PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Devastating assessment of Tebow's fitness to play in the NFL, CFL or Arena Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Devastating assessment of Tebow's fitness to play in the NFL, CFL or Arena Footba

The only devastating thng I see is this poor writer being banished to bleacher report .

Re: Devastating assessment of Tebow's fitness to play in the NFL, CFL or Arena Footba

Cfl is a throwing league. Lots of passing. Tebow can't throw.
He threw well enough to win a Heisman and a National Championship.

Tebow would succeed in the CFL because, as in college, he would be the most athletic, talented guy on the field. He doesn't succeed in the NFL because, unlike college, the defenders are as fast as he is.

Being up here in Canada, I could tell you he would struggle. The wider field calls for a strong, accurate arm. The 12th player on the field creates different defensive looks and formations that require QBs to be able to read and react to what the defenses are giving them. Each Canadian team has a quota of Canadian players, many of whom are Offensive linemen who dont match up well with american DL. QBs have LESS time to make a read and make a throw than in the NFL. You just dont see the 7-8 seconds in the pocket that we see on occasion in the nfl. Not only would he be a poor fit, I would dare to say that it would be a worse fit than the nfl.
The boldened part of your statement pretty much eliminates any credibility you may try to claim on the matter.

There are apparently several people in this thread who are completely unaware that, in college, Tebow averaged about 3000 yards passing per season.

Either they are completely unaware, or they just want to throw it all out because of a few bad plays in the second half of a preseason game against Tampa Bay.

Saying he isn't NFL material is legit criticism but when someone says he couldn't even succeed in the CFL, then I have to question that person's intelligence. Tebow, like so many other mobile quarterbacks who excelled in college, would excell in the CFL.

I'm sorry, but Tebow may be a worse fit for the CFL than the NFL. As pointed out, it is a passing league. It also has a much bigger field which will expose his inaccuracy even more.

There are apparently several people in this thread who are completely unaware that, in college, Tebow averaged about 3000 yards passing per season.

Either they are completely unaware, or they just want to throw it all out because of a few bad plays in the second half of a preseason game against Tampa Bay.

1/7 -1 yards 1 int.

1/7 -1 yards 1 int.

What really? There might be a football fan in Russia that didn't hear that.
:rolleyes:

What really? There might be a football fan in Russia that didn't hear that.
:rolleyes:

Nah man, even in russia they know tebow isnt good enough to play professional football as a qb.

I heard the packers need a running back.

Nah man, even in russia they know tebow isnt good enough to play professional football as a qb.

I heard the packers need a running back.

In Soviet Russia football passes you!

in 2008 Cassel was a 55% passer through 4 games

Right now tebow is sitting at 26.3% Cassel completed more passes in each of his last 3 games(he only attempted 4 in very short work during the first week) individually, then tebow has completed through 2 games combined.

Tebow played over 2 quarters and through for -1 yard.

Comparing Tebow to Cassel(2008) is like comparing catfood to filet migon from the old country buffet, its not very good, but its still way better then catfood.

I don't disagree. I don't think Tebow belongs on the team. But that was Cassel's four year in the system. Tebow is in his first. Doesn't make up for the fact that he isn't good. Just making the point that the writer isn't trying to be especially balanced. He's just acknowledging supporting evidence without mentioning contraindications. But no need to :deadhorse: at this point. It is what it is.

:eat3:

I don't disagree. I don't think Tebow belongs on the team. But that was Cassel's four year in the system. Tebow is in his first. Doesn't make up for the fact that he isn't good. Just making the point that the writer isn't trying to be especially balanced. He's just acknowledging supporting evidence without mentioning contraindications. But no need to :deadhorse: at this point. It is what it is.

Wasn't TBow with McDaniels in Denver?

Tebow spent a year in McDaniels' system in 2010.

This article made it to the front page of CNN.com...wow...must be a real slow news day.

This article made it to the front page of CNN.com...wow...must be a real slow news day.

It's all about the clicks man.. Tebow stirs the masses, on both sides of the discussion.

I think that Tebow's confidence is shattered. To coin a baseball term, he has the yips. His accuracy has always been poor but his mental game seems deplorable right now.

Great read on the yips: Baseball Confidence.com-cb articles

I think the trauma of spending a year with the Jets got to him. Watching the horror show that is Mark Sanchez start in front of him could be a huge blow to the ego.

'If I can't start ahead of that guy I must be really bad.'

So no one wants to comment on the main point of the article - that Tebow has lost his speed and quickness that he had in college?

Anyone?

I think the trauma of spending a year with the Jets got to him. Watching the horror show that is Mark Sanchez start in front of him could be a huge blow to the ego.

I think you've graduated from Excuse Making 101 and are now ready for Excuse Making 201. :bricks:

So no one wants to comment on the main point of the article - that Tebow has lost his speed and quickness that he had in college?

Anyone?

He has never been a fast player.. if they are saying he lost a step, it could be from bulking up last year. He still looks way to big, even for him.

I think that Tebow's confidence is shattered. To coin a baseball term, he has the yips. His accuracy has always been poor but his mental game seems deplorable right now.

Great read on the yips: Baseball Confidence.com-cb articles

'If I can't start ahead of that guy I must be really bad.'

I don't think it's been shattered just yet, but he doesn't look very confident in the pocket. That said, being a pocket passer has never been his game.

I think you've graduated from Excuse Making 101 and are now ready for Excuse Making 201. :bricks:

The Jets thing was obviously a joke, as they are. But the yips or whatever you want to call it is real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST