PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Devastating assessment of Tebow's fitness to play in the NFL, CFL or Arena Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Devastating assessment of Tebow's fitness to play in the NFL, CFL or Arena Footba

... seriously? :bricks:

I don't get how people don't see him/her/it for what it is.. obvious troll is obvious.

Attachments

• img3.jpg
    img3.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 53
Re: Devastating assessment of Tebow's fitness to play in the NFL, CFL or Arena Footba

But, the other side of the coin is that perhaps one shouldn't make such overarching, hyperbolic statements like a 5 year old would make ?
Saying there's more NFL talent in the SEC than in the CFL is an overarching, hyperbolic statement that a 5 year old would make?

Hmmmmmmmmmm...... not sure I agree with you there.

But, the other side of the coin is that perhaps one shouldn't make such overarching, hyperbolic statements like a 5 year old would make ?

This is a joke right? It's hardly hyperbole. The poster said zero and so far I have heard 3 (Wake, Browner, and Armstead). Of those, 2 have actually played in games.

You are talking about less than 1% of CFLers making it to the NFL. So whatever, maybe it's 0.43% of players there could make it in the NFL. If the number starts with zero, I'm going to err on the side of the guy who is making the point that there is more NFL caliber defensive talent in the SEC than there is in the CFL.

Tebow played against many more NFL quality defenders in college than he would in the CFL. That's just a simple fact.

Now do I think that Tebow would dominate the CFL? Not really. There's so much more turf there for him to hit.

Saying there's more NFL talent in the SEC than in the CFL is an overarching, hyperbolic statement that a 5 year old would make?

Hmmmmmmmmmm...... not sure I agree with you there.

Yeah, what he said.

This is a joke right? It's hardly hyperbole. The poster said zero and so far I have heard 3 (Wake, Browner, and Armstead). Of those, 2 have actually played in games.

You are talking about less than 1% of CFLers making it to the NFL. So whatever, maybe it's 0.43% of players there could make it in the NFL. If the number starts with zero, I'm going to err on the side of the guy who is making the point that there is more NFL caliber defensive talent in the SEC than there is in the CFL.

Tebow played against many more NFL quality defenders in college than he would in the CFL. That's just a simple fact.

Now do I think that Tebow would dominate the CFL? Not really. There's so much more turf there for him to hit.

"Tebow played against many more NFL quality defenders in college than he would in the CFL. That's just a simple fact."

Not a fact at all, and he played against a whole lot of defenders who could never sniff at making the CFL.

There about 1700 players who are in the NFL. There is close to 400 in the CFL. That's around 2100 professional players.

There is roughly 65,000 players in NCAA div 1 football. So out of 65,000 college players, only 2100 or so go on to a pro league, while close to 63,000 will be at home watching games on TV after college. The CFL guys are just a notch below NFL, and it's very unlikely any SEC team could beat a CFL team. They might have a few NFL quality players, but the majority of their players are not good enough to be playing football after college. Remember good NFL players like Ricky Williams who could play in the NFL were a bust in the CFL.

"Tebow played against many more NFL quality defenders in college than he would in the CFL. That's just a simple fact."

Not a fact at all, and he played against a whole lot of defenders who could never sniff at making the CFL.

There about 1700 players who are in the NFL. There is close to 400 in the CFL. That's around 2100 professional players.

There is roughly 65,000 players in NCAA div 1 football.
Whuh huh? There are about 120 Division 1-A (FBS) programs and about 120 Division 1-AA (FCS) programs. Now I don't know exactly how many players that translates to, but it sure ain't 65,000.
So out of 65,000 college players, only 2100 or so go on to a pro league, while close to 63,000 will be at home watching games on TV after college. The CFL guys are just a notch below NFL, and it's very unlikely any SEC team could beat a CFL team. They might have a few NFL quality players, but the majority of their players are not good enough to be playing football after college. Remember good NFL players like Ricky Williams who could play in the NFL were a bust in the CFL.
Tebow didn't play in a conference with Delaware State or Wofford. He played - and dominated - in the best conference in college football, the SEC.

There are 8 teams in the CFL. There are 7 teams in the SEC East. And I would gladly bet anything that there are at least 15 times more people currently playing in the SEC East that will one day be in the NFL than currently playing in the CFL who will in the future move up into the NFL.

Ain't no Jadeveon Clowney playing in the CFL, that's for sure.

There is roughly 65,000 players in NCAA div 1 football. So out of 65,000 college players, only 2100 or so go on to a pro league, while close to 63,000 will be at home watching games on TV after college. The CFL guys are just a notch below NFL, and it's very unlikely any SEC team could beat a CFL team. They might have a few NFL quality players, but the majority of their players are not good enough to be playing football after college. Remember good NFL players like Ricky Williams who could play in the NFL were a bust in the CFL.

