether he's legitimately slow or a troll. If it's the latter, I have to say, he's one of the better ones we've had recently.
I honestly would say neither of the above. Think back to 2011-2012. There were three camps on this forum when it came to McCourty:

1. The camp that thought he could and did excel at DB no matter if he lined up at CB or FS.

2. The camp that thought he was a waste and sucked at DB no matter if he lined up at CB or FS.

3. The camp that thought he was not a very good press man corner but, due to his skills when his head was turned toward the ball, thought he would be (and is) a good safety.

I suspect that the culprit of this thread fell into Camp #2.

That could have been summed up in more accurate and less soft-ball kind of way.

I dont hate Deus.. but I hate the way he treats people when he smells the opportunity to flex a little or the mood strikes him.

And I think he deserves having other adults call him out on it.

All that said, of course I was joking. Gymrat is about as opposite Deus intellectually as you could expect to find. Hence the expectation that others would know it for being a joke.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye