PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Devastating assessment of Tebow's fitness to play in the NFL, CFL or Arena Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Devastating assessment of Tebow's fitness to play in the NFL, CFL or Arena Footba

Mike Freeman has published a devastating article on Tebow's ability to play a QB or any position other than blocker in the NFL, CFL or even arena League Football.

Scouts' Honor: Tim Tebow Not Fit for NFL, CFL, or Arena League, Unless...
Scouts' Honor: Tim Tebow Not Fit for NFL, CFL, or Arena League, Unless... | Bleacher Report

"Tebow's skills have eroded so quickly, so shockingly fast—think heavy boulder dropped from low orbit—that it has actually stunned several scouts who have watched him closely for years."

"The reason why is speed..............That lack of speed is evident in three critical phases of Tebow’s game: His throwing motion, his mental acuity and his ability to avoid tacklers."

Freeman adds: "Patriots coach Bill Belichick says Tebow is improving, but no one believes that. There's no way even Belichick believes that. Barring a transplant of Bart Starr's mitochondria into Tebow’s synapses, what we are seeing with Tebow is the end."

Wow. Tell us how u really think!

What do u think? Is BB an outlier in his assessment of Tebow?

This guy needs to go back to high school biology class. Mitochondria in relation to synapses??? Yowza.

Re: Devastating assessment of Tebow's fitness to play in the NFL, CFL or Arena Footba

c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg

Looks like we better cut Armstead and the Dolphins better cut Cameron Wake.
Are those guys currently in the CFL? No? I rest my case.

I came, for the "Devastation", but all I left with was "Bleacher Report".

Very unsatisfied, I am.

Are those guys currently in the CFL? No? I rest my case.

They came to the NFL from the... wait for it... CFL. So your premise is flawed. Have fun moving those goalposts in your response to me.

They came to the NFL from the... wait for it... CFL. So your premise is flawed. Have fun moving those goalposts in your response to me.
Good Lord, it isn't about moving the goalposts, it's about the fact that I didn't think I had to explain and parse every single word like I was talking to a 5 year old.

I didn't mean that there is LITERALLY absolutely no NFL talent ANYWHERE in the ENTIRE CFL. But fact is the average CFLer is simply not up to NFL par. And I'll tell you this: there's more NFL caliber talent on the average SEC team than on the average CFL team.

Is that good enough for you, or do you still have a problem with what I wrote?

In his 3 years as a full time starter in college, he averaged just under 3,000 yards passing per season. He easily could have averaged more if he wasn't also such a talented runner. Obviously the guy has the ability to complete passes.

Oh, but I guess we throw 3 years out the window because he had a bad half in a preseason game against Tampa. :rolleyes:

Exactly. The Tim Tebow haters dismiss his career in college in which he was arguably the best qb ever and then dismiss 2011 when he was arguably one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL, played at an elite level and got the Broncos into the playoffs after starting out 1-4.

Tebow is way too slow for the NFL, but I'm sure he'd do fine in a lesser league.

Good Lord, it isn't about moving the goalposts, it's about the fact that I didn't think I had to explain and parse every single word like I was talking to a 5 year old.

I didn't mean that there is LITERALLY absolutely no NFL talent ANYWHERE in the ENTIRE CFL. But fact is the average CFLer is simply not up to NFL par. And I'll tell you this: there's more NFL caliber talent on the average SEC team than on the average CFL team.

Is that good enough for you, or do you still have a problem with what I wrote?

What you originally wrote...

Because the talent level in the CFL is very much on par with the talent level at a top Division 1 football program, and Tebow dominated when he was playing against those programs.

In fact in the CFL, unlike the typical SEC team, there is nobody on defense with NFL talent.

Not true. He cannot run in the NFL - at least not with any regularity or consistent success. NFL defensive lineman are too strong for him to run through and too fast for him to run around. Playing in Canada would be much more like the game he played at Florida.
A mobile QB can buy time and dominate the CFL. That's why Doug Flutie is arguably the greatest CFLer in history, but mediocre in the NFL.

...like I said, moving the goalposts.

I dont even care about tebow at this point, he will be cut. However I am completely fascinated by the people who are still here trying to defend him and make excuses after what they've been seeing. It's like sitting in a bar watching a guy get punched in the face 17 times trying to decide if the guy hitting him is pissed off at him for something.

As someone who could actually care less; your post is rather fascinating.

If you actually bothered to actually watch anything....you could have actually realized that Tebow has actually played in the league (note he did play for Denver) and actually played QB and actually won games.

Actually, he has actually won more playoff games in a Denver uniform than Peyton Manning. (Yeah that actually happened and is actually true)

Based on actual events, one has to conclude why you don't actually accept these actual events and find yourself "fascinated" by some non actual mindset.

Exactly. The Tim Tebow haters dismiss his career in college in which he was arguably the best qb ever and then dismiss 2011 when he was arguably one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL, played at an elite level and got the Broncos into the playoffs after starting out 1-4.

This isn't soley tied to Tebow, that's the point you're missing. If Brady suddenly starts throwing the ball erratically and turning the ball over deep in their own territory and finishing games 1-of-7 for -1 yards with an interception, being unable to throw for a 1st down on 3rd down (which Tebow still hasn't done to this point and only has 2 conversions), I'm pretty sure people will quickly forget about the three Super Bowl championships, the undefeated regular season, league MVP, and the other accolades he has and will be calling for someone else too. :)

Last edited:

This isn't soley tied to Tebow, that's the point you're missing. If Brady suddenly starts throwing the ball erratically and turning the ball over deep in their own territory and finishing games 1-of-7 for -1 yards with an interception, being unable to throw for a 1st down on 3rd down (which Tebow still hasn't done to this point and only has 2 conversions), I'm pretty sure people will quickly forget about the three Super Bowl championships, the undefeated regular season, league MVP, and the other accolades he has and will be calling for someone else too. :)

And if you needed evidence that Patriot fans were stupid and fickle, that would be it -basing an entire evaluation on a few quarters of pre-season play.

I think you need to look up what best and elite mean. I moved to boulder in August of 2011, watched Orton stink it up, them watched tebows run first hand. I have to say I neither like nor dislike tebow, nor do I root for or against him but to say with a straight face no less he was "Arguably the best QB in 11 or played at an elite level" is hogwash. He finished in the high 20's in every category that a QB is measured by, his teams averaged 17 ppg, and he also ended the season going the 1-4 you so proudly crow about him starting from.

He was never elite at any time in any game except maybe the steelers.

Great kid. Mediocre at best QB

And if you needed evidence that Patriot fans were stupid and fickle, that would be it -basing an entire evaluation on a few quarters of pre-season play.

If he looked as bad in the first game as Tebow did and then regressed the way Tebow did last week, I'm pretty sure we'd all be a little worried - and Brady's body of work is much longer and more impressive than Tebow's. I think we'd all start wondering if it was time for Mallett to take over.

It's not being stupid or fickle - it's just being honest and realistic.

What you originally wrote...

...like I said, moving the goalposts.
Like I said, I didn't realize I would have to parse everything I wrote like I was talking to a 5 year old who would take everything literally.

But, after I clarified my remarks, I notice you offer no disagreement, so we seem to be on the same page once we get past you taking a statement literally when it was clearly not meant to be taken as such.

As someone who could actually care less; your post is rather fascinating.

If you actually bothered to actually watch anything....you could have actually realized that Tebow has actually played in the league (note he did play for Denver) and actually played QB and actually won games.

Actually, he has actually won more playoff games in a Denver uniform than Peyton Manning. (Yeah that actually happened and is actually true)

Based on actual events, one has to conclude why you don't actually accept these actual events and find yourself "fascinated" by some non actual mindset.
+1. I swear, I think some people believe the guy's entire football life began the day he was signed by the Patriots.

Like I said, I didn't realize I would have to parse everything I wrote like I was talking to a 5 year old who would take everything literally.

But, after I clarified my remarks, I notice you offer no disagreement, so we seem to be on the same page once we get past you taking a statement literally when it was clearly not meant to be taken as such.

I think Tebow can have some success in the CFL. That level of success would be predicated on whether or not he could improve an inkling as a pocket passer, but some success nevertheless.

I took issue with you trying to make a point that not a single defense in the CFL has an NFL caliber player, to which I pointed out that your premise was flawed. Your first sentence in this response tells me that you're angry that you got caught with your pants down, and know that you were wrong in that premise. It happens to all of us from time to time. Previously, you attempted to move the goalposts when that wasn't your original assertion at all.

But, the other side of the coin is that perhaps one shouldn't make such overarching, hyperbolic statements like a 5 year old would make ?

this is the nfl, you come in with something new people arent used to seeing and you do ok for a while, until someone comes along, figures you out and shuts you down, then everyone copy's the recipe and you are toast, has happened to many players over the years, clearly has happened here.

PS.I can't even imagine who was trying to argue he was one of the best qb's in the league in denver, unless you were arguing with a mirror. The man once completed only two passes in an entire nfl game. Do you understand how hard that is to accomplish? you could drag brady or manning into a bar at 8am, pound tequila down eithers throat until 12:30pm, suit them up and put them on the field at 1pm and by 4pm you'd easily have more then a pair of friggin completions. You are high.

It's Mike Freeman. We can't stand the guy when he's making sensationalist, ill-informed arguments about all of the other Patriots, certainly not going to assign him any credibility now.

... seriously? :bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back