Actually it is a fact. It is also a fact that many Div 1 college players couldn't make the CFL. Those 2 facts are mutually exclusive.

As for CFL vs SEC teams? I never said SEC would beat a CFL team. I just think getting on somebody for saying 0 and coming back with 2 or maybe 3 is dumb.

I think you need to look up what best and elite mean. I moved to boulder in August of 2011, watched Orton stink it up, them watched tebows run first hand. I have to say I neither like nor dislike tebow, nor do I root for or against him but to say with a straight face no less he was "Arguably the best QB in 11 or played at an elite level" is hogwash. He finished in the high 20's in every category that a QB is measured by, his teams averaged 17 ppg, and he also ended the season going the 1-4 you so proudly crow about him starting from.

He was never elite at any time in any game except maybe the steelers.

Great kid. Mediocre at best QB

I watched the Tebow run in 2011 first hand too I bought Sunday Ticket when it became clear he was the starter in Denver. You can play with the stats all you want the only real stat that matters is wins and losses and Tebow won the games that mattered and got his team into the playoffs and oh btw won a game there too beating an elite Steelers defense.

Great kid. Potentially very good NFL QB who just needs a chance and the Patriots organization is handling him with class.

Lets not forget the fact that no matter how good the players are in the SEC they are still kids. Just because the player was drafted and developed into a All Pro doesn't mean he was playing at an All Pro level in college. There is still a huge gulf in talent there. Would you rather have 19 year old Jerod Mayo or 27 year old Jerod Mayo??

Lets not forget the fact that no matter how good the players are in the SEC they are still kids. Just because the player was drafted and developed into a All Pro doesn't mean he was playing at an All Pro level in college. There is still a huge gulf in talent there. Would you rather have 19 year old Jerod Mayo or 27 year old Jerod Mayo??
I'd rather have a 27 year old Jerod Mayo than a 19 year old Jerod Mayo. But I'd rather have a 19 year old Jerod Mayo than just about anybody in the CFL.

I think you need to look up what best and elite mean. I moved to boulder in August of 2011, watched Orton stink it up, them watched tebows run first hand. I have to say I neither like nor dislike tebow, nor do I root for or against him but to say with a straight face no less he was "Arguably the best QB in 11 or played at an elite level" is hogwash. He finished in the high 20's in every category that a QB is measured by, his teams averaged 17 ppg, and he also ended the season going the 1-4 you so proudly crow about him starting from.

He was never elite at any time in any game except maybe the steelers.

Great kid. Mediocre at best QB

Detpatsfan is NOT a Tebow fan! Geeez ! He's pretending to be one to drive a bunch of you crazy

He's a Jets fan from thier boards .

Mike Freeman has published a devastating article on Tebow's ability to play a QB or any position other than blocker in the NFL, CFL or even arena League Football.

Scouts' Honor: Tim Tebow Not Fit for NFL, CFL, or Arena League, Unless...
Scouts' Honor: Tim Tebow Not Fit for NFL, CFL, or Arena League, Unless... | Bleacher Report

"Tebow's skills have eroded so quickly, so shockingly fast—think heavy boulder dropped from low orbit—that it has actually stunned several scouts who have watched him closely for years."

"The reason why is speed..............That lack of speed is evident in three critical phases of Tebow’s game: His throwing motion, his mental acuity and his ability to avoid tacklers."

Freeman adds: "Patriots coach Bill Belichick says Tebow is improving, but no one believes that. There's no way even Belichick believes that. Barring a transplant of Bart Starr's mitochondria into Tebow’s synapses, what we are seeing with Tebow is the end."

Wow. Tell us how u really think!

What do u think? Is BB an outlier in his assessment of Tebow?

Reading a story explaining why Tebow is terrible is like reading a story explaining why water is wet...you already know the answer before you read the first word.

Reading a story explaining why Tebow is terrible is like reading a story explaining why water is wet...you already know the answer before you read the first word.

picard_facepalm_by_nocturnalmarauder-d661t3i.jpg

If thinking that Tebow is an abysmal QB equates to a lack of intelligence then yes...I am a proud moron.

From what I know of the CFL it's a completely different game.

Bigger field, 3 downs, single point on touchback and missed FG (can you imagine how much this would eff up the NFL if this was implemented here?), mandatory 1 yard "neutral zone", no fair catch, all-in-motion, clock stops after every play under 3 minutes, etc.

There is way more talent in the NFL but there have been NFL stars like Ricky Williams who have gone up there and underwhelmed. Just a different game...

I guess there has been CFL-NFL exhibition games in the 50's and 60s. Not surprisingly the NFL is unbeaten against the CFL and won comfortably every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back